Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Forbes: Gaga is revitalizing CD sales

Supersonic

Featured Posts

Supersonic

According to Billboard, four hit Universal Music Group (UMG) titles (Eminem's Kamikaze, Lil Wayne's Tha Carter V, Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper's A Star Is Born soundtrack and Greta Van Fleet's Anthem of the Peaceful Army) have surprised everyone when the CD versions of those titles quickly sold out. In some cases, the CD versions of the titles weren't even in stores on their release dates.

The reason for that happening is a combination of factors ranging from the happy accident of unexpectedly hot titles coupled with a demand for their physical product versions, but also CD production problems as well. This was due to the fact that all major labels have divested their CD manufacturing and the companies that bought those factories have moved them to Mexico. That in itself is not a problem, but one of the factories is still in transition from the move, leading to an unexpected decrease in output.

Although CD sales are far from what they once were, there's still a healthy demand for what has now become a premium priced product with a large profit margin. According to Billboard, the A Star Is Born soundtrack moved 111,000 CD albums, while Eminem's Kamikaze sold 68,000, and Greta Van Fleet's Anthem Of the Peaceful Army sold 47,000 so far.

source: https://www.forbes.com/sites/bobbyowsinski/2018/11/10/cds-dying-wrong/#28eb6b297dca

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mister Gaga

SAVING THE MUSIC & FILM INDUSTRY, ALL AT ONCE :giveup:

TEN YEARS LATER, SHE'S REVITALIZING THE MARKET ONCE AGAIN :giveup:

A LEGEND :giveup:

raragaga

queen of merging the past and the future 

xoxo

Suspiria

I kind of hope CD sales die off completely soon... there's really no need for us to be using all that plastic when we have digital music.

1 minute ago, Suspiria said:

I kind of hope CD sales die off completely soon... there's really no need for us to be using all that plastic when we have digital music.

Some of us like buying cds and vinyls for sentimental value. Playing my favourite song on a record player is far more pleasing than streaming it. 

Supersonic
1 minute ago, Suspiria said:

I'm somewhat of an environmentalist, but this post make me want to throw my plastic into the regular trash out of spite

There's literally a list of 100 actual companies that kill the world and are totally responsible for climate change so it is a bit ridiculous to believe we're gonna "do our part in saving the world" if we don't buy CDs lmao.

NewRules
3 minutes ago, Suspiria said:

Plastic straws and cups are bad because they get used once and they often aren't recycled, but there's nothing wrong with plastic CDs

NewUsername
4 minutes ago, Adarsh Soni said:

Some of us like buying cds and vinyls for sentimental value. Playing my favourite song on a record player is far more pleasing than streaming it. 

exactly

2 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

I'm somewhat of an environmentalist, but this post make me want to throw my plastic into the regular trash out of spite

There's literally a list of 100 actual companies that kill the world and are totally responsible for climate change so it is a bit ridiculous to believe we're gonna "do our part in saving the world" if we don't buy CDs lmao.

exactly

Suspiria
4 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

Of course CDs aren't single handedly destroying the planet, but it's literally millions (billions?) of pieces of plastic produced every year that simply don't need to be made - buying songs digitally is far more practical, physical copies have no real benefits.

Surely reducing the amount of plastic we produce can only be a good thing?

Danny Milk

I cannot buy music digitally so cds are my only choice of buying music legally

I guess it doesn't really matter

11 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

There's literally a list of 100 actual companies that kill the world and are totally responsible for climate change

and 99 won't actually destroy the earth but all it takes is 1 cd

Davian
11 minutes ago, Adarsh Soni said:

This! I listen to cds at night to fall asleep and I LOVE the booklet that comes with cds:firega:

What you want Lady Gaga🥂 What you want with Christina🥂

Archived