đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Forbes: Gaga is revitalizing CD sales

Supersonic

Featured Posts

MonsterPaws
11 hours ago, Supersonic said:

I'm somewhat of an environmentalist, but this post make me want to throw my plastic into the regular trash out of spite

There's literally a list of 100 actual companies that kill the world and are totally responsible for climate change so it is a bit ridiculous to believe we're gonna "do our part in saving the world" if we don't buy CDs lmao.

I somewhat agree. Just keep in mind how many CDs are produced vs. how many CDs are actually bought for good reason. If we can slowly transition to using digital media exclusively and whenever possible we actually would be making a difference, no matter how small.

For example in schools (especially college) handing in your research papers physically used to be the norm (and still is for some classes) but that's mostly unnecessary and wastes so much paper. The reality is cutting out unnecessary disposables here and there eventually adds up, and we need to be more aware of that especially with all recent talks about the environment.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GypsyBabe

This must be why my CD that I preordered took a month to arrive :selena:

⚯͛

13 hours ago, Shipper said:

I buy CDs because my car plays them and the sound is extremely better than using the car's bluetooth. It vibrates better and it gives you an out of body experience while driving.  Lol

In my experience,  only in a car with the CD or during an actual concert can you feel that booming and vibrating bass of music that gives you shivers. 

And using bluetooth somehow you lose that quality.  

That’s a very real thing because with Bluetooth, it’s passing through the digital space and as it does that it does lose some of its quality just by nature of the beast.

The people that loves Cds lol... imagine not only Gaga but unknown and well known artists also releasing these Cds... yeah justify your crap with straws...

In the age of the digital, there should be no reason why youre destroying the planet... stop trying to justify it.

Weasel
16 hours ago, Suspiria said:

So what you're saying is, you don't care about using CDs as a means of playing music, you only want it as a collectors item?

In that case we really don't need hundreds of thousands of copies produced. Maybe just a couple hundred for those who want it as a display item.

Mostly, yes. And next to wanting to have it as a collectors item, I also simply don't like paying for a download. It feels like I'm paying for air. I know it's illegal, but it literally takes 5 seconds to find a download to a song whereas with a CD I have the feeling you get what you pay for. And it helps the artist so that's a reason too. 

But I think that the production of physical copies has been reduced a lot already. I mean, sales numbers don't lie. It's a fact the industry of physical sales is going down and down while streams keep increasing each year. 

Weasel
1 hour ago, NathanC said:

The people that loves Cds lol... imagine not only Gaga but unknown and well known artists also releasing these Cds... yeah justify your crap with straws...

In the age of the digital, there should be no reason why youre destroying the planet... stop trying to justify it.

I mean, it's more about balance than stopping literally everything that destroys the planet. Because in that sense you couldn't do anything in your life. The power generated for you to use the Internet and visit this website isn't helping this planet either. Neither are those plastic sunglasses in your avi :huntyga:

19 hours ago, Mister Gaga said:

SAVING THE MUSIC & FILM INDUSTRY, ALL AT ONCE :giveup:

TEN YEARS LATER, SHE'S REVITALIZING THE MARKET ONCE AGAIN :giveup:

A LEGEND :giveup:

This

19 hours ago, Suspiria said:

I kind of hope CD sales die off completely soon... there's really no need for us to be using all that plastic when we have digital music.

What do you do when you lose the file? What about the case-scenario where streaming services remove an artists misic? It’s happened before, it will happen  again when the platform is completely full. Physical copies are important for a reason, plus they hold more value. 

Suspiria
4 minutes ago, Possibly Maybe said:

What do you do when you lose the file? What about the case-scenario where streaming services remove an artists misic? It’s happened before, it will happen  again when the platform is completely full. Physical copies are important for a reason, plus they hold more value. 

What happens when you scratch/break/lose your CD? 

Digital copies are far safer... if you lose your iphone or whatever, you will still have the file saved to your itunes account. So you can always listen to it on your computer or ipad or whatever. Once you've bought and saved it, you have it forever, regardless of whether or not they delete it from the store.

Plus its pretty rare that streaming platforms will just remove an artists music...

StarstruckIllusion

the LASHINGS on the first page... ooof. I have to scream 

23 hours ago, Supersonic said:

I'm somewhat of an environmentalist, but this post make me want to throw my plastic into the regular trash out of spite

There's literally a list of 100 actual companies that kill the world and are totally responsible for climate change so it is a bit ridiculous to believe we're gonna "do our part in saving the world" if we don't buy CDs lmao.

Shops selling plastic bags is a problem, or plastic, not CDs. CDs often stay with people for their lives, are passed on or are sold on. You obviously don’t get it, it’s fine. I’ll keep buying physical copies for their sentimental value, they’ll stay with me for my life and won’t end up in landfill

Supersonic
58 minutes ago, Rio said:

Shops selling plastic bags is a problem, or plastic, not CDs. CDs often stay with people for their lives, are passed on or are sold on. You obviously don’t get it, it’s fine. I’ll keep buying physical copies for their sentimental value, they’ll stay with me for my life and won’t end up in landfill

i think you're quoting the wrong person because I essentially said the same thing lol

8 hours ago, Suspiria said:

What happens when you scratch/break/lose your CD? 

Digital copies are far safer... if you lose your iphone or whatever, you will still have the file saved to your itunes account. So you can always listen to it on your computer or ipad or whatever. Once you've bought and saved it, you have it forever, regardless of whether or not they delete it from the store.

Plus its pretty rare that streaming platforms will just remove an artists music...

It’s not “rare,” in fact it’s pretty common. Try to find Aaliyah, Tool, Jojo, or Cher just to name a few. Sure, you can find a selection, but far from their full catalogue. I have Cher records that aren’t on platforms, such as Half Breed, and none of Tool’s music is on platforms. Aaliyah’s self-titled is missing.

And if someone is careless with their albums that’s their own problems tbh. I have a collection and everything is in pristine condition. 

Everyone has their own prerogative I guess. I have a record collection, but some people stream. It’s nothing political 

14 hours ago, Supersonic said:

i think you're quoting the wrong person because I essentially said the same thing lol

must have done 🤷🏼‍♀️ they’ll still see it

Archived