💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

The Satanic Temple Sue's Netflix for $150 Million

Seeka

Featured Posts

Full article here

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2018/11/08/the-satanic-temple-sues-netflix-warner-bros-for-150-million.html

https://fm.cnbc.com/applications/cnbc.com/resources/img/editorial/2018/11/08/105562774-1541702091098image_1541122272_95507496.530x298.jpg?v=1541702100

The Satanic Temple is suing Netflix and Warner Brothers for $150 million, saying the companies infringed on its copyrights, violated its trademark, and caused injury to its business reputation, according to court documents filed on Thursday in a New York district court.

At the center of the controversy is Baphomet, described in the court documents as "an androgynous goat-headed deity.

...the lawsuit claims the show's statue is similar to The Satanic Temple's real-life Baphomet monument, which was made famous by an Indiegogo campaign in 2014.

Because the statue is featured prominently in the show, The Satanic Temple claims its members are being associated with the "evil antagonists" depicted in the series. 

The Satanic Temple, on the other hand, "does not promote evil and instead holds to the basic principle that undue suffering is bad, and that which reduces suffering is good," the organization claims.

"It does really kind of normalize this notion that the only true meaning of this type of religious identification is one that can be associated with a patriarchal, cannibalistic cult," Greaves said. 

Apart from the statue, which was familiar to me since the first scene, the rest is kinda bullshit..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

3 minutes ago, Miracle said:

It's true that their organization is atheistic, but theistic satinism does exist.

Theistic and Atheistic Satanism like to pretend the other doesn't exist from what I can tell.

6 minutes ago, Miracle said:

Derp derp double post derp derp

andy232000

I mean...Isnt the devil being portrayed as a hybrid of a goat/bull and human-like form.....an incredibly ancient imagery??? how would they have patents and copyright on that?

DelusionalGaga

Looks like they're just trying to cash in while the opportunity is there. Satanism has always had more or less of a bad reputation. They're kidding themselves if they think that people perceived them as a normal religious organization and now all of a sudden a teen show damaged their image. Like, give me a break :awkney:

did the Pope sue for The Young Pope? or anything involving Christianity in a negative light? idgi lmao what was their reputation to basic American people before Sabrina? Love and giggles? Baphomet statue I agree it's very similar, so there's that, but then like.. that is a satanic pose, the goat headed man is a satanic symbol, he was a fallen angel with wings, etc. like they themselves did not create Satanic imagery 

anyways, I just started Sabrina like 2 days ago and omgggg!!! It's sooo ****ing good!!!! I'm amazed at how good it is. 

23 minutes ago, Seeka said:

Theistic and Atheistic Satanism like to pretend the other doesn't exist from what I can tell.

Wait a minute, wtf is Atheistic Satanism? I’m an atheist but I ve never heard of that term before:ladyhaha: I guess I have a lot to learn

12 minutes ago, Pantera said:

Wait a minute, wtf is Atheistic Satanism? I’m an atheist but I ve never heard of that term before:ladyhaha: I guess I have a lot to learn

Basically it's an atheist who agrees with the tenets put forth by Satanism, but doesn't believe Satan is an actual being.

One of the main reasons Atheistic Satanism isn't well known is because it's better known as Laveyan Satanism... And Antoine Lavey looks like goddamn Nosferatu and tried to make Satanism popular, so... Yeah.

Satanism isn't that bad. Despite this particular temple being money-grubbing who*re bags 

Thomas P

After watching AHS satanism is a genuine fear of mine :messga:

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

raragaga

gross

xoxo

MonsterPaws
2 hours ago, River said:

Apart from the statue, which was familiar to me since the first scene, the rest is kinda bullshit..

Agreed, for the statue I hope they can come to some kind of agreement, but everything else just sounds like a money grab :crossed:

I actually like what the Satanic Temple promotes (in terms of their ideals at least) when it comes to freedom of religion and equal representation, rationality etc. But this whole shebacle comes of as a bit ridiculous to me to be frank.

The Baphomet statue was created in response to a Ten Commandments statue erected in Oklahoma, to show how biased the state is in favoring "traditional Christian values" or whatever.

And what's ironic is that using their own methods against them, proponents of other religions can--by the Satanic Temple's Logic--sue "misrepresentations" of their own religions in media for millions.

It's very hypocritical if you ask me minus the designer of the statue, he at least deserves some credit even though that Baphomet imagery has been around for centuries (definitely not $150 million worth of a lawsuit ffs).

4 minutes ago, MonsterPaws said:

Agreed, for the statue I hope they can come to some kind of agreement, but everything else just sounds like a money grab :crossed:

I actually like what the Satanic Temple promotes (in terms of their ideals at least) when it comes to freedom of religion and equal representation, rationality etc. But this whole shebacle comes of as a bit ridiculous to me to be frank.

The Baphomet statue was created in response to a Ten Commandments statue erected in Oklahoma, to show how biased the state is in favoring "traditional Christian values" or whatever.

And what's ironic is that using their own methods against them, proponents of other religions can--by the Satanic Temple's Logic--sue "misrepresentations" of their own religions in media for millions.

It's very hypocritical if you ask me minus the designer of the statue, he at least deserves some credit even though that Baphomet imagery has been around for centuries (definitely not $150 million worth of a lawsuit ffs).

I agree with everything!

In some sense, the similarity with the statue comes with 2 kids but the rest is pretty much the same historical imaginary..

I find it weird that they got offended, it's a tv show and of course it takes many things to the extreme and of course it's not accurate to real life and they never said that their are part of this type of satanism.. and if other religons can have many kind of denominations, Satanism too and what we see in Sabrina is Witchery Satanism.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Archived