💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Twilight Director Says She Wanted More Actors Of Color In The Film

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

BUtterfield 8

“(Meyer) had not really written it (the books) that way. So she probably just didn’t see the world that way. And I was like, oh my God, I want the vampires, I want them all—Alice, I wanted her to be Japanese! I had all these ideas. And she just could not accept the Cullens to be more diverse, because she had really seen them in her mind, she knew who each character was representing in a way, a personal friend or a relative or something. She said, 'I wrote that they had this pale glistening skin!'” 

Hardwicke said Meyer finally got with the idea of having the Kenyan-born actor Edi Gathegi play Laurent, whom the director describes as “one of the scary antagonistic vampires." She explained, “The only reason that came through was he was described as having olive skin. And I said, there are black olives out there! Then she was open to the students in (Bella’s) peer group being other ethnicities, so we got Christian Serratos and Justin Chon, so we were able to open it up a little bit.”

https://shadowandact.com/twilight-catherine-hardwicke-stephanie-meyer-against-diverse-casting

Married the Night

Well the cullens are supposed to appear to be the same family. So it would not have made sense. 

BUtterfield 8
2 minutes ago, Andreu said:

very easy to say this now

he'll look cool and woke, and it changes nothing.

She’ll*

Andreu
5 minutes ago, Rainbow1 said:

She’ll*

woops my bad

And the mistake I'm making every five seconds while writing in english ):

“Now that is 2018 and is better not be racist I think I would’ve better if the Cullens were all black...and Bella Asian and maybe the wolf could’ve been Mexican, werewolf Jacobo” 

-Catherine Hardwicke 

:neyde:

Hottie Detector

Andreu
3 minutes ago, DelusionalGaga said:

Not even diversity could have saved that tragic franchise. 

excuse youuuu

30 minutes ago, Rainbow1 said:

he was described as having olive skin. And I said, there are black olives out there!

this is how she got POC roles in the movie? :air:

Roronoa

Let me tell you something about my high school days (when Twilight was popular). High school girls only cared about good looking WHITE CAUCASIAN guys. I saw a school poster they made of '10 most good looking guys', had Harry Styles and Justin Bieber etc., but all were white.

Twilight wouldn't have sold well if it was ethnically/ racially diverse. That being said, things might be different nowadays.

33 minutes ago, Pacify Him said:

The franchise is already over, next!

Get ready for a spin offs called Half-light, Daybreak, and Nightfall.

ZiggyZiggs
2 hours ago, Married the Night said:

Well the cullens are supposed to appear to be the same family. So it would not have made sense. 

They were all adopted, no blood relations, somebody forgot to do their homework I see :ohwell:

Archived