💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
achievement

Highest grossing “no action and no fantasy” movie ever!

Luna Lovegood

Featured Posts

Luna Lovegood

"A Star is Born has earned $168 million in North America, surpassing Gone Girl ($166m) as the biggest  adult-skewing October release in modern times (sans inflation). Oh, and it also passed the $166m gross of Fifty Shades of Grey, taking its place as essentially the biggest “no action” (Pearl Harbor, Titanic)  and “no fantasy” (Ghost) romantic drama of all time in unadjusted domestic earnings. It’s already the biggest non-period piece romantic drama in North American grosses and should pass Pearl Harbor ($198m in 2001) to end up third on the overall list."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2018/11/07/box-office-venom-star-is-born-bohemian-rhapsody-lady-gaga/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

tenor.gif

luna’s advocate

what?? Bigger than Pearl Harbor???

How is this movie that successful???

And wow i had no idea Gone Girl was that successful as well. Im shook to the core. Like we passed Fifty Shades, that movie is atrocious, but wow it's THAT popular

Gagz4Gaga

We love a future-Oscar winning film with tremendous box office milestones :vegas:

nostalgia’s for geeks

What a load of crock. Isn't Bradley Cooper a walking fantasy??? Another bs record broken :madge:

Spoiler
Spoiler

:vegas: jk he he

It would also be the highest grossing movie of all time if you deleted the movies above it :derpga:

Signature loading… 👹🖤

AlexanderMagno
21 minutes ago, Stef said:

It would also be the highest grossing movie of all time if you deleted the movies above it :derpga:

Yeah, this is exactly what I thought while reading this thread :sharon: the praise for the movie is great but this was written by a little monster trying to give ASIB a new record.

Anyway, this is US only. Comparing to Gone Girl or Fifty Shades of Grey, just for example, ASIB is yet the only movie whose worldwide gross is lower than the domestic gross. Hopefully this will change.

SchwineLove
46 minutes ago, Killa said:

what?? Bigger than Pearl Harbor???

How is this movie that successful???

And wow i had no idea Gone Girl was that successful as well. Im shook to the core. Like we passed Fifty Shades, that movie is atrocious, but wow it's THAT popular

Not bigger than Pearl Harbour, it's just saying ASIB is non-action drama film, unlike Pearl Harbour

1 minute ago, Cssomeone said:

Do you guys know how much it has earned worldwide?

$297m so far.  Will be well over $300m worldwide by Monday.

Wet Fire

Our girl's debut movie and this much critical AND commercial success :nooo: How far we have come from the moment she was so broken around 2013. :omg:

42 minutes ago, AlexanderMagno said:

Yeah, this is exactly what I thought while reading this thread :sharon: the praise for the movie is great but this was written by a little monster trying to give ASIB a new record.

Anyway, this is US only. Comparing to Gone Girl or Fifty Shades of Grey, just for example, ASIB is yet the only movie whose worldwide gross is lower than the domestic gross. Hopefully this will change.

Given the vibe of it this is not surprising in the least lol Joanne had a similar effect and that skewed a little more pop than ASIB does. Plus, it's no secret that the movies that translate best abroad are ones without a lot of cultural baggage attached to them (i.e. fantasy and action films) and are led by some internationally known property. Star Wars never does super well in China because it never really has and isn't as relevant. The Dark Knight, though? 1) It featured China a lot which helps and 2) Batman.

ASIB having a stronger domestic pull makes total sense and I'm certain WB had that in mind when creating the budget for it.

Archived