💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

New pop singers are unambitious nowadays

Bradley

Featured Posts

I just want to defend my girl Charli XCX for redefining what is considered pop music, bringing PC Music into the limelight, writing a number of pop hits for other artists, and keeping her sound fresh and experimental :vegas:

but yeah everyone else is boring the radio is hard to listen to anymore 

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Supersonic said:

I think it's pretty much reflective of how disillusioned the up and coming youth of now is. Everybody is like "Everything is gonna go to sh*t anyway sooner or later, why bother changing anything when our world is inevitbly going to end within the next 20 years anyway" lmao

a mood 

hoeslay

Not particularly breathtaking on stage in comparison but Halsey is one of the few still serving concept and theatricality, and Charli is making waves in changing what pop is supposed to be production wise. 

Anyways yall should stan my DIY ass self and my ambition thanks

TheRoof
2 hours ago, Earthling said:

I totally agree with you, I can hardly distinguish any of these new pop girls from each other....except for:

alice chater

This little pop-diva is literally still in her incubation phase but she is so damn exciting 

She's got the incredible vocals, insane dance moves and an enchanting look to match

DgqHz-8X0AAkRZH.jpg

lolitamuse
2 hours ago, Earthling said:

I totally agree with you, I can hardly distinguish any of these new pop girls from each other....except for:

alice chater

This little pop-diva is literally still in her incubation phase but she is so damn exciting 

She's got the incredible vocals, insane dance moves and an enchanting look to match

I was actually going to post this, so glad you did! She's 100% going to be the next big pop girl and going to bring a breath of fresh air to the industry, I absolutely see her being on the level of Fame era Gaga. I don't know if she'll be able to sustain it, but I see her hitting it massive. She's ICONIC. 

RIPheygirl
7 hours ago, TMM90 said:

Dead birds on stage. 

Lazy movements and no fire in their eyes.

Duo lingo is dat you?

witchcocktor

Why would anyone try hard with their music anymore?

You put on your Kylie Jenner makeup, a bra and panties, get up on stage and dance all sexy to a generic tune backed with generic love story lyrics (and probably a rapper), and it gets the job done.

Women will thinks it's '' empowering!!!! ''

Gays will think '' yaasss slaayyy queen!! ''

Men will think '' oh she is kinda sexy '' 

Male popstars just need to be attractive, pretend to being even slightly woke, to get a hordes of fangirls, too. 

Why try to impress anyone with originality and work hard to standout when it just makes you look like a poser?

misunderstood

Another day another thread about how “pOp IsN’t ThE sAmE aNyMoRe!!!!11!1!1!111”

"I'd rather be poor and happy, than rich and alone"

GoldenPonyboy

with social media, especially instragram which is lets be honest, about looks more than anything else, the younger generation look up to artists that are in the norm. People are scared to differ from the norm. they want to fit in. in the 2000's we had these gangs of weirdos who actually liked to be diffrent (pink, avril lavigne, green day, manson, gaga, etc). They had something special. Now people want to be like everyone else. I mean I'm sorry but you can walk in a high school and half of the girls' instagrams would look identical to eachother. 

diamondheartxx

I don't think it's that people don't care for star images anymore, it's simply the fact that we haven't had a groundbreaking female artist debut since.....well, since Gaga

The amount of hype Normani received for her performance at this year's BBMA's should tell you people still have some passion for a huge star, they're just hard to find nowadays as opposed to the 2000's where everyone had something that made them interesting and unique.

10 hours ago, Earthling said:

alice chater

If she dosent blow up in a year, then we can pack our bags because pop will be dead

hmmm

Suspiria

Lol you guys are just really blinded by your bias towards 2010 pop music because that's the music you grew up with and loved.

Pop music is no more generic or samey than it was back then. Kesha, Katy Perry, Rihanna etc. were all using the same producers, all had that same electro-dance pop sound and sang about the same things. Yeah their looks were a bit more distinctive and memorable, but in terms of the music things really weren't that different.

That J

The issue is also the consumer. When a person can warble over a song, "perform" it while looking bored, lackluster eras.......

Yet people buy it then why invest in real artists when they can create 5 dull versions of what one person could do perfectly? 

Be cautious of who and what you spend money towards. If nobody bought this stuff, they wouldnt sell it. 

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

That J
19 minutes ago, Suspiria said:

Lol you guys are just really blinded by your bias towards 2010 pop music because that's the music you grew up with and loved.

Pop music is no more generic or samey than it was back then. Kesha, Katy Perry, Rihanna etc. were all using the same producers, all had that same electro-dance pop sound and sang about the same things. Yeah their looks were a bit more distinctive and memorable, but in terms of the music things really weren't that different.

I grew up in the 80s and I got used to change in the late 80s, change in the early 90s, change in the late 90s, change in the 00s...

Out of ALL those times of music, I've never seen a period so stuck in the mud as todays music is.

I'm honestly glad some people enjoy some of it. I'm just speaking as someone who has always been a music person who has been there and grew with the music and it's just not inspiring anymore, not challenging, it's just monotonous dry soul.  Not all of it of course...I'm saying overall. Just my opinion. No harm meant. 

That J
2 hours ago, GoldenPonyboy said:

with social media, especially instragram which is lets be honest, about looks more than anything else, the younger generation look up to artists that are in the norm. People are scared to differ from the norm. they want to fit in. in the 2000's we had these gangs of weirdos who actually liked to be diffrent (pink, avril lavigne, green day, manson, gaga, etc). They had something special. Now people want to be like everyone else. I mean I'm sorry but you can walk in a high school and half of the girls' instagrams would look identical to eachother. 

This is truth. Where is the new Manson? Or the punk girls? Or the avant garde garage band? 

Music is PUNK.  Risk. Chances. Where is the punk??  Wheres the risk? 

Archived