💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

New pop singers are unambitious nowadays

Bradley

Featured Posts

WORLDofGAGA

Although I agree with many points and I also agree Jessie j is in the first group,  I’d also say Jessie j is a stand out performer vocal wise, her voice is incredible alone, her first album had a powerful message. But I don’t think she’s on the same level as the second group but does have factors better than the first group. 

@W0RLDofGAGA

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, jinko said:

I feel like we've been saying this for at least 4 years now. The future will soon be past for her if she doesn't act quick enough :triggered:

She's the most distinctive indie artist that I can think of. Pop2 is one of the best pop records to come out this decade, not to mention the constant acclaim that she receives from critics and fellow musicians. She releases quality music on a regular basis and has a signature style.

When we say the future of pop music I feel like we are not referring to what pop will sound in 3-5 years but rather to musicians who have a distinctive perspective of what pop could be. And Charli has that hands down. 

I low-key was impressed with Cardi B's AMA performance, I liked it (no pun intented) :green:

月にかわって、おしおきよ!🌙

but I do agree with the new girls being sort of lazy. 

if I was able to sing, I would give all of them a run for their freaking money tbh :classy:

the only girls I like among the new ones are Lorde, Charli XCX and Carly Rae Jepsen (although I kinda don't think she's actually new?). 

月にかわって、おしおきよ!🌙

42 minutes ago, Pantera said:

Billie Eilish, I don’t know much about her. I don’t know how she performs. However, I’ve heard some of her songs. And she sounds great. She is getting a lot of love. She seems like a rising star and I wouldn’t be surprised if she gets even bigger. There’s something about her.. I can’t explain. She looks and sounds like a future star. And Ariana is just getting bigger and bigger.

Her props and concept were amazing but her eyes and charisma is dead for me.

checkout my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5iGoXYpXnIfLHH1o7H9lxA

devilrhino

Such a great post! This is all I see too in the modern pop world and after searching for an answer, I think largely it comes down to how pop music is consumed nowadays as an industry. 

Streaming has risen massively since 2012, so much so that it has now overtaken digital sales through itunes / physical copies combined. No one pays for individual singles anymore. This means the aim of artists is not so much abouting standing out with a new sound to make that only sale, the aim now is more about sounding similar to everything / everybody else to fit in with current pop trends. Artists no longer need to diversify as much to crack that sale, so less effort is put into sounding unique and instead, sounding like everybody else is the aim in order to simply be added to a playlist for free. Streamers just want to consume a quick pop melody, the need for sounding different and running a theme just isnt that important anymore. 

Its really sad, im so sick of hearing trap / hip hop everywhere when it all sounds like garbage. I think we are now living in an age were pop music just wont diversify so much as has done in the past because of this. I hope im wrong but its certainly been this way now for years which is unusual. 😞 I hope gaga pulls it out the bag next year and proves it all wrong. 

I agree... today's pop music sounds the same... Everything I hear is more or less the same sound... Sometimes I can't recognize who is singing the song because pop girls nowadays have the same voice... And when it comes to staging presence there is hardly any... Look at ema awards a few days ago... Yeah there were dancers and special effects but those things are not good enough for performance and performer to be good. You need a good stage presence, control of your voice and many other things that. Most of today's girls don't have... These girls get eaten by special effects and dancers... They just kinda blend in with them its like you are watching a dance crew dance to the song...

While when you look at Gaga's super bowl, for example, she had so many dancers and effects but ultimately she was the center of attention... Her energy, charisma, passion, power in her voice can't be missed no matter how many people are on the stage with her she is still easily seen...something that today's pop girls can't manage... Even when gaga just sits on piano and sing she has more energy than most of this pop girls today... Every performance of hers has a story... Enev the piano ones... So yeah I hope pop scene will change quickly... Because it will die with this new girls 

I've got an "F" and a "C" and I got a "K" too And the only thing that is missing is a bitch like "U"

Supersonic

I think it's pretty much reflective of how disillusioned the up and coming youth of now is. Everybody is like "Everything is gonna go to sh*t anyway sooner or later, why bother changing anything when our world is inevitbly going to end within the next 20 years anyway" lmao

3 hours ago, Killa said:

ah but can't we accept that the big spetacle pop star just isn't very 2018???

Haven't you still understood that part

I just watched earlier this... It's as lack luster as it can be.

But most of all, most people just aren't here anymore for this overused routines, etc. It's just been done too many times

And sorry but Ariana doesn't have that drive, she's cute not commanding. But yes, she's in between

I just think we are living an era which is very casual and people are not drawn to artifice, elaborated stuff. It's all fast and easy to consume and goes well with your playlist

unless it's Lemonade...where Bey blew it out of the water by having merchandise for it, and selling it as the ULTIMATE artistic triumph of hers. Very much and all or nothing in that case

I agree insofar as I don't find any of these new people even remotely memorable (yes, even Kim Petras who the gays seen to fawn over. Derivative music and a very limited, not distinctive voice). That's the problem along with there being a tsunami of information flooding people. I was reading about the changing trends in media and a big one is the micro-influencer. People across the board are not finding this MASSIVE success, but are finding niche market success very easily. Look at Rupi Kaur. She's an instagram poet; limited, niche market of mostly of teen girls and women in their later 20s or early 30s (tail end of Gen Y). This applies to pop, I think. There's just too much distraction to control a conversation even if these people were legends in the making, but they certainly have a devoted micro-fanbase.

MonsterOfSpain
3 hours ago, Killa said:

ah but can't we accept that the big spetacle pop star just isn't very 2018???

Haven't you still understood that part

That stage was soo cool though, low key looked like a Eurovision one. Imagine the things someone with good stage presence would've done :giveup: 

MonsterOfSpain
3 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

I agree insofar as I don't find any of these new people even remotely memorable (yes, even Kim Petras who the gays seen to fawn over. Derivative music and a very limited, not distinctive voice). That's the problem along with there being a tsunami of information flooding people. I was reading about the changing trends in media and a big one is the micro-influencer. People across the board are not finding this MASSIVE success, but are finding niche market success very easily. Look at Rupi Kaur. She's an instagram poet; limited, niche market of mostly of teen girls and women in their later 20s or early 30s (tail end of Gen Y). This applies to pop, I think. There's just too much distraction to control a conversation even if these people were legends in the making, but they certainly have a devoted micro-fanbase.

I agree, there's just too much stuff going on at the same time and people just tend to forget about songs and artists so easily nowadays. The veteran pop girls are lucky to have such devoted and stable fanbases, not that they didn't built them on their own though.

15 minutes ago, MonsterOfSpain said:

That stage was soo cool though, low key looked like a Eurovision one. Imagine the things someone with good stage presence would've done :giveup: 

This this and thiiiis

The whole time while I was watching EMAS I was just thinking how they wasted that amazing stage for people that don't know how to use it...

If Gaga, Rihanna, Katy, Beyonce, Ariana and some other were there they would have used the full potential of that stage and those performances would be amazing... But instead with got this girl that was just walking and laying on that stage like she lost the will to live.... 

I've got an "F" and a "C" and I got a "K" too And the only thing that is missing is a bitch like "U"

Bradley
2 hours ago, WORLDofGAGA said:

Although I agree with many points and I also agree Jessie j is in the first group,  I’d also say Jessie j is a stand out performer vocal wise, her voice is incredible alone, her first album had a powerful message. But I don’t think she’s on the same level as the second group but does have factors better than the first group. 

She definitely has the technique but her performances don't really impress. Like literally the only selling point is her voice.

Archived