💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Bohemian Rhapsody

Villanelle

Featured Posts

Villanelle

I did search to see if there was a topic for the film, but it was just random threads about how BR was ASIB's biggest threat :lolga:

Anyway, I saw this film yesterday and I was blown away! I saw it in 2D (there's IMAX and 4DX viewings too) and I was so invested in the story of Freddie Mercury. I don't claim to be a Queen fan or know much about them or their music, but I am downloading their albums right now! 

There were parts where Freddie (played amazingly by Rami Malek) is at the piano and it really reminded me of Gaga. You can certainly see how she's imitated a lot of legends before her, it was quite charming to watch.

The ending (which is the Live Aid) concert, was AMAZING. I can only think how good that must be in 4DX.

In the corridors of the cinema you could hear the We Will Rock You chant, the cinema quite literally was shook!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this FreddieDaily? 

Spoiler

jk, Im watching the movie tomorrow and I can't wait :vegas::vegas:

could mean anything

The movie was a big spectacle for me but the story was way too over the top and cheesy even cringy at times. if you’re a fan of Freddy you’ll like it, if you’re a fan of Queen you’ll be a bit disappointed  :vegas:

Also the fact that the last scene is mostly CGI fans just takes away the magic of that particular moment for Queen 

Hottie Detector

LadyLuca

So cool that monsters can enjoy the film. Im exited for it myself. 

Was afraid that many would claim the movie was bad just to put Gaga in a better light.:saladga:

Rami Malek is a great actor. He deserves all the praise.

elijahfan

Saw it yesterday and enjoyed it a lot, though I thought it was a bit... conventional, idk. Loads and loads of fan service. I like being challenged a bit more when I go to the movies, don't think they portrayed the character in a truly nuanced way. The best things were the performance and the music, so did it really need a movie? :shrug:

The movie is good for two reasons: Queen songs and Remi Malek. But the story and dialogue are very poorly written. Like if someone gave a Lifetime movie a budget of 80 million dollars. The final sequence saved the whole thing tho. Absolutely spectacular.

RAMROD

It is one of the greatest movie this year. And they didn't shy away from HIV and Mercury's sexual orientation either. It is great and engaging!

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

So for you guys that watched it, is Rami Malik a big threat for Bradley Cooper? I mean, Cooper was great. This is his best performance yet. But what do you guys think.

Regina George

Anyone who actually likes Freddie and who knows how Freddie felt about public knowing specific things about his life will love this movie. Freddie was about music and this movie is about music and they even showed the side of him that he never talked about publicly. Freddie never wanted the public to know about his sexual orientation, family, private life - not because he was ashamed bit because he wanted to have his “safe” place.. So them not showing every specific thing should not come as a surprise honestly. 

I loved the movie, acting was great and I believe this is a great homage to the Freddie and his band. Performance scenes are magical. You feel like you are there. Everyone should watch this movie. 

RAMROD
3 minutes ago, Pantera said:

So for you guys that watched it, is Rami Malik a big threat for Bradley Cooper? I mean, Cooper was great. This is his best performance yet. But what do you guys think.

He is. He doing very good job. I blab about it on GGD status last week right after I finished watching it. And the feeling still stay that way. Very strong contender to Cooper if Academy give Malek a chance.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Regina George
2 minutes ago, Pantera said:

He looks, feels, moves and literally is Freddie in this movie.. I’m pretty sure he’ll get the nomination for this role. He did an amazing job. 

Daredevil

watched the movie yesterday and the cinema was packed. I’ve never seen a full cinema like that. 

The movie was good. I’m glad they didn’t straightwash the story like they did in the Imitation Game. Amazing performances :giveup:

Archived