💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Ariana Grande - thank u, next

Anveeroy

Featured Posts

Thomas P
5 hours ago, BlahForever1 said:

Also: I don't really know why people are bashing Sweetener on this thread? Didn't Ari get her biggest first week sales with Sweetener? She had two radio and streaming smashers on the album (NTLTC and GIAW), with Breathin' doing well despite no significant push for it as the third single. Idk if y'all noticed, but album eras are kind of short now in comparison to the start of the decade; once an album is uploaded to Spotify/ AM etc, music consumers can just pick and choose what songs they want to listen too and ignore the songs they don't like. The result? Albums rarely have more than 4 singles now, even with big releases.. Even if Ari didn't release thank u, next I'm not sure if she would've released another single; Sweetener is my favourite album by her but other than Everytime I can't really see any of the other songs smashing in the same way.

If Ari had started a new era in the middle of an existing album cycle 10, even five years ago, it would've been nuts and would've eaten away at the commercial success for both records... But people consume music differently, and as we've seen with all the mixtapes rappers drop randomly, artists are starting to also release differently in order to reflect the way we consume music. The industry is slowly moving away from 'traditional' album releases with two singles, and maybe 1/2 promo singles before an album is released, with then 3 subsequent singles which are also heavily promoted, to releasing multiple bodies of work within a shorter time frame. It's harder to milk money off albums when 3/4 months after release they're basically done. To me, it makes more sense to then release another album when it's then ready to be released rather than waiting a year after an artist has finished touring. Plus, Ari herself said that she doesn't like traditional album eras (paraphrasing but you know what I mean).

I probably would've waited to release thank u, next in late January once the Christmas/ holiday freeze is over, and once NTLTC and GIAW are both over on pop radio. But, Ariana is signed to a major label and has a competent manager who manages other successful pop artists (Bieber, Carly) so I doubt she would have been able to release new music without label approval... Like, we've all heard numerous stories of record labels stopping artists from releasing albums or making them wait 6 months to release new music.. Finally, I actually like the idea of Ari and other artists doing a couple of album cycles at the same time/ within a 12/18 month time-frame as it keeps excitement and momentum going for the artist.

Anyway OT: Ariana killed it with this song just like she has with previous lead singles. Each album I like Ariana more so if this new era is even better than Sweetener I'll go from a casual fan to a stan :applause:

There is so much truth in this post

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

before reading the lyrics saying "Ari" I thought it was Laura or Debra or something and I was like whewwwwWWWWW ARI am I late to the party?? Ariana is dropping this bomb that she's bi and no one's talking ?? 

thank u next!!! thank u next!!! I heard it first on my way to work this morning lmao and I cried!!! amazing song imo.. LOVE the lyrics and it's a total bop

Queen Gloria

Okay?.. Congrats, girl. This song is as exciting as paint drying. Actually, less. One hell of a lukewarm breakup song. 

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095bdfe1cb457244456b

Queen Gloria
16 hours ago, StreamDelicate said:

Don't have enough exes to relate to this :selena: Glad she's learning to love her own company though

Gave you a love for your queen Rockstar icon 

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095bdfe28b446e2e6b51

FATCAT
9 hours ago, BlahForever1 said:

Also: I don't really know why people are bashing Sweetener on this thread? Didn't Ari get her biggest first week sales with Sweetener?

Pretty sure people's complaints have been that the album lacks substance, not that it's not successful.

Purr more, hiss less.

StrawberryBlond
On 11/4/2018 at 8:11 PM, AStarIsBorn21 said:

I think you honestly need to calm down lol :laughga: Are you like her manager or something? Let the girl live her life and don’t hold an expectation to someone you’re not even a fan of (considering you say “her fans” instead of “we”). Let her cope the way she copes. I’m glad she has so much creative freedom to put out personal songs whenever she wants. You have to remember how much **** she’s gone through in the past few years, especially for someone who’s only 25. Take a breath. Relax. 

I'm showing concern for her mental health and you say I need to calm down? I am taking into consideration those things you've just said and for those reasons, I say she needs to take a break for personal reflection.

misunderstood
19 hours ago, QueenHunty said:

Okay?.. Congrats, girl. This song is as exciting as paint drying. Actually, less. One hell of a lukewarm breakup song. 

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095bdfe1cb457244456b

:awkney:

"I'd rather be poor and happy, than rich and alone"

On 11/4/2018 at 12:33 PM, LetsGetHigh said:

You sound like a child trying to insult someone who doesn't agree with your opinion. Lana works with different producers and has such different sounds from one album to another. Ariana doesn't. Don't personally attack me and call me uneducated just cause I'm disappointed she released an album that's different from her usual sound only to go back to her usual Max Martin sound a few months later. 

Be more mature in the future, thanks! :heart: 

I don’t know who u think u are or wtf you think u’re talking about but TYN is not a max martin produced song......... nor does it sound like one AT ALL.

you tried it, now sit down & be humble. Next.

Archived