US Pop Radio Refusing to Spin Shallow - “Doesn’t sound like top 40”

Stef

Featured Posts

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HorusRa2
1 hour ago, bowlsofbrett said:

I just heard "Shallow" being played on 107.5 kzl here in North Carolina. It's one of our biggest top 40 stations where I live.

Yasss! Good ole NC. My hometown. :firega:

• 3 weeks later...
Bel Esprit

Honestly ever since Troy left, Gaga has struggled hard with radio. He must've had a lot of those connections or something, because her radio presence has dwindled. If after Million Reasons, a trendy The Cure, and a solid hit like Shallow, if radios still won't play her she needs to payola the f out of her next singles. 

That J

I was thinking about this the other day and it's just the way times have changed

Celine Dion's huge hits wouldnt be hits these days.  Many peoples biggest wouldnt be radio hits now. 

Look at even I Will Always Love You...Whitney's version. 

In 1996, Shallow wouldve been number 1 for weeks and weeks and weeks like those kinds of songs. 

It's just interesting to me.  

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

That J
On 12/1/2018 at 4:30 AM, Bel Esprit said:

Honestly ever since Troy left, Gaga has struggled hard with radio. He must've had a lot of those connections or something, because her radio presence has dwindled. If after Million Reasons, a trendy The Cure, and a solid hit like Shallow, if radios still won't play her she needs to payola the f out of her next singles. 

She isnt making the same old same old that others are doing. 

Bel Esprit
25 minutes ago, That J said:

She isnt making the same old same old that others are doing. 

She needs to talk to radios about her next single and see what they'll play. 

That J
7 minutes ago, Bel Esprit said:

She needs to talk to radios about her next single and see what they'll play. 

Shes really done fine without their help tho if you think about it. Plus her tours are her true money makers.  I just dont wanna see her make music for radio. Make it for herself and for the fans. 

Bel Esprit
Just now, That J said:

Shes really done fine without their help tho if you think about it. Plus her tours are her true money makers.  I just dont wanna see her make music for radio. Make it for herself and for the fans. 

Sorry, I know music not the bling and all, but I want Gaga to have a few more radio hits before she just becomes a complete fan oriented artist. If people only remember the singles from her first few eras... :messga:

That J
16 minutes ago, Bel Esprit said:

Sorry, I know music not the bling and all, but I want Gaga to have a few more radio hits before she just becomes a complete fan oriented artist. If people only remember the singles from her first few eras... :messga:

Look at Madonnas singles from her first 2 decades.  Radio has just changed so much.  It's not even music not the bling as much as its quality over quantity. 

Perhaps radio will change again. Perhaps Gaga will have more hits like the early ones. We all want her to succeed...

But if it costs her the integrity of a true artist, then why not just love everything ON radio, ya know?  

I trust that her hit making days are not over. I just enjoy the music.  

And those songs are some of her weakest in my opinion.  I'd rather have the new stuff they wont play. 

I'll stream it. 

Archived