Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

US Pop Radio Refusing to Spin Shallow - “Doesn’t sound like top 40”

Stef

Featured Posts

giskardsb

there is no reason to listen to radio anymore anyway, and they are causing their own death even sooner by being so homogenized and playing nothing but the same crap songs 15 times a day.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
giskardsb
58 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

Well, that's cause it's a business though. I don't agree with it, but that's how it's run. If it doesn't meet up with what people want (the demand), then it's not worth their time trying to implement it. 

the problem is that program directors don't even give the audience a chance.  They pre-judge before hand what they want to spoon feed their audience.    I don't think top 40 directors are giving their audience enough credit.  

Reality
1 minute ago, giskardsb said:

the problem is that program directors don't even give the audience a chance.  They pre-judge before hand what they want to spoon feed their audience.    I don't think top 40 directors are giving their audience enough credit.  

Well, I'm not trying to defend them. I'm just stating the position they take. I'm not saying it's right, I'm just saying what they're doing. 

🖤👹

Kulture Kiari
2 hours ago, Admin said:

I wish Gaga all the success in the world and obviously want "Shallow" to smash, but I don't really see anything wrong with it? I mean, it's not really a pop song?

2 hours ago, ZiggyZiggs said:

define 'pop' lol

anything can be pop, wanting every song on pop radio to sound the same is stupid, Just Dance sounded like nothing on the radio and DJ's refused to play it. they fought for that song to be played on radio and it went no.1

Royals is another example. These songs redefined what 'pop' meant. and Gaga is doing the exact same thing with Shallow

In her own words "dont tell me what pop is, i know what it is, and let me tell you, this is what's next"

Ziggy took my words tbh. You can't be serious with "it's not really pop?"

Pop honestly has no genre. History has demonstrated us that. Pop is basically what is popular at the moment. If you compared 80's, 90's, even 00's, pop, they all sound different. Heck, even music from 5/6 years ago. We had that time back in 2011 when pop pretty much was "dubstep", tunes that sounded like robots throwing up followed by a female repeating the same phrase every 20 seconds slowly.

AStarIsBorn21
2 hours ago, TMM90 said:

What genre would you put it in then? 

It’s country-rock. But honestly that shouldn’t stop it from being a radio hit. Thee are plenty of country songs that have made it big on pop radio. 

AStarIsBorn21
15 minutes ago, Kulture Kiari said:

Ziggy took my words tbh. You can't be serious with "it's not really pop?"

Pop honestly has no genre. History has demonstrated us that. Pop is basically what is popular at the moment. If you compared 80's, 90's, even 00's, pop, they all sound different. Heck, even music from 5/6 years ago. We had that time back in 2011 when pop pretty much was "dubstep", tunes that sounded like robots throwing up followed by a female repeating the same phrase every 20 seconds slowly.

I think pop is much more technical when it comes to genre. Obviously Kendrick Lamar isn’t pop music, despite his music being very popular. I think it has more to do with how solidified a genre is based off it’s popularity. Hip-Hop has been popular for decades, so it’s able to be its own genre apart from “pop” music, same with rock. When I think of pop I think of recent/modern-esq. If it sounds like a song that woud never have been made, let’s say, 20 years ago, it’s pop. Shallow honestly could’ve been a song from the 70s or anytime after that. The sounds aren’t new or fresh, they’re very classic. An easy genre it fits into, that has been solidified with other popular music, is country-rock. I hope you get what I mean. Before He Cheats by Carrie Underwood was a huge hit. Doesn’t mean it was pop because of that. Stressed Out by TOP is still Alternative despite it’s popularity.

PoshLife

It's dumb of them not to at least try and see how their consumers respond to it, but what do you expect from a dying industry. Pop radio is a circle jerk.

MonsterInThe6

Even though it seems like pop radio wont play Gaga as much, can we appreciate she's still this girl.

Batwings

I don't know anyone who actually listens to the radio anymore except for news stations like NPR. U.S. radio has been garbage for years now. I stopped listening when my local Top 40 would just play the same handful of songs over and over and over again.

3 hours ago, Mirrion Rizzons said:

they would play it if adele sang it in a heartbeat tho...

No lies were detected.

Galagala

That's why P!nk, Kelly Clarkson can't be as strong as they were in the 2000s. Their powerful songs with stunning vocals "do not sound like radio top 40.":huntyga:  It's ridiculous and sad.

Archived