Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

ASIB set to be biggest musical in decades!

dit

Featured Posts

In holdover news that isn’t Halloween, A Star is Born continued to get farther and farther from the proverbial shallows. The Bradley Cooper/Lady Gaga musical romance earned $4.185 million (-26%) on its fourth Friday for a $138.6m domestic cume. We should be looking at a $14m weekend (-27%) for a $149m 24-day total. That will put it just under La La Land ($151m in 2016) and just over Mamma Mia’s unadjusted domestic total ($144m in 2008) and Les Misérables $148m cume (in 2012) among recent musical hits. At a glance, it should sail past Greatest Showman ($174m) and still has a shot at $200m domestic.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2018/10/27/box-office-a-star-is-born-venom-halloween-lady-gaga-tom-hardy/#6e271f42277e

Personally I do not consider ASIB a musical as no one really bursts into music mid scene. I see it as a drama film centered around music and placed within the music industry but I Forbes is Forbes and I will agree with them. 

Any ways statistics wise this has done beyond amazing. And this is for a RATED R film! Can you believe that? :giveup: I always had faith in the film and knew it'd be a great career move for Gaga but I don't think anyone could of dreamed of it reaching this level of success and acclaim (and we got a massive soundtrack out of it too lol). My goodness :diane: 

I always knew it was going to do good but I never expected it to to THIS good.

We are way beyond the automatic little monster - minicoopers sales. This is pure, natural success now.

FATCAT
24 minutes ago, dit said:

Personally I do not consider ASIB a musical as no one really bursts into music mid scene.

What you've described is a type of musical, the most famous kind, but musicals are a lot more general than that.

Musical - a play or movie in which singing plays an essential part. 

Purr more, hiss less.

keith ink

Ot: is she getting coins from the film's profit? I do hope she does aside from her paycheck. I need her networth to reach 400M by the end of 2018 :vegas:

AlexanderMagno

It’s not a musical, it’s a movie about music.

The songs are clearly not interwoven into the narrative.

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/genres/chart/?id=musical.htm

NOTE: This chart is for musicals -- movies where people break out into song with no on or off screen source of music or in settings other than concert venues or recording studios. That's distinctly different from concerts or movies about the music industry a la A Star is Born, The Jazz Singer or Glitter.

But I guess it’s about breaking records, and it’s easier as a musical.

Mirages

Guys it's a musical romantic drama. One movie can be more than one genre so I don't see why yall are fighting about this. Like 12 years a slave is both historic and drama, Rock Rolla is both crime and comedy,etc.

I'm the bitch that's fragile

derpmonster

I understand why many people feel uncomfortable about it being called a musical but you have to remember that a significant portion of the movie is songs and those songs tell stories. The songs convey the plot of the movie and help it progress and replace dialogue at points. That's what's a very musical-like thing.

A Movie can be about the music industry and be a musical.

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

derpmonster
Just now, Mirages said:

Guys it's a musical romantic drama. One movie can be more than one genre so I don't see why yall are fighting about this. Like 12 years a slave is both historic and drama, Rock Rolla is both crime and comedy,etc.

We love a hybrid

lady-gaga-applause-video-still_1.jpg

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

1 hour ago, FATCAT said:

What you've described is a type of musical, the most famous kind, but musicals are a lot more general than that.

Musical - a play or movie in which singing plays an essential part. 

thanks for explaining this! I had no idea. I always assumed musicals were films where ppl just randomly started singing and dancing out of nowhere lol

There is an original soundtrack attached to the movie, which tells a story with each dialogue and song. How the hell is it not a  musical drama? Lol

Schizophonic

i said it earlier on another topic but i definitly think they will at some point consider bringing the movie as a musical to broadway and worldwide musical stages. they could easily add more songs to it if gaga agrees (wich would almost seal her eotg if the oscar goes well).

they turned titanic and dirty dancing into musicals, bodyguard as well... i dont see why they shouldnt with asib and tgs

maybe not in the next 3-4 years but at some point.

same as for the greatest showman. but there i think will be another movie before that.

Archived