💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

20th Anniversary of ...Baby One More Time

Gimme More

Featured Posts

Gimme More

Twenty years ago, Britney Spears helped usher in a new era in pop music with the release of her ground-breaking debut single, “…Baby One More Time.” On November 23, in honor of its 20th anniversary, Jive/Legacy Recordings, a division of Sony Music Entertainment will release a picture vinyl title for the first time, featuring the album’s iconic cover on one side and an image of Britney from her early photo shoots on the other.

The picture disc is available now for pre-order: https://britney.lnk.to/BOMT20PR/amazonvinyl

“…Baby One More Time” was released on October 23, 1998 and went on to become a cultural touchstone for an entire generation. The song is from Spears’ debut studio album of the same title, released in January 1999 on Jive Records. Spears recently discussed the song with The Guardian stating, “The whole song is about that stress that we all go through as teens. I knew it was a great song. It was different and I loved it, (but) I don’t think you can anticipate how a song is going to be received.”

The track, written by Max Martin and produced by Martin and Rami, topped the charts in 19 countries. The album itself is 14x Platinum (Diamond certified) by the Recording Industry Association of America and has sold more than 25 million copies around the world.

20 years ago a legend was discovered!

Please state any memories you have of this song or any first impressions!

#JusticeForBritney ♡

omg so many songs are turning 20 :air:

I just turned 30:air:

I'm not that old, I refuse to believe that, BOMT is not 20 years old, it feels like it was released yesterday :awkney:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

DiscoHeaven23

The day America changed forever.

God this song was sooooo massive. It was everywhere. EVERYWHERE. I was 6/7 at the time. 

5 minutes ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

The day America changed forever.

God this song was sooooo massive. It was everywhere. EVERYWHERE. I was 6/7 at the time. 

True I was 10, I used to dance in front of the tv to it, it was everywhere, I thought that she was the ultimate pop icon..

And when Genie In A Bottle came out I was like eeeh this Britney wannabe :laughga: it took me a while to love Xtina..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Tom Nook

I just wanna go back, back to 1999
Take a ride to my old neighborhood
I just wanna go back, sing, "hit me, baby, one more time"
Wanna go back, wanna go

Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah...

The moment that changed pop music forever, I'm actually shocked it's been 20 years like it's still such a popular song today 

...BOMT is one of my fave Britney albums I just love her deep natural voice 

Living legend you can look but don't touch:staymad:

warioaddams

I remember listening to this song when i was twelve, good times.

And watching Britney on Trl countdown all the time. 

britney-spears-baby-idea.gif?auto=compre

Reginald

I knew every single bit of the choreo to this song when I was a kid. A star was born lol

BlackSwan Cat & Mouse

A cd with a different picture in the back to celebrate such a big event ? I didn't expect more from her team tbh :grr:. Anyway this song was the starting point of the career of one the most fascinating pop star out there. I couldn't be more proud of what she did when she was still so young and all the hard times she overcame in her life. Her strengh should be an example for all

bloody g

I was 1 year old so I don't have any memories but I still have a copy of the album that my sister bought when she was 11 :flutter:

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

thierryrreiht

britney-spears-announces-new-las-vegas-r

and look where she is now... 

"I want to become a woman in this business and grow up. When you become famous at 21 or 22, it's like you stop growing up."

There is no better example than Britney for that... So sad she reduced herself to this. A shame.

Archived