Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Underrated Lines in ASIB that get you the MOST every time? (Spoilers)

MEM

Featured Posts

These are mine, personally:

- Studio recording scene, "You're doing great, are you okay?" "No, I'm so nervous" "You look so beautiful."
- Post-Grammys shower scene, “That’s my job!” + “I don’t want you to choke, baby!”
- Rehab scene, “It’s not your fault, it’s a disease” “I embarrassed you” “I’m not embarrassed of you” “and your dad” “My father loves you”
- Bobby/Ally last scene, “I keep going over and over and over it in my head” + “He loved how you see them. He kept saying, ‘I love how she sees ‘em, Bobby”

None of these are included in the dialogue tracks so every time I hear them in the cinema I just :nooo:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh my god, you literally put all of the lines I was gonna pick here lmaoo. The shower scene and the rehab ones KILLED me. I became a mini cooper instantly after watching the rehab scene.

Maybe not a line but Ally's reaction when her father says how many people have talent but just don't make it made me feel so sad.

Just to be on topic, I loved when Jackson tells his brother "it was you I admired" after struggling to find the words.

"It was you I idolized, not Dad" :diane:

Also, a really underrated scene imo is when Ally's in the bathtub with her new orange hair, feeling so unlike herself until her drag queen friends from back home facetime her to show their love and support, reminding her of who she is. Suuuper touching to know that Ally has such a strong support system. My friend teared up during that scene. And it's also kind of bittersweet to realize that drag queens are so full of love but most of time that love isn't returned...

If this film doesn't at least receive a nom for Best Adapted Screenplay I will riot :grr:

angels forever, forever angels

Teal Ambition

"I understand but I don't like it" :cryga: her facial expression here sends me straight to the deep end

Edit: THIS

giphy.gif

▌│█║▌║▌║ before I am Canadian, I am Chromatican ║▌║▌║█│▌

The scene where Jackson holds Ally and gives her advice while staring at the billboard was underrated imo.

Mirrion Rizzons

rehab scene when jack cries is honestly the saddest, most heartbreaking scene in the movie watching it a second time, I cry the most at that part knowing what's coming:cryga:

I Can't remember the exact dialogue but bradley deserves an oscar for that scene alone:firega:

2 minutes ago, TheShameMonster said:

"It was you I idolized, not Dad" :diane:

Also, a really underrated scene imo is when Ally's in the bathtub with her new orange hair, feeling so unlike herself until her drag queen friends from back home facetime her to show their love and support, reminding her of who she is. Suuuper touching to know that Ally has such a strong support system. My friend teared up during that scene. And it's also kind of bittersweet to realize that drag queens are so full of love but most of time that love isn't returned...

If this film doesn't at least receive a nom for Best Adapted Screenplay I will riot :grr:

YES I was about to put this in but then I just kept only-Gaga scenes in. I didn't notice Sam Elliott's reaction until my second viewing and it broke me!!

And YES I love that scene too! Like she gets famous so fast and she's so overwhelmed it's precious. "This is so weird. I don't know who the hell I think I am. One song is fine but to put out a whole record, I don't know what the f*** I was thinking..." GAGA SLAYED THIS DELIVERY. And Ramon says "I don't know about all of that but you definitely look like a star" and then the way she smiles up at him, my heart!!!

When Ally was in the shower tending to Jack and she was like, "We're fine (or was it okay? idk I have to watch again)... HE'S FINE!!!!!"

At that moment I literally felt my heart drop. Ally loves Jack so much that she's willing to deny what has happened/happening :messga: I also felt her hope and hopelessness (if that makes sense) :messga:

God, Gaga's really gonna win best actress huh

Schizophonic

i dont remember the lines exactly but in the rehab scene she implied somehow that they also could end the relationship if its that what he wants now. that was a moment that really had me because ive been in exact the same situation before.

Gaga oh lala

The 12 notes with Bobby and All that got me that it wasn't her fault. If related to me cuz I lost a family member to do suicide and feeling guilty that we could have done more but knowing that it's not our fault we did the best we could.

6 minutes ago, Teal Ambition said:

"I understand but I don't like it" :cryga: her facial expression here sends me straight to the deep end

Edit: THIS

giphy.gif

I ALMOST FORGOT ABOUT THIS her face is so adorable I'm-

Also when he pokes/massages her forehead a little bit, "I think I'm getting through a little bit, I can see it" and she's like "no you can't" UGH MY EMOTIONS

OH AND THEN when she's like "I don't know what is going on?" and Jack's like "who does?!" I giggled lol

6 minutes ago, jinko said:

When Ally was in the shower tending to Jack and she was like, "We're fine (or was it okay? idk I have to watch again)... HE'S FINE!!!!!"

At that moment I literally felt my heart drop. Ally loves Jack so much that she's willing to deny what has happened/happening:messga:  I also felt her hope and hopelessness (if that makes sense) :messga:

God, Gaga's really gonna win best actress huh

I think about this moment all the time it's so heartbreaking :messga: and yep I think her dad is yelling outside and she keeps shouting "He's fine! It's FINE!!" :messga::messga::messga:

"hopelessness" is correct...she loves him so much and she's struggling to unbutton his shirt I'm just-

7 minutes ago, MEM said:

YES I was about to put this in but then I just kept only-Gaga scenes in. I didn't notice Sam Elliott's reaction until my second viewing and it broke me!!

And YES I love that scene too! Like she gets famous so fast and she's so overwhelmed it's precious. "This is so weird. I don't know who the hell I think I am. One song is fine but to put out a whole record, I don't know what the f*** I was thinking..." GAGA SLAYED THIS DELIVERY. And Ramon says "I don't know about all of that but you definitely look like a star" and then the way she smiles up at him, my heart!!!

I actually teared up the most at that sibling moment tbh. his reaction was so subtle yet powerful.

the fact that you can quote the movie perfectly i'm shook. you either got incredible memory or watched the movie 6+times :diane: I myself gotta watch the move at least two more times.

angels forever, forever angels

6 minutes ago, Schizophonic said:

i dont remember the lines exactly but in the rehab scene she implied somehow that they also could end the relationship if its that what he wants now. that was a moment that really had me because ive been in exact the same situation before.

Oh yes that part was kind of foreshadowing too, because it showed how blindly in love they were. Like maybe they didn't communicate as much as we hoped. Obviously he was in rehab for a few months so they might have disconnected...from what I remember it's like:

"You're coming home right..."
"I wasn't drunk the whole time we were together"
"Yeah but it got bad...I mean I don't...it's not.."

Like it got a bit awkward and Ally was insecure all over again, like she felt he wouldn't want to come back sober like he she thinks he only loves her when he's drunk :toofunny: I wanted to go into the scene and slap both of them tbh

27 minutes ago, KING said:

The scene where Jackson holds Ally and gives her advice while staring at the billboard was underrated imo.

"If you don't dig deep into your f***ing soul, you won't have legs."

THE WAY THAT THEY LOOK AT EACH OTHER. (could've kissed but it was sweet regardless)

Archived