Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

ITA and ARUTW should be the main commercial push off ASIB

YourEvilTwin

Featured Posts

YourEvilTwin

It's been obvious for a while that Warner plans to push Shallow and I'll Never Love Again for the Oscars, which is understandable because they are the most pivotal songs in the movie. But I so wish Is That Alright and Always Remember Us This Way would get their moment to shine, especially the former, because it is, in my opinion, the best song she's ever written lyrically, AND her greatest vocal performance ever released on a record. Even if they don't get submitted for the Oscars, I still wish Interscope would push them as singles and send them to the radio, because they are probably Gaga's best chance in a long time, musically, to broaden her outreach and increase her fanbase. The adult market in North America, Europe, and Asia would eat them up like they did with Adele's power ballads, and it would be a massive missed opportunity if Interscope continues to sideline these two gems. Shallow and INLA will have their moment at the Oscars.

Catnikko

I can imagine that might be what they planned but Shallow's really taken off so i guess it'd make more sense for them to use that more

Actual patient

thatfoxyfeeling

ITA deserves a music video. It could really be a hit in UK & US during Winter. 

wonderlanddynasty

I'm sure they'll promote those great songs soon enough, considering her Vegas Show is coming.:firega:

ARUTW sounds like a lost Elton John classic. It's the song with the most instant, broad appeal she's written since The Edge of Glory and they'd be completely mad not to push it.

But I mean it is Interscope/Gaga, who wanted to push Judas before TEOG and Venus before DWUW. So I guess we'll see.

Juanlittlem
50 minutes ago, YourEvilTwin said:

It's been obvious for a while that Warner plans to push Shallow and I'll Never Love Again for the Oscars, which is understandable because they are the most pivotal songs in the movie. But I so wish Is That Alright and Always Remember Us This Way would get their moment to shine, especially the former, because it is, in my opinion, the best song she's ever written lyrically, AND her greatest vocal performance ever released on a record. Even if they don't get submitted for the Oscars, I still wish Interscope would push them as singles and send them to the radio, because they are probably Gaga's best chance in a long time, musically, to broaden her outreach and increase her fanbase. The adult market in North America, Europe, and Asia would eat them up like they did with Adele's power ballads, and it would be a massive missed opportunity if Interscope continues to sideline these two gems. Shallow and INLA will have their moment at the Oscars.

This would be such a big mistake and I believe they know it and that's why they released Shallow before the Grammy deadline. They'll push Shallow at the Grammys and INLA at the Oscars, so they don't split votes between two songs.

Locked in a basement again?! / I ❤️ Teletubby.

FullPsychotic

When she released the first videos of ASIB on YT and I listened to them, i liked them all but I thought ITA was the most original one and a masterpiece for her interpretation (INLA sounded like W. Houston, a powerful classic love song, and that is good too).

But then the other songs took off including ARUTW which wasn't even released as a video in YT, while ITA views increased less than I expected.

You know, there is not a scene in the movie where she sings ITA and I was surprised because I thought it was THE SONG (before listening to HEAL ME ahah). So yes it definitely deserves a video and an official release as a single because it has to be a Lady Gaga classic for the ages and can't be wasted.

ITA has quickly become one of my Top 3 Gaga songs of all time and it’s probably her best written song ever, in my opinion. So emotional, deserves better than a rough version played in the final credits :(

1 hour ago, Juanlittlem said:

This would be such a big mistake and I believe they know it and that's why they released Shallow before the Grammy deadline. They'll push Shallow at the Grammys and INLA at the Oscars, so they don't split votes between two songs.

This wouldn't be a mistake at all lol. Shallow or I'll Never Love Again will both easily win :ladyhaha:

And I don't think you know what you're talking about. They released Shallow early because of popular demand, and maybe because they can submit it for 2019 Grammys and submit INLA for 2020 Grammys. 

Juanlittlem
44 minutes ago, JR Gg said:

This wouldn't be a mistake at all lol. Shallow or I'll Never Love Again will both easily win :ladyhaha:

And I don't think you know what you're talking about. They released Shallow early because of popular demand, and maybe because they can submit it for 2019 Grammys and submit INLA for 2020 Grammys. 

How can both songs win if you submit both at the same category at the Oscars? You'll only make them get split votes lol
Shallow wasn't released by popular demand, no one knew the songs we heard on the trailer, yeah, we heard something of Shallow but no one was asking for a song, they asked for a second trailer.

RahrahWitch

They needed a duet to push the movie, Shallow was the best option of the duets in my opinion. I too wish Is that Alright would've gotten a bigger push, It's my favorite song of the album and probably one of my top 10 songs of all time. It has to potential to be Massive.

Juanlittlem
1 hour ago, Rio said:

ITA has quickly become one of my Top 3 Gaga songs of all time and it’s probably her best written song ever, in my opinion. So emotional, deserves better than a rough version played in the final credits :(

ITA is in my top 3 of the film, it was sad to watch they payed it dust playing it at the credits.

Schizophonic

i think they started with the obvious choices and go deeper step by step.

ITA makes more sense to promotes along the DVD release with a feature on the dvd.

It That Alright is THAT song. 

Definitely one of Gaga's best songs ever and it 100% needs to be a single with an original music video (directed by Bradley? :giggle:

Archived