Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

I love Gaga's music because...

Gagally

Featured Posts

I am not talking about her as a person, a public figure, a persona, an icon......But her music. I have been listening to nothing else for almost five months now, and it finally struck me today. I have definitely enjoyed Gaga doing covers, but they do not move me in the same way as when she performs her own songs. It zapped me today like a thunder bolt. If this has been described elsewhere, please point me to it. I know others must have expressed this as well.        Gaga's songs take me places. Although different in sound, production, theme, etc, what is the over-riding commonality? All of her compositions have an arc, a ride, a journey. They start almost as a warm-up, building in intensity, spirit, and sound to a euphoric climatic peak, then easing you down to a punctuation of soul and expression.  Listen tonight with my description in mind. Tell me if you agree.

Written with love.

Watch As I Dive In

PeachJug

Completely agree. And my favorite of her songs really shine in this regard!

Speechless, You and I, Grigio Girls, Summerboy, ARTPOP

I could go on...

Sneaky Oliver

Gaga’s music is like watching a movie or going to the theatre. I mean it’s a full experience. And I love the random themes like Bad Romance makes you think about bathrooms, Telephone about prisons or Perfect Illusion about deserts. 

Her music really pushes you to have a conceptual story and visual and I love it 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

Couldn't agree more, each of her songs and their lyrical content make you feel as if you're on the journey with her/experiencing what she's experiencing 

djBuffoon

Agreed. I love her music because even the weaker tracks have an identity. They don't feel manufactured or like they were crafted by a writing camp. Her voice as a songwriter is distinctly her own.

34 minutes ago, PeachJug said:

Completely agree. And my favorite of her songs really shine in this regard!

Speechless, You and I, Grigio Girls, Summerboy, ARTPOP

I could go on...

I just re-found Summerboy today; love it!

Watch As I Dive In

GaGaAst

I still don't know why I listen only to her but i am glad i do so

Love it when you call me legs In the morning, buy me eggs

Trxstan

All of her songs have intent.

There is soul and passion and direction. None of them feel lazy, even if there are problems with the production or maybe cheesy vocal effects, they all serve a purpose that makes each song feel like a fully realized idea, even if isn't a great idea.

Take one of her 'worst' songs, Jewels N Drugs. That song, despite its unimpressive lyrics and what not, it feels passionate. It moves and progresses. Or take The Cure, a song that many people deem a generic pop track. It still feels really intimate and intentionally 'pure' and simple.  It doesn't sound like a cop out.

None of her songs are complacent, detached, or haphazard. They all have a clear directive.

woop hey there keep scrolling

1 hour ago, Trxstan said:

All of her songs have intent.

There is soul and passion and direction. None of them feel lazy, even if there are problems with the production or maybe cheesy vocal effects, they all serve a purpose that makes each song feel like a fully realized idea, even if isn't a great idea.

Take one of her 'worst' songs, Jewels N Drugs. That song, despite its unimpressive lyrics and what not, it feels passionate. It moves and progresses. Or take The Cure, a song that many people deem a generic pop track. It still feels really intimate and intentionally 'pure' and simple.  It doesn't sound like a cop out.

None of her songs are complacent, detached, or haphazard. They all have a clear directive.

Even though TC is fairly "basic", even it's lyrics are uniquely Gaga. "Rub your feet, your hands, your legs..." Like, even that kind of "basic" line has something of a Gaga spin to it in its specificity of anatomy, ya know?

She's so talented as a songwriter, and is able to express her deepest feelings and so many messages in her music.  And she has written songs for other artists.  It's amazing she excels at so many things, songwriting being just one.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Archived