💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Opinions on Gaga at TØP

NotMyFlop

Featured Posts

NotMyFlop

Yesterday, I went to The Bandito Tour for Twenty One Pilots. Since I had pit tickets, I arrived in the arena seven hours before doors opened so I could get relatively close to the barricade. It was cold, snowy :messga: and windy for this experience - so I was quick to made friends with other people in the line so I could leave periodically and keep my spot in line. 

Sidenote: Formatting on this site sucks. It took me five minutes and multiple refreshes to get it to become a new paragraph. 

Anywho, I talked to several people and I was surprised when THEY brought up Gaga and ASIB and such. I was honestly surprised at how many people talked about it, and what they had to say. 

One girl brought up the general disappointment of the band's album, Trench, didn't go #1. She said that since Gaga is a legendary artist (her words :giveup:) she doesn't need #1 to prove themselves and she was rooting for TØP because them scoring a #1 would help prove they are more than just  Stressed Out, Ride and Heathens. 

I talked with this one girl for HOURS about various things and I was surprised at how brutally honest she was when she brought up Gaga. She mentioned that TØP's label, Fueled By Ramen had mismanaged the era so far, how the concept alienated the GP and the general lack of promotion ultimately poised it to fail. She compared it to ARTPOP. She also mentioned how Warner Brothers were genius in the award shows, releasing one song beforehand and just building up such hype. She even talked about how the quality of Trench is inconsistent and has some of the worst songs in their discography. She listened to the soundtrack just once after release week and said she was floored at how well-done it was, but is gonna wait and buy it until she sees the movie. 

A father was sitting next to me, and was in line with his kids and brought up how the daughter CRIED when the official numbers were announced. He said he had to tell her that success doesn't matter and that if she loved the album, that's all that mattered. She was roughly 12-14, so I understood. I used to be the same way about chart positions. He mentioned she has a vendetta and refuses to listen to the album, and he didn't plan on it because she is "weird". :messga:

When I got inside the arena, I actually met a Gaga stan! They were so much like me in that Gaga is our #1, but we have a place in our heart for TØP. We talked about a whole variety of things. 

But, some people (inevitably) heard us talking and placed in opinions. In the span of 5-10 minutes, I heard along the lines of "the movie is great", "she's trash", "she's overhyped", "that soundtrack is the best album this year", etc. 

The negative comments came from almost exclusively younger, teenage fans. I could tell it was immature, but again I understood so I didn't try to argue or anything about it. 

Sidenote: The Bandito Tour  is AMAZING!!! The energy they have was incredible. The setlist was meh, but it's a magical night and Josh Dun held my hand before they sung their final song and I am still in awe. 

I don’t really know what to say but thank you for writing that :wtfga:

I don’t really have an emotional response but wig that was really interesting :icega:

There are some points she has made :vegas:

eh.. I think those fans see them as pop icons and it's kinda wrong :awkney:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

SpookyKid

The Bandito Tour looks great on videos :giveup: Pet Cheetah is EVERYTHING

Life has a hopeful undertone |-/

Miracle

I'm glad the the figures proved that they're over and are just a couple lil quick singles.

(Just kidding, I actually don't care about this group but I found this thread to be funny)

Quartz

I can feel for them though. Imagine Born This Way being blocked fr number one by an OST

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

Doncho

Mmmmm very interesting story. But as fans, we can totally relate to them. We are lucky Gaga s last 5 albums went number 1, she is such a force!

zakariah

tbh, their record label really shouldn’t have set their album release date the same day as gaga’s, like it doesn’t take a record label executive to realise that gaga is a FORCE when it comes to fanbase size and album sales, if they had put their album release the week after ASIB was released they would’ve had that #1 & even pushed ASIB down to #2

RadioIsOurs

I'm sorry that they had to be second place to us because they are actually more deserving than most artists out there,  but still...this game is ruthless, you either win or lose.  :ohwell:

ARTPOPSTER

I feel bad for them. We have experienced the same feelings as TOPS fans have. Rather than hating them, we must support and respect them as Gaga has taught us. :vegas:

On 10/22/2018 at 7:33 AM, NotMyFlop said:

She said that since Gaga is a legendary artist (her words :giveup:) she doesn't need #1 to prove themselves and she was rooting for TØP because them scoring a #1 would help prove they are more than just  Stressed Out, Ride and Heathens.  

To be fair,  Gaga didn't trash TØP or anything just to boost the sales. She should have blamed the buyers :selena:

ι'м ρυℓℓιηg үσυя sтяιηgs

LordEnigma

People don’t understand that it is the music BUSINESS and companies don’t care about “legendary status” and  aren’t going to let another company’s album go number one because their artist already has plenty of number ones....Their goal is to drive sales and turn a profit whether that makes some teenagers mad or not.

And honestly, do we really think that TOP and Gaga are fighting for number one? I’m sure they both respect each other and so should fans :oops:

So many people take these things personally and it’s kind of sad tbh. I understand wanting your “team” to be successful and all... but it’s time to move on.

it's just wrong timing is what it is. if they are on separate weeks of debut, i would really root for them both. Trench has nice songs, and i would love them to have #1, i was actually itching to listen to their album during debut week... but girl, it's gaga..... so.... :oops:

but i do do love TOP

Archived