91 members have voted

1. 1. Oscar for Best Original Song?

• Shallow
    • I’ll Never Love Again (Film)
    • I’ll Never Love Again (Extended)
    • Always Remember Us This Way

Featured Posts

JustinLovesGaga

So as we know, only one song can win an Academy Award for Best Original Song... please vote which song you’d prefer to win considering all factors and NOT solely based on what your favorite song is. 

I personally think WB will push Shallow and I’ll Never Love Again FILM version, they want Bradley to get all the credit he can for this film, making lots of money and critics are loving it. 

And then of course there’s a possibility of a wildcard win for Always Remember Us This Way since fans are loving it so much, but I think it’s a low possibility indeed, especially because Bradley doesn’t have a part of that song. What do you guys think? 

I wouldn't want to be in the shoes of whoever is going to chose this.

Shallow is the trademark song of the film. It also has the plus of being a feature of both lead stars. It's full of heart and it is raw but unpolsihed and definetly not the best song from the film.

INLA is the best song in all terms but somehow is not as succesful as Shallow and not THE song of the film. A

I would go and send INLA. I believe it has the bigger chances but at the same time, those who vote may be expecting Shallow to be nominated so idk.

Kindness rules all.

andy232000

I’d honestly sent both songs in and see what sticks. I think INLA has more chance in terms of songwriting, composition and overall emotion, but like some users said, Shallow is THE trademark song. It’s the successful sister people like. Nevertheless I’d send both. However god knows if having two nominations could hurt her chances. It has not been the best to have two horses on the race 

The extended version of INLA without Bradley just sounds odd, after seeing the film. I prefer the film edit. That extended version just drags on and just doesn’t pack a more emotional punch. 

I believe Shallow is a better song. And will win. However, I want INLA to win because Bradley is not a musician and an Oscar for a song will do nothing for his career. However, for Gaga, this will be a great achievement. I'm not petty tho.

Madam Margolyes
50 minutes ago, Pantera said:

I believe Shallow is a better song. And will win. However, I want INLA to win because Bradley is not a musician and an Oscar for a song will do nothing for his career. However, for Gaga, this will be a great achievement. I'm not petty tho.

Bradley won’t win if Shallow wins. He didn’t write the song. It’ll go to Gaga, Mark Ronson, and Rossomando instead.

zakariah

if they’re following the La La Land way then they’ll probably nominate Shallow (because it’s a collab between the 2 leads) & I’ll Never Love Again (Extended Version) (because it’s the swan song of the movie and it’s gaga’s big solo). another reason I think this will be the case would be because they want gaga to perform twice so that their ratings and viewership will increase because we all know gaga is THAT B!TCH when it comes to award show performances

in terms of which will win, the more successful & popular one will win AKA Shallow (at the moment), also it’d make great headlines ‘Gaga’s Far From the Shallow Now’‘Shallow Rises To the Top at the Oscars’ :vegas:

Spoiler

also I never got the hype over the film version of INLA, the cut just totally ruins it for me, I hate it with a passion :nails:

38 minutes ago, Madam Margolyes said:

Bradley won’t win if Shallow wins. He didn’t write the song. It’ll go to Gaga, Mark Ronson, and Rossomando instead.

Oh my bad. I thought because he sings on it, he'd win too.

Bradley

Shallow likely stands a better chance.

Although both songs are so good to the extent where it could divide the voters, and may pose a disadvantage.

Archived