💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

I'll Never Love Again deserves Song of the Year

Bradley

Featured Posts

Bradley

6A0D9209-6B5D-4732-8C2A-8844C3C64EC3.jpe

In my opinion, this is probably the second best song she's written after Bad Romance. You simply don't find songs like this anymore in today's musical climate.

I haven't really cried to a song for a long time but I'm still trying to hold back my tears at my 20th listen.

I mean we have songs like Issues, Blank Space, Chandelier, Roar and Despacito nominated for Song of the Year :saladga:

I think Gaga needs to start pushing and performing this song for the duration of next year, just like she did for Million Reasons.

If you ask me I wish this song would win Best Original Song at the Oscars but I think Shallow will because it's the lead single. In fact I'm not very sure because this song is so powerful and the critics think it's a lock for Best Original Song, I don't know which between Shallow and this will win, but if something else wins :rip:

I need her to perform this at the Oscars, but I'm not sure if she's allowed to perform twice (I think if you get nominated twice you should be allowed to perform twice). I don't think it's a great idea to combine Shallow and INLA into one performance, both songs are meant to be experienced uninterrupted.

Also does anyone know how it's likely to perform on the charts?

derpmonster

I would say so. I really love the song... but

It's not the most memorable melodically when you first listen to it. People don't remember this song from the movie as much. And the verses can feel slow and take too long to build up. The instrumentation is also a little too lowkey and I understand why--the biggest point of this song is the lyrical and vocal content!

However, if you're not really into the lyrics and voice and emotion (like most GP that is only stanning Shallow and ARUTW), it's not going to be the one to last. + I'll Never Love Again is powerful but only in the context of the movie. If they submit and half the Academy hasn't seen the movie (hypothetically), they won't get why it's a great song.

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

Didymus

The problem with the ASIB "Oscar songs" is their deliberate old-fashionedness, and how stereotypically "musical showstopper" they are. There's nothing refreshing or innovative about them, no matter how great they are, which is why I don't think they'll go on to win anything.

Then again, Cher did it with Burlesque...

38 minutes ago, Bradley said:

I mean we have songs like Issues, Blank Space, Chandelier, Roar and Despacito nominated for Song of the Year

Chandelier does not deserve this slander :triggered:

08, 09, 11, 13, 16, 20

Chickens in Malibu
49 minutes ago, Bradley said:

I haven't really cried to a song for a long time but I'm still trying to hold back my tears at my 20th listen.

Seriously?.... How can you be that unmovable! Last song I teared up to was this one, and it was just few hours ago xD... 

Bradley
56 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

I would say so. I really love the song... but

It's not the most memorable melodically when you first listen to it. People don't remember this song from the movie as much. And the verses can feel slow and take too long to build up. The instrumentation is also a little too lowkey and I understand why--the biggest point of this song is the lyrical and vocal content!

However, if you're not really into the lyrics and voice and emotion (like most GP that is only stanning Shallow and ARUTW), it's not going to be the one to last. + I'll Never Love Again is powerful but only in the context of the movie. If they submit and half the Academy hasn't seen the movie (hypothetically), they won't get why it's a great song.

Because there is little to no repetition, this is a powerhouse ballad we're talking about, it's not a pop song, obviously it won't stick to your head in your first listen like 'I live for the applause, applause, applause...' did.

The ultimate goal of this song is to convey the strongest emotions to the listener, and I'll Never Love Again achieved exactly that, repetition won't do that. In fact Gaga sings every line in this song differently, which is why it's not easy to remember the melodies of each line.

And the Oscars definitely care more about emotions than 'memorableness'.

I don't think the song is slow at all, I think it was paced perfectly.

I actually think that is an advantage, that it does not sound like your typical radio ballad (Hello, When We Were Young) but a movie ballad. The Oscars are about movies after all, and they want music that closely relates to the film it is written for, a close connection between the music and the movie is a key strength to impress.

And even if there are voters who have not seen the movie, I think they will be intrigued about the contents the film when they listen to this song, rather than say perhaps 'All the Stars' from Black Panther, which could stand on its own even without Black Panther.

Conservative Mom

I literally burst into streams in the second part of the song

Suburban Dweller, Property Owner, Petrol Consumer and Range Shooting Enjoyer

Mirrion Rizzons
1 hour ago, Bradley said:

Chandelier,

this is  GOOD song though, so is Blank Space, but I agree with you on issues and despacito

Bradley
2 minutes ago, Mirrion Rizzons said:

this is  GOOD song though, so is Blank Space, but I agree with you on issues and despacito

Ok... :awkney: good that you enjoyed them.

I do like them, but they are not Song of the Year-worthy to me. It's obvious they got nominated because they were very popular.

gypsy101
6 hours ago, Didymus said:

The problem with the ASIB "Oscar songs" is their deliberate old-fashionedness, and how stereotypically "musical showstopper" they are. There's nothing refreshing or innovative about them, no matter how great they are, which is why I don't think they'll go on to win anything.

Then again, Cher did it with Burlesque...

what song from Burlesque?

also wtf is this slander against Chandelier

Archived