šŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT šŸ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Should straights be able to play gay roles?

loathereality

Featured Posts

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Boyboi12
2 minutes ago, Adarsh Soni said:

:huh:

Funny **** is... I read that sentence with no problemĀ :toofunny:Ā now I noticeĀ :emma:

Reality

Absolutely.Ā 

I think more gay actors should be given opportunities to act, however, sexual orientation isn't something like race. You can't hire a white actor to play an Asian role (I mean, wouldn't it be ridiculous to have the leads in Crazy Rich Asians be white?), but I think you can hire straight actors to play gay characters. It's not like you can be like "he/she can't play a gay character! They don't even look gay!"

šŸ–¤šŸ‘¹

loathereality
2 minutes ago, Boyboi12 said:

Funny **** is... I read that sentence with no problemĀ :toofunny:Ā now I noticeĀ :emma:

its likeĀ 2 letter

Boyboi12
Just now, loathereality said:

its likeĀ 2 letter

:stalkga:maybe if you drink as much as i have youā€™ll understand also.Ā :derpga:Ā 

gypsy101

i just find it irritating that gays sometimes canā€™t play straight and i think too many gay roles are given to straight men. like, i loved Call Me By Your Name butĀ neitherĀ of the actors could have been played by a gay actor? i just find it obnoxious of hollywood to rarely cast gays as gays

Boyboi12
1 minute ago, gypsy101 said:

i just find it irritating that gays sometimes canā€™t play straight and i think too many gay roles are given to straight men. like, i loved Call Me By Your Name butĀ neitherĀ of the actors could have been played by a gay actor? i just find it obnoxious of hollywood to rarely cast gays as gays

:interestinga:Ā there have been plenty of films whereĀ gay men have played straight.Ā 

loathereality
Just now, M Monstre said:

Absolutely.Ā 

I think more gay actors should be given opportunities to act, however, sexual orientation isn't something like race. You can't hire a white actor to play an Asian role (I mean, wouldn't it be ridiculous to have the leads in Crazy Rich Asians be white?), but I think you can hire straight actors to play gay characters. It's not like you can be like "he/she can't play a gay character! They don't even look gay!"

how abt scarlett johansson

Archived