Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

ASIB: Nod to Judy Garland Wardrobe?

Just A Holy Fool

Featured Posts

Just A Holy Fool

Is it just me, or is Ally’s work uniform a clear nod to Judy Garland’s wardrobe in her version of A Star Is Born? That was my first thought when I saw it, and was shook when she took out the garbage and then started singing Somewhere Over The Rainbow. :giveup:

GagaPayMyWifi
3 minutes ago, Just A Holy Fool said:

Is it just me, or is Ally’s work uniform a clear nod to Judy Garland’s wardrobe in her version of A Star Is Born? That was my first thought when I saw it, and was shook when she took out the garbage and then started singing Somewhere Over The Rainbow. :giveup:

I think she pays tribute to her with that outfit and the song. And also to Whitney with the last song.

derpmonster

She always looks so good in men's inspired clothes :hug:

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

Pierre

She also wore the red shoes during the last scene/INLA.

❝Is not blue, not turquoise, not lapis. It's actually cerulean❞.

5 hours ago, GagaPayMyWifi said:

I think she pays tribute to her with that outfit and the song. And also to Whitney with the last song.

To Whitney in what way? Because it’s a power love ballad like I’ll Always Love You? 🤔

35 minutes ago, Rio said:

To Whitney in what way? Because it’s a power love ballad like I’ll Always Love You? 🤔

Melodically and tonally there are some superficial similarities with I Will Always Love You and I Have Nothing, yeah.

3 points in and ready for more

38 minutes ago, Miel said:

Melodically and tonally there are some superficial similarities with I Will Always Love You and I Have Nothing, yeah.

im not quite sure that is a tribute. coincidence, it is. but tribute? i think not

Archived