💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Could 'The Cure' have...? [ASIB SPOILERS(?)]

PlastiscGuy

Featured Posts

PlastiscGuy
Spoiler

(I know this probably has been discussed before, but I don't care [pls don't ban me, admin, this is not a disrespectful comment nnn] ksahfja :selena:)

So, as we know... DJWS said it. The Cure never belonged to the ASIB world, but what if it's a lie? The Cure being a scrapped song is still till today a never proved real nor wrong rumor (except by DJWS but :awkney: anyway)

Back in the movie, we saw Jackson criticize Ally's pop music for being too 'shallow' (:ohwell:) and after that their relationship went down in a hill. But... could have Ally written 'The Cure' for Jack as in a way to say she still loved him and would be by his side no matter what? 'I will be right by your side, If I can't find the cure, I'll fix you with my love' :oprah:
Alcoholism is a disease, and Ally thinks her love can be the cure to fix Jack :kara:
Nevertheless, The Cure didn't make the cut, and it was scrapped. But what if it The Cure was in the movie? Could have Jack changed his mind from his final decision if Ally sang it to him? :omg:

If he would not... What if Ally sang the song in her last show, thinking Jack would be there and listen, but he never came? :ohno: Could the ending have been even sadder? 

Lemme know your thoughts below, sisters :poot: 

PG.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PlastiscGuy

INB4 Rez knew Ally's intentions and made her sell 'The Cure' to that Lady Googa girl so he would still make her and Jack split up :poot:

PG.

FullPsychotic

I was thinking exactly the same this morning. The cure lyrics fit into the story very well.

But honestly my biggest surprise about ASIB is that Is that Alright? wasn't in the movie so...it makes me think Gaga had a lot of songs and ideas but not everything could be in the movie because Bradley Cooper is the director and he knew what he want.

I mean if The Cure can't be in the movie it has no sense for it to be in the soundtrack.

LeJudas

What if Ally has been ghostwriting all of that RahGooRomaMamatoo girl's songs this whole time?!? Especially Joanne, that sounds just like Ally's debut album :oprah:

I didnt take what DJWS said about the cure as never being part of ASIB. He said something along the lines of how they were just creating all this music, and the direction the movie took off sonically it was not part of it. 

AnglerfishbraBENUS
2 minutes ago, FullPsychotic said:

I was thinking exactly the same this morning. The cure lyrics fit into the story very well.

But honestly my biggest surprise about ASIB is that Is that Alright? wasn't in the movie so...it makes me think Gaga had a lot of songs and ideas but not everything could be in the movie because Bradley Cooper is the director and he knew what he want.

I mean if The Cure can't be in the movie it has no sense for it to be in the soundtrack.

It's speculated though that Is That Alright ( the live version from the credits) was performed after their wedding because it comes after the 'vows' dialogue.  I just think the scene was ultimately unnecessary for the movie so they cut the live bit and released the studio version

PlastiscGuy
Just now, Adarsh Soni said:

Jackson wouldn't have changed his decision because um, that is the story? Its the same in all the previous versions :poot:

What about A Star Is Born: The Sequel :poot:

PG.

1 minute ago, PlastiscGuy said:

What about A Star Is Born: The Sequel :poot:

Inb4 there's a fantasy/sci fi sequel and Jackson gets resurrected :poot:

Defmix100
14 minutes ago, PlastiscGuy said:

INB4 Rez knew Ally's intentions and made her sell 'The Cure' to that Lady Googa girl so he would still make her and Jack split up :poot:

I was actually just thinking since in the films universe Halsey, the Grammys, Alec Baldwin, SNL all exist, does Lady Gaga exist too? I always think that about films and shows that set themselves in reality like in The Office they talk about a Will Ferrell film, then later on in the season Will Ferrell is in it but no one says "hey you look exactly like Will Ferrell (or Chad Smith)"

FullPsychotic
2 minutes ago, whipopotamus said:

It's speculated though that Is That Alright ( the live version from the credits) was performed after their wedding because it comes after the 'vows' dialogue.  I just think the scene was ultimately unnecessary for the movie so they cut the live bit and released the studio version

Yes i was expecting ITA to be played in the wedding part but i mean, a film can't last for 3 hours i understand.

I was just saying that if ITA (a great song) couldn't make it to the final cut maybe The Cure was not even taken in consideration even if written for the movie.

Just my personal opinion by the way.

I personally believe that The Cure was written for the movie originally. It is very similar in sound to the other pop songs, including her voice. Also, the lyrics fit in well. 

Janosch Hendrik

I think the lyrics of "The Cure" don't make any sense besides for the ASIB-plot. I always wondered about the lyrics until i saw the movie

AlexanderMagno

I think The Cure makes sense in the movie. In fact, it sounds so obvious it's something Ally would write for Jack when's he's suffering from his alcoholism.

But I think only the lyrics were from ASIB.

It was probably scrapped and I bet Gaga picked it up and made the instrumental with DJWS. Otherwise, it would have been a ballad or something less tropical pop.

Archived