Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Shallow foreshadowing?

bryan

Featured Posts

I've only just watched ASIB because it is just released today in my flop country. Watched the first screening anyway heh. Really brilliant movie, really didn't expect to hit me this hard despite knowing that it will.

A Sis Is Bawling.

Also, I'm not too sure if this has been discussed before, else just move this thread to where it belongs.

That aside, let the spoiler begin.

Spoiler

So, to the lyrics of Shallow:

I'm off the deep end, watch as I dive in
I'll never meet the ground

Is this major foreshadowing in the song?? Because I was so mindblown after watching the movie and then when I was jamming myself in the shower to this song I realised this..

Spoiler

And to dig even deeper, the first two versions of ASIB, Norman died from drowning in the ocean. So that might be a nod towards these two versions from the first two lines of the chorus of Shallow? Or am I just reaching for the stars?

This has to be intended right?

I noticed this:

Spoiler

In the opening scene when Jackson arrives to the gay bar, there’s a gay pride flag outside with nooses on it, not related to Shallow but it’s pretty major foreshadowing :selena:

08, 09, 11, 13, 16, 20

Frivolero

you can also say when the committed suicide,

"crash through the surface,

where they can't find us,

we're far from the shallow now"

the world above knows about the passing of a person, but they "can't find us" , "we are far from the shallow now" that means they are far from the shallow world they live in 

thus the gaga saying: "we live in a pretty shallow time" 

I also think "we are far" and "can't find us" should insinuate either gaga is also dead inside, or dying with Bradley (sequel) ??

Well, I haven't thought about that but it could be :omg:

Also, 

Spoiler

I believe in the first two versions, they couldn't depict the suicide in any other way. It was very common in literature to show a suicide by drowning in the ocean. It gives this idea of freeing yourself from society and give in into the unknown. Of course this was done in a poetic way. Nowdays, everthing is more real so they go for different ways to portrait this.

Kindness rules all.

12 minutes ago, iCpro said:

I noticed this:

Hide contents

In the opening scene when Jackson arrives to the gay bar, there’s a gay pride flag outside with nooses on it, not related to Shallow but it’s pretty major foreshadowing :selena:

yeah I noticed that too! Felt the nooses were too obvious of a hint :laughga:

11 minutes ago, Frivolero said:

you can also say when the committed suicide,

"crash through the surface,

where they can't find us,

we're far from the shallow now"

the world above knows about the passing of a person, but they "can't find us" , "we are far from the shallow now" that means they are far from the shallow world they live in 

thus the gaga saying: "we live in a pretty shallow time" 

I also think "we are far" and "can't find us" should insinuate either gaga is also dead inside, or dying with Bradley (sequel) ??

think it's "where they can't hurt us" but anyway, yeah that makes sense too because "crash through the surface" is quite self-explanatory, "where they can't hurt us" when you're dead, what can?, "we're far from the shallow now" drowning into deep waters?? 

13 minutes ago, Poker said:

Well, I haven't thought about that but it could be :omg:

Also, 

Hide contents

I believe in the first two versions, they couldn't depict the suicide in any other way. It was very common in literature to show a suicide by drowning in the ocean. It gives this idea of freeing yourself from society and give in into the unknown. Of course this was done in a poetic way. Nowdays, everthing is more real so they go for different ways to portrait this.

yeah that has to be. I've noticed older movies portray suicides in more subtle ways than a direct depiction of an actual suicide so that's entirely possible!

Schizophonic

its foreshadowing on purpose bradley said in interviews. even in the grammy scene, you knew there was somethin awkward to happen and its more about the several different layers than the act itself in that case.

Quartz

Omg chills man. Imagine being Ally and realizing your first duet with your husband was written for his SPOILER demise 

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

• Admin changed the title to Shallow foreshadowing?
Spoiler

Also the song Diggin' My Grave :whitney: he dug it at the end.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

"Maybe it's time to let the old ways die"

The ENTIRE movie makes SO much more sense the 2nd time around

I know it's a musical, per se, but it was a bit hard to follow the first time. Watching the movie a 2nd time after getting to fully enjoy/absorbe the soundtrack really changed the entire feel and vibe of the movie

Serial Chiller

I don’t know how to put spoiler tag on mobile.

So... ****SPOILER ALERT****

Shallow rhymes with Gallow. :wtfga:

homomo
4 minutes ago, Serial Chiller said:

I don’t know how to put spoiler tag on mobile.

So... ****SPOILER ALERT****

Shallow rhymes with Gallow. :wtfga:

Literally what I thought before the movie was even out :messga:

FullPsychotic

I don't know if the lyrics of the chorus have to be related, in the movie Ally says she wrote the lyrics in the past days so before knowing him except the part "tell me something boy" which she created in the parking...so unless Ally is a seer... I don't know

Vitleysingur

This thread is creepy

OMG:cryga:

Is ASIB supposed to be a thriller?

Dreams of you and me are in the dirt.

Archived