💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

ASIB ending impressions (SPOILER)

FullPsychotic

Featured Posts

FullPsychotic

Hi I'm new here!!!..just saw the movie and wanted to know your opinions on the ending. Don't read if you haven't seen the movie yet!

In her conversation with Bobby, Ally says the last time she saw Jackson she lied to him. All she said is her european tour was cancelled cause the label wanted her to finish a new album as soon as possible, but everything was fine. We also know she wanted Jackson to sing with her for the last show of the tour, while her management was totally against him.

So...which is the meaning of the lie? Ally cancelled the tour to stay closer to Jackson and starting singing with him as the old days? Or was her label the one to cancel the tour because of her decision? I know the movie doesn't say anything about it, but your impressions? Put simply: Is Ally putting him first and breaking up with her label, taking control of her life and career, being the true artist Jackson saw in her? Or she is still in struggle, fragile, worried about her manager and so the lie is that things weren't going fine for her too due to him?

I think that maybe the director left that unsolved for a reason, but in my opinion the way we perceive this is part of the ending and of Ally' s character as well.

What do you think? Sorry for the lenght and for my english!

teawhore

i didnt believe he was gonna do it until he actually did it and my brain kinda just went FGHSKJALDHGFDHGJTREDFGHJSAOIUDE&*TFYGHACSJBKIE*RYUGFJAHBSCNKLIER*(YUGABCNSKLJIUEyrGVFHJDBAJSe68743726yeqwuduigkhbjwjkl;'lkjkpsiewugyfdajsier24=tihwepjdao[isqritwegbdhvapjofeqhougfertegfsdjfbhrvgsdafh OH he dead

♡ nyc ♡

Jenina

She cancelled the European leg because the manager said she couldn't have Jackson perform with her for that leg of the tour I believe. So when she said the label just wanted her to stay and finish the album it was lying. 

Welcome to GGD by the way :nick: 

cool

andy232000

she lied about the reason she cancelled the tour. I think they could´ve make a better story telling in this part of the film. In the past remakes Ally´s character quits music to take care of her husband and thats what upsets him. I guess in this movie its implicit that she cant leave Jackson alone because he´s a drunk, so she decides to push her career aside to take care of him, and when he realizes that he is a liability he decides to do what he does. But essentially, the lie is that she told him she just cancelled the tour rather than tell him she cant leave him alone because of his problem.  

FullPsychotic
1 minute ago, Jenina said:

She cancelled the European leg because the manager said she couldn't have Jackson perform with her for that leg of the tour I believe. So when she said the label just wanted her to stay and finish the album it was lying. 

Welcome to GGD by the way :nick: 

Thanks for tour reply ;) now I see the lie clearer, maybe I was so dumb cause I saw the movie in english and my brain couldn't process it :duck:

And I am so psychotic I want to know the reasons behind this lie ahah

3 minutes ago, andy232000 said:

she lied about the reason she cancelled the tour. I think they could´ve make a better story telling in this part of the film. In the past remakes Ally´s character quits music to take care of her husband and thats what upsets him. I guess in this movie its implicit that she cant leave Jackson alone because he´s a drunk, so she decides to push her career aside to take care of him, and when he realizes that he is a liability he decides to do what he does. But essentially, the lie is that she told him she just cancelled the tour rather than tell him she cant leave him alone because of his problem.  

I haven't seen the original movies or previous remakes, Thanks

FullPsychotic

All I was trying to say is: yes I got the point when she was lying, I saw she was even unable to look at him in that very moment and that he could understand she was lying (he cries and is very hurt, but she doesn't notice). 

The thing I was unable to point out before due to my bad english is...what's behind that lie that she later regrets so much, when speaking to Bobby?

I mean, it felt like in the very last dialogue with Jackson they weren' t able to get in touch anymore. 

Did fame change her? She looked very hurried up in that last scene, was he feeling he was a burden in her life, for her future, her career? Maybe it was really like that and by regretting that lie she is also confessing she didn't paid enough attention to him, she feels guilty.

On the other end it's possible she is really choosing him with all her heart for her future but it's a situation too big for her and so she is like restrained in showing how much she cares...so he prefers to free her even if he can feel her love.

Or maybe it's a mix of the two scenarios.

The fact that it's not fully explained plain and simple, adds drama to the ending, and Lady Gaga performance is deep enough to make me speculate about it.

I really appreciated the movie, even the fact I wasn't fully able to figure out it means there are layers in it.

Now i wrote way tooooo much, I better stop! :bye:

TheSlash
8 minutes ago, FullPsychotic said:

Did fame change her? She looked very hurried up in that last scene, was he feeling he was a burden in her life, for her future, her career? Maybe it was really like that and by regretting that lie she is also confessing she did'nt paid enough attention to him, she feels guilty.

I mean, Jackson decreased Ally's reputation by his "performance" when she gets her Grammy. So Raz - her handsome ( :hor: ) yet terrible manager - told Jackson that she legitimately lied to his face bc it was a hard job both for Ally and Raz to regain her reputation and make things "running" and that it was his fault, but she'd never say it to his face. That's the point where Jackson realizes he hinders Ally on becoming the musician she ever wanted to become, and so he ends his life so Ally could really be born as a star.

It's that she regrets lying to him about the reason why the tour was canceled.

Ew, David!

FullPsychotic
4 hours ago, TheSlash said:

I mean, Jackson decreased Ally's reputation by his "performance" when she gets her Grammy. So Raz - her handsome ( :hor: ) yet terrible manager - told Jackson that she legitimately lied to his face bc it was a hard job both for Ally and Raz to regain her reputation and make things "running" and that it was his fault, but she'd never say it to his face. That's the point where Jackson realizes he hinders Ally on becoming the musician she ever wanted to become, and so he ends his life so Ally could really be born as a star.

It's that she regrets lying to him about the reason why the tour was canceled.

Honestly, I wouldn't want to lose a Bradley Cooper for a little :icega: piss onstage!!

Jokes apart, I hated Raz and by the end of the movie when she sings INLA I would say she fired him (her look, clothes, hair, the location itself, etc have changed again).

I never thought of this :icega:

Poor non-native English speakers:messga:

ι'м ρυℓℓιηg үσυя sтяιηgs

FullPsychotic
9 minutes ago, T3rrorBlade said:
9 minutes ago, T3rrorBlade said:

I never thought of this :icega:

Poor non-native English speakers:messga:

Sorry... :S

Archived