Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

What I find Ironic...

wahkeenasitka

Featured Posts

wahkeenasitka

I have been following GGD website since 2010, and have been witnessing Little Monsters complaining about the lack of "pop bops" for so many years. 

Especially since the release of C2C & Joanne, all I ever see on this website is people angry and complaining that The Fame and The Fame Monster albums aren't being replicated, ad nauseam. 

And then when ASIB is released, it seems that the vast majority of opinions on this website are that the "pop songs" are too basic / boring / trivial / superficial... 

I'm sitting here confused and laughing my ass off. 

Everybody on this site is living for all the sad / melodramatic / overly emotional ballads. That's cool. I get it. They're some of Gaga's best songs that she's ever released. 

But WTF, seriously. I don't understand why everyone on this site is complaining and demanding MORE POP MUSIC and then trashing it when it gets released. I just find it very ironic and I don't understand....

That is all. 

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't try to find logic here honey:laughga:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

They're putting Gaga in the box of her previous hits.

And the standard gets higher and higher AF:smh:

ι'м ρυℓℓιηg үσυя sтяιηgs

well anyhow you were right, look what i found

is a bop. loool

i think most people dont know what they want. There are some people that want that infectious song that feels fresh and it's dancy, it's energetic. They dont really know how to explain though, and it's a big mess.

These soundtrack was great, she has constantly putting music for us to look forward to. Like it's never boring, there's only a few artists that do that.

FlopSlurper

Nothing ironic really. Let's not act like the pop songs from this album are as good as her previous complex pop songs, or what everyone has been waiting for. They are cute, but they do sound generic and like something the chainsmokers would put out, and that's what people have been saying. Also it's not just people from this site, I've seen reaction videos where they also liked the ballads over the pop songs, it's even reflected in the charts.

SHALLOW

I agree with you but i want to remind you that Bad Romance and Shape of you are both pop songs, yet one is superior.We want pop bops like BR not basic ass songs like Shape of you

Reality

The same people who are complaining about not getting enough bops are the same people that have the pop songs from ASIB as their favorites.

You're mixing two different types of people.

🖤👹

TropicOfCANCER
13 minutes ago, FlopSlurper said:

Nothing ironic really. Let's not act like the pop songs from this album are as good as her previous complex pop songs, or what everyone has been waiting for. They are cute, but they do sound generic and like something the chainsmokers would put out, and that's what people have been saying. Also it's not just people from this site, I've seen reaction videos where they also liked the ballads over the pop songs, it's even reflected in the charts.

Literally none of the pop songs on ASIB sound like chainsmoker songs 

14 minutes ago, symphonia said:

Pop music is beneath her now! She cannot make trashy gay bops anymore.

You don't seriously believe that the dance music Gaga made over the course of her entire career is "trashy" do you? :interestinga:

The people pretending as if the pop ballads on the soundtrack are somehow inherently more highbrow or intelligent are doing the exact same thing that the people who want her to make "bops" do, in that they've misunderstood her work and want her to eject her own personal artistic perspective in favor of whatever they want from her. It's sad. :messga:

Gaga makes incredible pop music. She'll continue to do that going forward. You don't have to deride her prior (intelligent, game-changing, acclaimed) work in order to praise the ASIB soundtrack. It's not that difficult. :saladga:

FlopSlurper
3 minutes ago, TropicOfCANCER said:

Literally none of the pop songs on ASIB sound like chainsmoker songs 

tenor.gif?itemid=12206278

I do like the songs, but I also get why people like the ballads more than the pop songs

Because her own pop music was never boring or ordinary, but that's okay since she even said herself that those were supposed to be Ally's songs and not something she would release herself (she did release The Cure but :green:)

Oh and Heal Me is a very good song. The other two are catchy but I don't see myself playing them in the future.

Do you hear that? It's poison.

Judas Oyster

I think these people won't be happy until a "BOP song" is top 10 on the Billboard. Because these ballads can't be compared to songs from other pop stars.

FentyGa

The pop bops are amazing, in my opinion. People just need to decide what they want, and not bitch when they don't like something. Don't listen. Move on.
Also, we're stanning the woman who's first single had the words "Just dance, gonna be okay, da da doo doo" so you shouldn't expect every single song to be Bloody Mary level amazing lyrically.

Archived