Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Vegas Residency "Killed" Her Career

FATCAT

Featured Posts

FATCAT

over.jpg

Throwback to when ALL the haters said that her signing for a Vegas residency would end her career, and yet, she's got a chart topping sound track & a Top 5 single projected to rise!

I think they all owe themselves a big ole shmack on the nose for being wriggity wriggity WRONG.

:vegas: Here's to the A Star Is Born, Gaga, and the rest of this joyful ride we call Warner Brothers Promotion.

Purr more, hiss less.

LateToCult

Well, we still don’t know how well her solo material will do without a movie to boost it. Also her touring power is gonna remain untested for several years so let’s not start this debate again before Karma comes for us.  :interestinga:

A movie alone won’t just fix Gaga’s career. Y’all are acting like her fans alone have been buying the soundtrack and watching the movie. Bradley also has fans. I’m not sure what the movie soundtrack has to do with her vegas residency tbh. I wish only the best for Gags but until she releases another solo pop album that does really well then I’d say it’s a bit early to be bragging.

And I think the only concern about the vegas residency is that it’s so early in her career. She’s only had 5 solo records out, one of which wasn’t very popular. Residencies are usually done by older folk who are at a point in their career where they can just take it easy.

NewRules
4 minutes ago, LateToCult said:

Well, we still don’t know how well her solo material will do without a movie to boost it. Also her touring power is gonna remain untested for several years so let’s not start this debate again before Karma comes for us.  :interestinga:

Yeah I keep seeing twitter monsters say "wow she did that with no promo! Others can't relate".. but a successful movie is literally the best promo you can get. I'm not denying her talent because if the songs were bad or acting was weak then ASIB wouldn't be doing as well but we can't get too cocky

jaXXXon
4 minutes ago, LateToCult said:

But the whole POINT of re-surfacing as a force or having a comeback is from something, be it a performance, a song or a movie. Gaga's is a movie and a song. She's back in the eyes of the GP as an interesting artist, she's popular and all over the media. She'd have to really fvck things up for them to suddenly not give a fvck about her when this era ends. That's impossible 

LateToCult
3 minutes ago, jaXXXon said:

But the whole POINT of re-surfacing as a force or having a comeback is from something, be it a performance, a song or a movie. Gaga's is a movie and a song. She's back in the eyes of the GP as an interesting artist, she's popular and all over the media. She'd have to really fvck things up for them to suddenly not give a fvck about her when this era ends. That's impossible 

I think the point people were making was that Gaga is gonna sort of disappear to Las Vegas as far as we know because no album is officially confirmed and touring is out of the question. It’s still too early to see what the residency does for her. Like, a year too early.

jaXXXon
13 minutes ago, darkpaw said:

A movie alone won’t just fix Gaga’s career. Y’all are acting like her fans alone have been buying the soundtrack and watching the movie. Bradley also has fans. I’m not sure what the movie soundtrack has to do with her vegas residency tbh. I wish only the best for Gags but until she releases another solo pop album that does really well then I’d say it’s a bit early to be bragging.

Um ok but promo doesn't always guarantee a hit like Shallow. Katy Perry did A LOT of promo for her recent singles and people still weren't interested. Let's not act as if Kelly Clarkson would've gotten a huge hit just because she's in a successful movie. There are tons of acts that have tried and failed.

Huge promo only helps when there's still enough demand for an artist. There's always been demand for Gaga, at least some sort of demand. She was never truly flopping like Ashanti or Mya or Kelly Clarkson or Xtina. Even at her lowest, she was still able to sell a good amount of albums and tour in arenas. She wasn't ever THAT irrelevant so to claim "we have to wait for a solo pop album" is nonsense since the GP doesn't obsess over small details like that. For them it doesn't matter if it's from a solo album or a soundtrack - a Gaga song is a Gaga song. If the demand is high now, it'll still be high when solo material is released (whatever that means considering ARWTW is solo material).

49 minutes ago, darkpaw said:

I'm certain the OP is using it here to simply point out the fact that her music career is in fact, NOT over because of her decision to sign for a Vegas Residency. It is very apparent in the success of the film and ST so far. Many people are interested in her again. Including Bradley's fans that you mentioned. 

The bragging should subside, but I do not believe for a moment that she needs a solo pop album to smash in order for monsters to feel entitled to brag. She just scored a top 5 hit off a film soundtrack, with a duet that is the antithesis to what popular music represents right now. The fact it's #10 in the US on Spotify with >1M streams, I can't! 

Usually I believe musical acts go to Vegas to retire from music. However Gaga didn’t give me that impression. I think she’s going to shake up the stigma of doing a residency, keep her body fit from fibro, and complete other projects like getting married within a two year span.

HorusRa2

I think in this case Gaga is the exception to the rule. 

Vegas allows her her to continue doing what she loves while she finds a way to balance her health & performing. It also keeps her relevant while she’s doing that. Something important as a Pop act. ASIB is the same tbh. The movie is doing all the promoting for her. She’s not having to go across the country doing interviews and performances, but her product (music) is still being promoted for consumption.

Both ASIB & Vegas will likely provide new life & also help sustain her career until she’s ready to promote a new album the traditional way. 

adamsenigma
1 hour ago, jaXXXon said:

Um ok but promo doesn't always guarantee a hit like Shallow. Katy Perry did A LOT of promo for her recent singles and people still weren't interested. Let's not act as if Kelly Clarkson would've gotten a huge hit just because she's in a successful movie. There are tons of acts that have tried and failed.

Huge promo only helps when there's still enough demand for an artist. There's always been demand for Gaga, at least some sort of demand. She was never truly flopping like Ashanti or Mya or Kelly Clarkson or Xtina. Even at her lowest, she was still able to sell a good amount of albums and tour in arenas. She wasn't ever THAT irrelevant so to claim "we have to wait for a solo pop album" is nonsense since the GP doesn't obsess over small details like that. For them it doesn't matter if it's from a solo album or a soundtrack - a Gaga song is a Gaga song. If the demand is high now, it'll still be high when solo material is released (whatever that means considering ARWTW is solo material).

I kinda disagree in this part, people are loving this more rock, stripped back Gaga sound, people now are more used to this Gaga rather than the pop one, and (apparently) LG6 is gonna be a full pop album, maybe her most experimental, industrial and weird album to date, considering the producers.. I'm afraid LG6 won't be really well received by the GP, since it's so different from what she has been releasing and doing for the past 5 years

Chickens in Malibu

Vegas hasn't even started yet.

ASIB and all its success is purely unrelated to Vegas. But this is Gaga's decision. If she doesn't have the health to tour. It's her call.

Archived