💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Jackson Saved the Ending (Spoiler)

TheAlpha

Featured Posts

TheAlpha

I think I might be the only person here who think the ending of the movie was saved by Jackson’s appearance. In my humble opinion, Ally was just not soulful enough with I’ll Never Love Again. I didn’t feel anything when she was singing. It was Jack who made me cried on this last scene.

picture&pid=146848

And the fact that the song sounds too much like I Will Always Love You, it didn’t feel authentic for me. For me, this was Ally’s weakest scene. There were performances that were better. La Vie En Rose at the bar is BEAUTIFUL. Walking through the alley singing Over The Rainbow was MAGICAL.

You know this is just my opinion, right?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hausofcy

Well, Sonja died that day. You can clearly see and feel her pain through the screen.  I started crying before Jackson appeared and kinda feel bad the audience doesn’t get to hear the extended version

but everyone can have their opinion :shrug:

🇯🇵

Weasel

Really tho, that 40 second mumbling of over the rainbow in an alley where you could barely see her (I know it was created for the effect), is better than the last scene? :what:

FinnishGypsy

I actually agree but not because Gaga’s performance wasn’t strong enough, but the song itself isn’t. ITA, however, is dripping with emotion and the second that started playing with the credits I started crying. It’s probably the only thing I’d change about the movie—I don’t think INLA is that song. ITA, ARUTW, and Shallow all are though.

TheAlpha
1 minute ago, Weasel said:

Really tho, that 40 second mumbling of over the rainbow in an alley where you could barely see her (I know it was created for the effect), is better than the last scene? :what:

Yes. It was magical. I felt like this was the beginning of one of those classic Disney fairytale films.

Glamourpuss

Are you kidding me? I'll agree the end scene with Bradley was a great ending but I certainly cannot agree with the rest of what you've said. That song really moved me and is so powerful. Especially when you think of the fact she performed it on the day of Sonya's death. It was very much soulful and from the heart. You're entitled to your opinion but I strongly disagree. 

lavenderblondee

I agree with the singing alone not making me cry, cause it does takes a lot for me to cry, so a shot of someone singing wouldn't make me cry. I mean, granted, in that shot Jackson was just singing too but it was obviously DIFFERENT. That isn't to say Gaga's performance wasn't absolutely beautiful, emotional, and touching, it just didn't hit the nerve in me. My eyes were dry but the second Jackson came up I was a wreck and started crying. That part really made the entire scene, imo. I agree with what majority said was that THAT moment pushed you. The one "spoiler" I heard from people before seeing it was that you think you're fine during the scene and you're sort of thinking "Okay, I can handle this" and then *THAT* scene comes on and it's like, welp, okay nevermind there is a waterfall on my face.

TheAlpha
2 minutes ago, FinnishGypsy said:

I actually agree but not because Gaga’s performance wasn’t strong enough, but the song itself isn’t. ITA, however, is dripping with emotion and the second that started playing with the credits I started crying. It’s probably the only thing I’d change about the movie—I don’t think INLA is that song. ITA, ARUTW, and Shallow all are though.

Yea, I think it’s probably just the song that didn’t do it for me.

youcantcatchme

You are definitely the minority then, the ending song was the absolute climax of the story, by the time the first note was sang  everybody was already in tears, the transition to Bradley opened the floodgate even more.

On the contrary I felt gaga's weakest performance was right in the beginning, all the scenes prior to her bar performance.

I'm sure its because of poor writing (who the hell screams in a toilet cubicle like that)

Rudz Xinc

I got teary eyes when listening to the soundtrack.

but I didn't even feel anything when I watched the movie, probably because her facial expression not emotional enough for me.

Look at those clowns

homomo

If filming that scene on the date of her best friends death isn't soulful to you... then

tenor.gif?itemid=4859872

Panchecco

I wouldn't say he "saved" the ending but yeah... I agree that considering all the talks about that final performance I definitely expected it to be more emotional and sad...

it's probably because the climax of the performance is the part that got cut to show Jackson's performance

Well blame Jack, he wrote the song :derpga: 

The final shot is breathtaking, but the scene itself could have been better. 

Ive never really been a fan of INLA for exactly the reason that it sounds too much like a Whitney/Celine knock off. 

Idk, I’m gonna see it again this weekend. I hope it’s true that your second time watching it you enjoy it a lot more. 

Why does no one talk about the last time Ally sings Shallow though? Whew those vocals :worship2:

androiduser

to me, personally, Jackson's scenes and his whole character were much more emotionally deep than Ally's character

Sneaky Oliver

I mean she was not ugly-crying or making ugly/emotional singing-faces but it's the moment when she realizes what she was doing and she could feel like herself again through the pain of losing him. She felt strong, proud and powerful so that's the moment when star was truly born

I’m on my Legacy Act era

Archived