Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is ASIB really that good? (NO SPOILERS)

Taide

Featured Posts

Movie premiering here on Friday and I'm going to see it with my sister then. I'm all hyped and stuff but she.. not so much. She kept asking me different questions I didn't have answer for (for example: are there any similar movies besides the 3 other remakes) and she is only coming because I'm making her.

So my question is: Is A Star Is Born (2018) really that good? And are there any similar movies?

Thank you for your answers and could you keep the answer spoiler free? (even if it's hard)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PlastiscGuy

It's a good movie, definitely not the best of the world, but it's good. Gaga's acting is nice, could be better but practice and time will make it. 

You both will like it, it's an enjoyable movie though!

PG.

3 minutes ago, Taide said:

So my question is: Is A Star Is Born (2018) really that good?

2 minutes ago, Wood said:

Yes.

/thread.

I just saw it last Saturday. My honest opinion is that overall it's good. Some scenes are really good, others are a bit boring for my liking lol. The music is the best part. I love that it has such a wide variety. I don't know if you've listened to the soundtrack yet, but the songs really come to life when you see how they fit in with the story line! I loved the songs before but now I love them even more!

rumours

I’m gonna try to finally see it this weekend. I haven’t had a chance to see it, so I hope it lives up to the hype I’ve seen on GGD. 

A Hybrid
4 minutes ago, KING said:

Yes its very successful for a remake film. Also the gross keeps getting higher and higher. :classy:

How can it get lower :koons:

No family’s safe when I sashay

NewUsername

It's really good. Is it the best movie I've ever seen? Probably not. Does it have to be? Absolutely not.

It's really amazing, believe the hype :)

Yes....

THE END

I've got an "F" and a "C" and I got a "K" too And the only thing that is missing is a bitch like "U"

SHALLOW

I watched it two days ago in italian language and i really liked it but i think i'd have to rewatch it in original language to appreciate it even more. Anyway, i gave it an 8.5 cause many scenes that i expected to see weren't in the movie 

SHALLOW
22 minutes ago, PlastiscGuy said:

It's a good movie, definitely not the best of the world, but it's good. Gaga's acting is nice, could be better but practice and time will make it. 

You both will like it, it's an enjoyable movie though!

I think Gaga's acting was by far the best thing about the movie, along with the music ofc. If she wasn't in the movie, i would've totally found it boring

Swallow

It's quite good, but I must say, little monsters are overhyping it. Wish I didn't read all the praise before watching it, I had too high expectations.

Es solo una paja entre colegas

hausofcy
6 minutes ago, Swallow said:

It's quite good, but I must say, little monsters are overhyping it. Wish I didn't read all the praise before watching it, I had too high expectations.

it was actually the critics and media that overhyped it and everyone jumped on the bandwagon. For me it did live up to the hype tho. 

OT: yes it is really that good. Some scenes are kinda dragged and others feel more rushed (mostly the second part of the movie). Other than that the acting is on point and the music is even better in the theater. There are moments where you laugh, are shocked, full of goosebumps, teary eyed etc. Your sister will definitely enjoy it so don't worry. Just grab some popcorn and enjoy the ride. You'll be so proud of gaga 

🇯🇵

Yes, it is a really good movie. I went to see the movie with two of my friends. One of them really wanted to see the movie and the other really wasn't interested but tagged along anyway. At the end of the movie when we left the theater, my friend (the one who wasn't interested) said that it was a really good movie and would go to see it again! She also downloaded the whole album and has been listening to the songs ever since :bon:

Archived