Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

Lady Gaga's emotional acceptance speech @ ELLE' Women In Hollywood event

asana15

Featured Posts

asana15
UPDATE!!
Gaga's speech in now available on ELLE USA YouTube channel in HD
EVERYONE! Please go to ElleUsa Instagram page and open IGTV. There's 20+ minutes video of her speech. !!!!!!!

It only took one film. Lady Gaga’s turn as Ally in A Star Is Born has made her a bonafide movie star. 

Gaga delivered her Women in Hollywood acceptance speech from an extremely vulnerable and honest place. She opened up about her sexual assault, mental illness, and a plea for women to lift up each other’s voices and “beckon the world towards kindness.” “I wanted to take the power back,” she said.

...I tried on dress after dress today getting ready for this event, one tight corset after another, one heel after another, a diamond, a feather, thousands of beaded fabrics and the most beautiful silks in the world. To be honest, I felt sick to my stomach. And I asked myself: What does it really mean to be a woman in Hollywood? We are not just objects to entertain the world. We are not simply images to bring smiles or grimaces to people’s faces. We are not members of a giant beauty pageant meant to be pit against one another for the pleasure of the public. We women in Hollywood, we are voices. We have deep thoughts and ideas and beliefs and values about the world and we have the power to speak and be heard and fight back when we are silenced.

...So, after trying 10 or so dresses, with a sad feeling in my heart, that all that would matter was what I wore to this red carpet, I saw an oversized Marc Jacobs suit buried quietly in the corner....

...This was an oversized men’s suit made for a woman. Not a gown. And then I began to cry. In this suit, I felt like me today. In this suit, I felt the truth of who I am well up in my gut. And then wondering what I wanted to say tonight become very clear to me....

To keep reading follow the link below. It's moving, vulnerable and powerful at the same time...

https://www.elle.com/culture/celebrities/amp23813974/lady-gaga-opens-up-about-sexual-assault-and-mental-health-elle-women-in-hollywood-acceptance-speech/?__twitter_impression=true

lady-gaga-speaks-onstage-during-elles-25

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Galagala

I love her:wub: but.......

Can I expect any funny/relaxing/unpretentious/delightful interview or speech from her instead of always talking about something serious/positive/emotional?:gum::gum: I can't really watch her recent interviews from the begining to the end so far.

thatfoxyfeeling

It's an emotional speech but "And I really wish my friend Lena Dunham was here tonight because I think she could probably articulate this much better than me. And I hope we can all agree that she’s a remarkable woman." nnnn :wtfga:

zakariah
2 minutes ago, THATFoxyFeeling said:

"And I really wish my friend Lena Dunham was here tonight because I think she could probably articulate this much better than me. And I hope we can all agree that she’s a remarkable woman." nnnn :wtfga:

gonna pretend she never said that :vegas:

Bradley
10 minutes ago, Galagala said:

I love her:wub: but.......

Can I expect any funny/relaxing/unpretentious/delightful interview or speech from her instead of always talking about something serious/positive/emotional?:gum::gum: I can't really watch her recent interviews from the begining to the end so far.

How is talking about mental health and sexual assault pretentious?

And that's sort of the whole point of talking about issues like this, in my experience many people are afraid to tackle issues like this in day-to-day conversations, they think it intensifies the atmosphere and sets everyone off in a sombre mood when everyone avoids that. Gaga is actively trying to break up that stigma and normalise it so that people actually pay attention to it.

Not sure if opening up about sexual assault a mere two weeks after discussing how we should believe the woman's version of events on the grounds of psychology on Colbert, and then calling Dunham a remarkable woman in the same sentence is wise but, you do you sis x

Signature loading… 👹🖤

asana15
10 minutes ago, Jay.P said:

No video?

Please go to ElleUsa Instagram page and open IGTV. There's 9+ minutes of her speech. It's unforgettable! 

FarixGaga

"It is my personal dream that there would be a mental health expert teacher or therapist in every school in this nation and hopefully one day around the world. Let’s lift our voices. I know we are, but let’s get louder. And not just as women. But as humans. And see that there are great men in the world. And ask them to hold our hands. For justice. That our voices be heard. Whatever our story may be. For an equal standing. We will fight for justice for women and men and those with other sexual identities. For me, this is what it means to be a woman in Hollywood. It means, I have a platform. I have a chance to make a change. I pray we listen and believe and pay closer attention to those around us to those in need....Be a helping hand. Be a force for change."

This woman is something else :giveup:

JC

RadioIsOurs
49 minutes ago, THATFoxyFeeling said:

It's an emotional speech but "And I really wish my friend Lena Dunham was here tonight because I think she could probably articulate this much better than me. And I hope we can all agree that she’s a remarkable woman." nnnn :wtfga:

Earthling
57 minutes ago, asana15 said:

Please go to ElleUsa Instagram page and open IGTV. There's 9+ minutes of her speech. It's unforgettable! 

Does the sound work for you? :messga: I can't figure out how to unmute it!!

*she switched baristas. ☕️

Archived