💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Hot 100 - Flo Rida #1, Katy #4, Taylor #72

craig

Featured Posts

http://www.billboard...007835752.story

Shocker! Katy remains stuck at #4 despite 69 cent discount, and Taylor won't debut #1 because she has so much airplay already.

Flo Rida's "Whistle" takes over atop the Billboard Hot 100, pushing Carly Rae Jepsen's "Call Me Maybe" off the summit after nine weeks. Ellie Goulding's "Lights," meanwhile, crowns the Radio Songs chart, fun. becomes the first rock band in more than five years to send its first two Hot 100 hits into the top 10 and Mumford & Sons and Taylor Swift each debut with lead singles from new albums.

"Whistle" sounds at No. 1 on the Hot 100 (rising from No. 3), fueled by a 2-1 rebound for a third week atop Digital Songs (217,000 downloads sold, down 2%, according to Nielsen SoundScan). The track remains bulleted at No. 12 on Radio Songs (66 million audience impressions, up 11%, according to Nielsen BDS) and No. 3 on On-Demand Songs (749,000 on-demand streams, up 9%, according to BDS).

"Whistle" marks Flo Rida's third Hot 100 No. 1, following 2008's 10-week introductory topper "Low" (featuring T-Pain) and 2009's six-week leader "Right Round" (which introduced an uncredited Ke$ha). With his latest Hot 100 coronation, the Sunshine State native (born Tramar Dillard) is the 12th solo rapper to rack at least three No. 1s, following Diddy, Ludacris (five each), 50 Cent, Eminem, Jay-Z, Nelly, Kanye West (four each), Ja Rule, Snoop Dogg ( now turned reggae act Snoop Lion), T.I. and T-Pain (three each).

With Flo Rida serving as the lead act on all three of his Hot 100 No. 1s, only 50 Cent, Diddy, Eminem and Nelly have reigned more times as leads (four each). (No rapper other than Flo Rida has led with three titles as a lead act).

Jepsen's "Maybe" ends the year's longest Hot 100 reign after nine weeks, slipping 1-3. The song holds at No. 2 on On-Demand Songs (783,000, down 5%), No. 3 on Digital Songs (156,000, down 6%) and No. 5 on Radio Songs (87 million, down 12%). Her follow-up single "Good Time" (with Owl City), meanwhile, rebounds from No. 14 to its No. 13 Hot 100 peak to-date. Both cuts are scheduled to appear on the Canadian pop singer's debut U.S. album "Kiss," due Sept. 18.

In between "Whistle" and "Maybe," Goulding's "Lights" holds at No. 2. The cut ascends 4-1 on Radio Songs (121 million, up 6%), making the British electro-pop singer/songwriter the first solo female to send a debut Radio Songs entry to No. 1 since Adele led the list on her first three tries beginning last year with "Rolling in the Deep," "Someone Like You" and "Set Fire to the Rain." "Lights" spends a third week at No. 1 on On-Demand Songs (829,000, down 6%) and slips 8-11 on Digital Songs (111,000, down 8%). As previously reported, the song also rises to No. 1 on the Pop Songs radio airplay chart.

Ellie Goulding on 'Lights' Explosion, Skrillex & Her New Album

Katy Perry's No. 2-peaking "Wide Awake" holds at No. 4 on the Hot 100 and No. 2 on Radio Songs (117 million, down less than 1%), while dipping 5-6 on Digital Songs (136,000, up 5%) and 8-9 on On-Demand Songs (529,000, down 11%). With its latest sales frame, the song passes 2 million in digital sales to-date, according to SoundScan. It also lifts 3-1 on Adult Pop Songs.

Maroon 5's "Payphone," featuring Wiz Khalifa, holds at No. 5 on the Hot 100, followed by Gotye's former eight-week No. 1 "Somebody That I Used to Know," featuring Kimbra (6-6), and David Guetta's "Titanium," featuring Sia (8-7).

Fun. scores the Hot 100's lone new top 10, as its former Alternative Songs No. 1 "Some Nights" shoots 11-8. With debut entry "We Are Young" (featuring Janelle Monae) having led the Hot 100 for six weeks earlier this year, the trio is the first rock act to send its first two Hot 100 entries to the top 10 since Daughtry ("It's Not Over" and "Home") in 2007. Prior to Daughtry, the Fray had also reached the Hot 100's top tier on its first two tries ("Over My Head (Cable Car)" and "How to Save a Life") in 2006.

Ask Billboard: Phillip Phillips Goes 'Home' To Hot 100's Top 10

After blasting 84-9 last week thanks to its usage in NBC's coverage of Olympics women's gymnastics, reigning "American Idol" champ Phillip Phillips' "Home" holds at No. 9 on the Hot 100 following the second and final week of the London Games. It drops 1-2 on Digital Songs (212,000, down 7%), although it passes 1 million in digital sales since its release (1,056,000), according to SoundScan. The folk-influenced track is bubbling under Radio Songs (13 million, up 90%) and On-Demand Songs (216,000, up 61%).

Rihanna rounds out the Hot 100's top 10, as "Where Have You Been" slides 7-10.

Outside the top bracket, highlights include Mumford & Sons soaring onto the chart at No. 23 with "I Will Wait," the first single from the band's sophomore album "Babel," due Sept. 25. Upon its bow, the song passes "The Cave" (No. 27 peak, 2011) to become the group's highest-charting Hot 100 hit.

Taylor Swift's New Single Blasts Onto Radio

Set For Record Sales Debut

Taylor Swift, meanwhile, enters the Hot 100 at No. 72 with "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together," the first single from her fourth studio album, "Red," due Oct. 22. The song arrives after being released to retail and radio only late Monday (Aug. 13), with its first two days of airplay accounting for a No. 25 start on Radio Songs (40 million), the highest debut rank for a song by a female country act in the airplay tally's 21-year history. As previously reported, the song should make a dramatic play for the top of next week's Hot 100 after logging a full first week of sales and airplay. (Highlights of next week's Hot 100 will post next Wednesday (22) on Billboard.com.)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

on to Phillip Phillips' Home

This reminds me of Mumford & Sons, the song is good though

that's from YT. I was actually right in the beginning ;)

♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫

StrawberryBlond

Wait, I don't understand. I'm completely lost on these new rules. I thought the rule was now that chart position was based more on radio play and you're claiming that Taylor debuted at #72 because she's already got enough airplay. Huh?

Archived