Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

BR is best video of the 2000s. Why?

Buddy

Featured Posts

Especially in the #MeToo culture this video cuts deep but no one is talking about it. She enters the industry, drugged/forced to drink + starved, used until she's made googly eyed. They mess her up and remove her senses. She takes off her clothes, surrounds herself with flashy ****, goes for it, they buy her. Then she becomes stronger than them, takes off her clothes one more time, and kills the guy who bought her.

TheAlpha

Idk how to explain. But just like the Single Ladies video (low budget) there’s something so iconic about them I can’t explain it. But of course, Bad Romance has more things going on and there’s a tragic story at first and then she free herself like you mentioned. Which is why it ended up landing the number 1 spot.

You know this is just my opinion, right?

4 minutes ago, TheAlpha said:

Idk how to explain. But just like the Single Ladies video (low budget) there’s something so iconic about them I can’t explain it. But of course, Bad Romance has more things going on and there’s a tragic story at first and then she free herself like you mentioned. Which is why it ended up landing the number 1 spot.

Single Ladies doesn't even have a story though. It's really good and iconic though on a performance level but BR is so much deeper.

Personally, Judas, Marry The Night, Applause or even Alejandro top BR for me. Her videography is criminally underrated and she probbaly has the best videography of all time. Prefer her music videos to any Madonna or MJ have done, too. It’s a joke she hasn’t won the Vanguard, yet Rihanna has.

Chickens in Malibu

Thank goodness BR video didn't happen in 2018. Otherwise we'd see a headline from VOX "Bad Romance and Rape Culture", since even ASIB was rape culture for them (a reach).

Archived