💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

Charmed Reboot Discussion

highlikegaga

Featured Posts

highlikegaga

5b5914801b4c5.jpg

I saw that @Coop posted in the trailer thread and decided to make a new one.

IMDB - 3.4/10 :vegas:

65% on RT. Fresh: 11; Rotten: 6 :vegas:

56 on Metacritic :vegas:

Episode 1 rating: 1.54mil :vegas:

The first episode premiered last night and is out for streaming now.

Let's talk about it.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JusKeepBreathin

I liked it. It was a good start. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Scathach

It's honestly not as bad as everyone say it is. 

I thought it was a meh pilot, the story moves way too quickly (the half sister already moves in with them at the end of the pilot, they have already mastered their powers...) and the campiness didn't really work for me, it felt forced most of the times (I love Jane The Virgin and the campiness is way less present and way more subtil in it). 

However, like I said, it's far from being awful despite being flawed, (twitter has decided to hate it since it was announced and yet they support the reboot of Sabrina for example...) and I think it has some potential.

highlikegaga

I admit i was super against it, but the actresses are so cute and the middle one (don't know her name, yet) is my favorite so far.

just like Piper was all those years ago:kara:

i might give it another ep or two, but the CGI was cringey. (not that the OG had the best effects)

ZiggyZiggs

it looked spectacular;, like really good production design, visual effects, cinematography etc, the writing and pacing on the other hand is a little iffy imo

highlikegaga
Just now, Coop said:

:madge:

omg i wasn't sure if I can tag you. didn't want to offend you hun :hug:can i tag you now?

highlikegaga

am i the only one that got the vibe that the whitelighter is a hunty tho :v:

2 minutes ago, highlikegaga said:

omg i wasn't sure if I can tag you. didn't want to offend you hun :hug:can i tag you now?

I'm joking :hug: 

Now that I've finished the ep, I MIGHT continue watching it (I def gotta see another ep or two to see if I like it or not :shrug:). The effects are better than in the OG series, which is expected though. I like 2/3 sisters (the lesbian one is kind of annoying). But why did this demon look just like the Night King from Game of Thrones?  :stalkga:  

Also, that Melinda Warren easter egg in the Book of Shadows made me happy!

2 minutes ago, highlikegaga said:

That reminds me, why the hell is he not ORBING, but apparating instead, like in Harry Potter. :madge: 

Scathach

5 minutes ago, Coop said:

That reminds me, why the hell is he not ORBING, but apparating instead, like in Harry Potter. :madge: 

Because he is not a white lighter ? That's what I understand at the end, he is probably not what he says he is

9 minutes ago, highlikegaga said:

I have a feeling he will end up being the father of one of the girls :poot:

highlikegaga
24 minutes ago, Coop said:

I'm joking :hug: 

Now that I've finished the ep, I MIGHT continue watching it (I def gotta see another ep or two to see if I like it or not :shrug:). The effects are better than in the OG series, which is expected though. I like 2/3 sisters (the lesbian one is kind of annoying). But why did this demon look just like the Night King from Game of Thrones?  :stalkga:  

Also, that Melinda Warren easter egg in the Book of Shadows made me happy!

my thoughts exactly.

also, the lesbian one was my fav :cryga:

and if it turns out that he's not orbing, bc he's evil and the real whitelighters are actually orbing i'd be super impressed

Archived