💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

ASIB is a remake of Burlesque

shame

Featured Posts

Disclaimer: minor spoilers

Anyone remember or watched Burlesque (2010)?

51940oHwMlL.jpg

After watching the new ASIB and suddenly remembering that moment in Xtina's career existed, I found that there are UNCANNY similarities between the two movies, so much that I am convinced that ASIB is AT LEAST loosely based off of Burlesque and vice versa.

It's so obvious.

FIRST, Gaga's and Xtina's characters basically have the same name.

latest?cb=20110130032536 This is Ali.

star-is-born-gaga-poster-1536604414971_1 This is Ally :wtfga:

Both have incredible voices which, at the beginning of the movie, are unbeknownst to the world.

Ali and Ally both started from nothing and built their way to the top.

They both used to work really low-brow jobs, dealing with food and shĂ­tty customer service. Ali used to wait tables at a bar and Ally used to do catering at a restaurant.

They both had big dreams of making it in the industry but with no luck.

Until, they both get discovered (through their singing) by someone with iconic prestige and major clout.

320?cb=20130929020727a-star-is-born-2018.jpg

These big names eventually become their mentors and guide them through their new lives.

They both undergo a metamorphosis of image and character; from normie to megastar:

33476540776a9226a3b1e220eef47ab1.jpg gaga-nerves.gif?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1538684501332

christina_aguilera_burlesque_criticas.jpgLady-Gaga-In-Maki-Oh-On-The-Set-of-A-Star-Is-Born.jpg

Ali makes a big name for herself in the burlesque scene and Ally breaks through the pop world

Each manage to save burlesque shows and pop music from dying, respectively.

And not only that...

BOTH OF THEIR LOVERS' NAMES ARE 'JACK'

large.jpgThis is Jack, Ali's love interest.

Spoiler

Here's more of him for the thirsty gays :huntyga:

giphy.gif

bradley-cooper-asib-solo-press-2018-billboard-1500x845.jpg And this is Jack(son Maine), Ally's love interest. :diane:

latest?cb=20130929022516 Btw, Ally also wears a green dress at the end of the movie. :diane:

So what do y'all think? Did Gaga recreate that movie star moment in Xtina's career, but 100 million times more successfully?

And is there anything else I missed?

Spoiler

tbh, i haven't watched Burlesque but from the trailer and what I heard, the storyline looks so similar.

angels forever, forever angels

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ARTPOPSTER

Actually, ASIB is a remake of Madonna’s hit movie Swept Away. It’s so obvious too. Gaga is always copying Madonna. :excuseu:

Head Empty

It's actually COMPLETELY different.

Cuz Ally wears a blue dress at the end, not green :huntyga:

Miracle

Well in fact Ali doesn't become a star, but the main singer in a Burlesque bar. Plus the love story doesn't really play an important role in the movie, or at least it doesn't appear too. Actually, Burlesque is bad because it doesn't have anything to tell, despite some entertaining numbers and the hell of a big song You Haven't Seen The Last of Me.

It's just that the story is really common and predictable (remember there were previous iterations of ASIB too). It's more about how it's executed. Also, ASIB is about Jackson's fall, not Ally's career.

48 minutes ago, ARTPOPSTER said:

Actually, ASIB is a remake of Madonna’s hit movie Swept Away. It’s so obvious too. Gaga is always copying Madonna. :excuseu:

Lovin’ the obvious joke but WOW. searched it up and that film got 5% on Rotten Tomatoes. Poor Madge could never make it in the film industry, no matter how hard she tried 😂

Serial Chiller
1 hour ago, Why am I on GGD said:

It's actually COMPLETELY different.

Cuz Ally wears a blue dress at the end, not green :huntyga:

I can't with this spoiler. ASIB is now literally unwatchable for me. 

elijahfan

Or.... maybe Burlesque (which I haven't seen) drew inspiration from the ASIB story, which is 80 years old :awkney: The world didn't start turning when you guys were born

Head Empty
1 minute ago, elijahfan said:

Or.... maybe Burlesque (which I haven't seen) drew inspiration from the ASIB story, which is 80 years old :awkney: The world didn't start turning when you guys were born

When you think about it this whole thing is reductive because stars have been born since the big bang when the universe was created :awkney:

Sam Elliot was right they truely are just telling the same story over and over again :awkney:

Archived