💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Paloma Faith - Loyal

Villanelle

Featured Posts

Villanelle

Our queen is back with a brand new single

The repackaged version of the album, The Architect (The Zeitgeist Edition) is released in November! 

StrawberryBlond

It's a good song but I just feel like she's pushing it putting out another re-release. Her last album did that and it's a general rule of thumb that you don't do that twice in a row. Plus, her last album sold over 600k and had two top ten hits by the time she re-released it. This one has only sold over 300k and its biggest hit only went to #36 and its taken a year to even get this far. Its been her worst performing album to date. This is not grounds for a re-release. I think she's gone a bit too far lately, putting out numerous songs that just aren't charting, teaming up with Sigala again on another generic song, releasing a cover song and now releasing another new single for a re-release. I think it's all coming over a bit desperate. I think she stands a big risk of being somewhat overexposed and taking advantage of her fans, expecting them to buy everything twice. I saw how Ellie Goulding's fans turned against her somewhat for doing two re-releases in a row and her follow-up album flopped. Paloma's really talented and I don't want to see the same thing happen to her. She did so well keeping a solid fanbase for her previous albums, selling in the 700k ballpark every time, which is very hard to do. But she's fallen to earth with a bump hard with this recent album and I think she's in panic mode.

Villanelle

Is it likely that she will tour again now she's doing a repackaged album? I saw her in March touring The Architect album, I'd love to again.

FlopSlurper
22 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

It's a good song but I just feel like she's pushing it putting out another re-release. Her last album did that and it's a general rule of thumb that you don't do that twice in a row. Plus, her last album sold over 600k and had two top ten hits by the time she re-released it. This one has only sold over 300k and its biggest hit only went to #36 and its taken a year to even get this far. Its been her worst performing album to date. This is not grounds for a re-release. I think she's gone a bit too far lately, putting out numerous songs that just aren't charting, teaming up with Sigala again on another generic song, releasing a cover song and now releasing another new single for a re-release. I think it's all coming over a bit desperate. I think she stands a big risk of being somewhat overexposed and taking advantage of her fans, expecting them to buy everything twice. I saw how Ellie Goulding's fans turned against her somewhat for doing two re-releases in a row and her follow-up album flopped. Paloma's really talented and I don't want to see the same thing happen to her. She did so well keeping a solid fanbase for her previous albums, selling in the 700k ballpark every time, which is very hard to do. But she's fallen to earth with a bump hard with this recent album and I think she's in panic mode.

Lullaby went 6 and make your kind of music went 28. Both songs were #1 on iTunes for so long. Do some research before writing these articles.

StrawberryBlond
5 minutes ago, FlopSlurper said:

Lullaby went 6 and make your kind of music went 28. Both songs were #1 on iTunes for so long. Do some research before writing these articles.

Excuse me, I do research, a lot more than you've probably done. I've been doing amateur music reviews for the past few years and I've listened to all Paloma's albums and know how she charts. I was referring to her new solo material from her solo studio albums when I brought up her charts. And I look at the itunes chart all the time - Lullaby and Make Your Own Kind Of Music never went anywhere near itunes #1, what are you on about? And #28 is nothing to boast about, especially by UK sales standards and there isn't even any data for how much it sold, which is barely anything anyway. As for Lullaby, it's a generic tropical house track on a Sigala album, Paloma may have co-written it but it's hardly considered her song when she is only written in after the feature tag. Getting featured on dance producers songs is what an artist does when they're so huge that they want to grab any success they can or they're flopping so badly that they need any level of success they can and we all know what side Paloma's on.

I know all this sounds harsh but it's the truth and I'm a realist. If you don't speak up about problems, they'll never change.

FlopSlurper
49 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Excuse me, I do research, a lot more than you've probably done. I've been doing amateur music reviews for the past few years and I've listened to all Paloma's albums and know how she charts. I was referring to her new solo material from her solo studio albums when I brought up her charts. And I look at the itunes chart all the time - Lullaby and Make Your Own Kind Of Music never went anywhere near itunes #1, what are you on about? And #28 is nothing to boast about, especially by UK sales standards and there isn't even any data for how much it sold, which is barely anything anyway. As for Lullaby, it's a generic tropical house track on a Sigala album, Paloma may have co-written it but it's hardly considered her song when she is only written in after the feature tag. Getting featured on dance producers songs is what an artist does when they're so huge that they want to grab any success they can or they're flopping so badly that they need any level of success they can and we all know what side Paloma's on.

I know all this sounds harsh but it's the truth and I'm a realist. If you don't speak up about problems, they'll never change.

My bad, they both peaked at 4, but that doesn't take away from the fact that they stayed in the top 10 for weeks.

Lullaby is a Paloma song as much as a Sigala song, the title literally says Paloma Faith, Sigala, not "featuring". You're doing the most trying to paint her as over, when she isn't, her last album was her first #1 album EVER. And then I mentioned Lullaby and Make Your Own Kind of Music which you left out because you know they were HITS, especially Lullaby, so you had to pretend they don't exist since they don't follow your narrative. 

"Getting featured on dance producers songs is what an artist does when they're so huge that they want to grab any success they can or they're flopping so badly that they need any level of success they can and we all know what side Paloma's on."

I have to scream, first of all as I said, the song is a collaboration not a feature. Second of all, she also did a feature after she released a perfect contradiction, it isn't something new for her. Now excuse me while I stream her #1 album, not everybody has that.

Edit: from the official website of UK charts

"The Architect was hugely successful for Paloma. As well as being her first UK Number 1 on the Official Albums Chart, the album spawned Paloma's highest first-week sales of her career, and made her only the second woman to have all of her first four albums be BRIT Certified Platinum, the first being Sade.

Despite its November release, The Architect was 2017's 14th best-selling album. The only female solo artist to sell more albums last year was P!nk, while Paloma sold more than Taylor Swift. The Architect also features in 2018's Top 20 best-sellers to date."

https://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/paloma-faith-to-release-a-special-edition-of-her-number-1-album-the-architect-on-november-23__24233/

To quote you, I know all this sounds harsh but it's the truth and I'm a realist. If you don't speak up about problems, they'll never change.

superthumb.jpg?t=1500896924

StrawberryBlond
20 minutes ago, FlopSlurper said:

My bad, they both peaked at 4, but that doesn't take away from the fact that they stayed in the top 10 for weeks.

Lullaby is a Paloma song as much as a Sigala song, the title literally says Paloma Faith, Sigala, not "featuring". You're doing the most trying to paint her as over, when she isn't, her last album was her first #1 album EVER. And then I mentioned Lullaby and Make Your Own Kind of Music which you left out because you know they were HITS, especially Lullaby, so you had to pretend they don't exist since they don't follow your narrative. 

"Getting featured on dance producers songs is what an artist does when they're so huge that they want to grab any success they can or they're flopping so badly that they need any level of success they can and we all know what side Paloma's on."

I have to scream, first of all as I said, the song is a collaboration not a feature. Second of all, she also did a feature after she released a perfect contradiction, it isn't something new for her. Now excuse me while I stream her #1 album, not everybody has that.

Edit: from the official website of UK charts

"The Architect was hugely successful for Paloma. As well as being her first UK Number 1 on the Official Albums Chart, the album spawned Paloma's highest first-week sales of her career, and made her only the second woman to have all of her first four albums be BRIT Certified Platinum, the first being Sade.

Despite its November release, The Architect was 2017's 14th best-selling album. The only female solo artist to sell more albums last year was P!nk, while Paloma sold more than Taylor Swift. The Architect also features in 2018's Top 20 best-sellers to date."

https://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/paloma-faith-to-release-a-special-edition-of-her-number-1-album-the-architect-on-november-23__24233/

To quote you, I know all this sounds harsh but it's the truth and I'm a realist. If you don't speak up about problems, they'll never change.

Yeah, some artists are now doing the "collab" thing instead of a .feat tag now but it's all the same at the end of the day. It's a desperate move when she doesn't normally release music like Lullaby. I never said she was over, just that her latest album is her least successful so it doesn't look good to re-release it as you only do that for super successful albums. Lullaby is hardly even remembered by anyone except her fans. The music video has less than 200k likes in the 7 months its been out. And as for Make Your Own Kind Of Music...it's only had 2.7 million views and 14k likes in the 7 months its been out. Not a hit in any universe. Hits sell a lot, they hang around in the charts, they're remembered. I left them out because they're not hits on the level of the ones she made previously not because they didn't fit my narrative.

Exactly, she's already done this desperate teaming up with a dance producers schtick before, she doesn't need to do it again.

The actual chart position doesn't matter, it's the sales. She got #1 because she had an easy week. Selling 40k is nothing for an solo album's debut week. And platinum is only 300k copies. Not all that much to boast about. Her first 3 albums went double platinum, so again, it's not all that impressive. And females haven't been selling music for a long time (music isn't selling well in general), so for it to be one of the most successful female albums so late in the year isn't saying much.

There's no need to get cheeky. You know exactly what I'm saying. I like Paloma and I don't want to see her go the same way Ellie Goulding did - annoying her fans by putting out 2 re-releases in a row and then getting steadily more generic as time goes on so that she loses all her fans who loved her original kooky self. Remember that Paloma's always had an older fanbase. They won't be feeling tropical house and neo-disco beats that she's been doing lately. I believe it was doing that style on her last album that caused all the faith (no pun intended) to be lost in her when she released The Architect. To go from 700k to 300k is very telling.

FlopSlurper
24 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Yeah, some artists are now doing the "collab" thing instead of a .feat tag now but it's all the same at the end of the day. It's a desperate move when she doesn't normally release music like Lullaby. I never said she was over, just that her latest album is her least successful so it doesn't look good to re-release it as you only do that for super successful albums. Lullaby is hardly even remembered by anyone except her fans. The music video has less than 200k likes in the 7 months its been out. And as for Make Your Own Kind Of Music...it's only had 2.7 million views and 14k likes in the 7 months its been out. Not a hit in any universe. Hits sell a lot, they hang around in the charts, they're remembered. I left them out because they're not hits on the level of the ones she made previously not because they didn't fit my narrative.

Exactly, she's already done this desperate teaming up with a dance producers schtick before, she doesn't need to do it again.

The actual chart position doesn't matter, it's the sales. She got #1 because she had an easy week. Selling 40k is nothing for an solo album's debut week. And platinum is only 300k copies. Not all that much to boast about. Her first 3 albums went double platinum, so again, it's not all that impressive. And females haven't been selling music for a long time (music isn't selling well in general), so for it to be one of the most successful female albums so late in the year isn't saying much.

There's no need to get cheeky. You know exactly what I'm saying. I like Paloma and I don't want to see her go the same way Ellie Goulding did - annoying her fans by putting out 2 re-releases in a row and then getting steadily more generic as time goes on so that she loses all her fans who loved her original kooky self. Remember that Paloma's always had an older fanbase. They won't be feeling tropical house and neo-disco beats that she's been doing lately. I believe it was doing that style on her last album that caused all the faith (no pun intended) to be lost in her when she released The Architect. To go from 700k to 300k is very telling.

Official UK charts: “the album was hugely successful for her, it is her first #1, gave her the highest first week sales of her career. Despite being released in 2017 it’s still in the top 20s of 2018 best selling albums”.

Would strawberryblond from ggd lie when she writes an article about how the album wasn’t successful? I think we should dismiss the official charts of uk and believe her instead.

I have to SCREAM

StrawberryBlond
On 10/14/2018 at 7:23 PM, FlopSlurper said:

Official UK charts: “the album was hugely successful for her, it is her first #1, gave her the highest first week sales of her career. Despite being released in 2017 it’s still in the top 20s of 2018 best selling albums”.

Would strawberryblond from ggd lie when she writes an article about how the album wasn’t successful? I think we should dismiss the official charts of uk and believe her instead.

I have to SCREAM

There's no need to keep being so rude. Can't anyone deal with an opposing opinion on this site without taking it to extremes? It doesn't take an expert to notice the drop of Paloma's current album compared to her previous ones. Her first 3 all sold over 700k and the latest has only sold 300k. First week sales and minor hits mean nothing in the grand scheme of things, but actual overall album sales show how many fans she's lost. These sales would be nothing if this was how her debut album sold as albums sold better when she debuted. The fact she can be considered to have a hit album with 300k sales and not one hit from the original version of the album just serves to prove how much overall sales have dropped and our standards have dropped with them.

Archived