Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

I really want 2012-2013 EDM & Dubstep to make a comeback

Woohoo

Featured Posts

I really hope Drake and those mumble artists become irrelevant one day and this loud music perfection makes a comeback :party:

"I heard if you record Gaga snoring and play it backward it sounds like an act. 2 unreleased."

Andreu

We could argue about what's EDM and where's the dubstep in that songs besides the little influence in TS but I would definitely be glad to see this style on the radio again

FATCAT

Personally, I hope the EDM phase stays in the past and we get some new electronic music :rip:

Purr more, hiss less.

RAMROD

This genre will never return. Just like Big Beat before it, for example. They will sustain themselves enough to keep going but will never really get so big again.

There will be another sub genre of electronic music that will take its place in the future. That is just how the cookie crumble.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Bolkins

Her cycle is over, every decade has their own unique phase of music that comes and gos, the 2010's was defined by EDM. 

Andreu
4 minutes ago, FATCAT said:

Personally, I hope the EDM phase stays in the past and we get some new electronic music :rip:

So you want electronic music that's downtempo or what?

because EDM literally means electronic dance mus

Andreu
3 minutes ago, Sepsami said:

Where is dubstep in any of this :messga:

there can be a little influence on IKYWT buttttttttt still a reach

1 minute ago, Andreu said:

well EDM isnt all electronic music it was penned referering the specific music at the time, when electronic music. The term already existed but EDM which is a generic name became a genre

ANimals Martin Garrix for example being the perf example

FadMadonsterStan

I wish new jack swing came back :huntyga:, but that’s not gonna happen :messga: and probably neither will this for some time. Music is taking a different direction for better or for worse, wished it was for better tho. Maybe in like 10 years idk :interestinga:

Don't go for second best, baby Put your love to the test

Andreu
9 minutes ago, Killa said:

well EDM isnt all electronic music it was penned referering the specific music at the time, when electronic music. The term already existed but EDM which is a generic name became a genre

ANimals Martin Garrix for example being the perf example

That's Big Room house

many people misusing the term doesn't mean it's right to do so

And it was peened so we would have a term for the combination of al the little styles of House, Dubstep, Bass music, Deep, etc

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_dance_music

Despite the industry's attempt to create a specific EDM brand, the initialism remains in use as an umbrella term for multiple genres, including house, techno, trance, drum and bass, and dubstep, as well as their respective subgenres.

evil sheep

just like you, i really want edm, synthpop and electropop to be successful again:( 

Hush hush, keep it down now, voices carry

4 minutes ago, Andreu said:

That's Big Room house

many people misusing the term doesn't mean it's right to do so

And it was peened so we would have a term for the combination of al the little styles of House, Dubstep, Bass music, Deep, etc

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_dance_music

Despite the industry's attempt to create a specific EDM brand, the initialism remains in use as an umbrella term for multiple genres, including house, techno, trance, drum and bass, and dubstep, as well as their respective subgenres.

i understand what you're saying and you're passion, i didn«t like it at first

but it's way out of what the industry says

you go to youtube and search for edm, what people associate it with is Big room, Future Bass, Deep House

not with Dub, trance, DnB, techno's etc.

Im not saying it's right, cause that just cause much confusion, but i think it's important what the general people refer to, cause they're the listeners

FATCAT
57 minutes ago, Andreu said:

Kind of, this is more what I'm looking for:

Something vibey but that I can't dance to

Purr more, hiss less.

Archived