Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
life

Gaga Had Planned for ASIB

OMonster

Featured Posts

OMonster

In her recent Elle interview, Carina (the writer) revealed that Gaga and her representatives consciously tried to impress Bradley Cooper at the 2016 Sean Parker Conference. They knew he was in attendance, and as such, treated the gig as an 'audition' for ASIB: 

"Gaga’s reps had alerted her that the actor would be in attendance, and that he planned to direct A Star Is Born and was looking to cast the female lead. Lady Gaga knew she wanted it.

This also ties into what Taylor Kinney said recently of Gaga and ASIB:

I know it’s been in the works for a long time…I know what went into it, it's been a long time coming . . . It's been years . . . to see what people go through to be in that, you can kind of let the masses make decisions" 

It certainly seems like ASIB had been on Gaga's radar for a very, very long time. I mean, the fact that Taylor knows so much about the casting process really suggests that Gaga had been interested even back then. 

I find this pretty interesting to be honest. It's been suggested before that Gaga was totally caught off-guard and was not aware that Bradley was casting. It was clearly all very deliberate - Bradley obviously attended the performance with a view of possibly signing her, and Gaga was very much aware of this. It wasn't this spontaneous coincidence after all. 

I think it's exciting to think that Gaga has had this as a goal of hers for some time, without ever hinting anything. Who knows what she is currently thinking up?

subtext / fantasy

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought Taylor was just talking about the process of filming, but what you're saying makes a lot of sense.

It makes you wonder if Cheek to Cheek was planned before too, because the story we know is Tony randomly asking her at some event.

The  story she tells is more romantic... but I don't believe in coincidences at all. Gaga is very smart but she sells herself as candid and innocent, which ain't  bad at all. 

Reality

I mean, wasn't that sort of implied since the beginning? It's not like she was getting a massage and then all of a sudden the doorbell rings and then Bradley Cooper walks in. She absolutely knew ahead of time what was going on and how she wanted to make a good impression on him. The story's still romantic nonetheless. 

🖤👹

Chuckles

Interesting, I mean of course it's not the fairytale story they are selling but who cares. I stan an ambitious goal-oriented artist.

I kinda love this to be honest? This echoes what ScreenPrism said on their recent ASIB video about how, in every version of A Star Is Born, the marketing for it is just as important as the movie itself. Gaga and Bradley had spent this entire time talking about they devoted themselves completely to each other, just like how Ally and Jackson did. They also talked about how she believed in him as a musician and he believed in her as an actress, just like how Jackson believed in Ally.

With this revelation, I'm realising that the story of the cancer benefit is very similar to how Jackson stumbled upon a drag bar and was blown away by the La Vie En Rose performance.

I don't think this is news exactly, but it's all very interesting. Gaga knows when to be genuine (speaking with fans IRL and such) and when to amp it up for PR (during press tours). I love her.

EDIT: Also I think it's important to note that they never outright lied about this story. They just framed it in a way that conjured, in the public mind, that the story of Jackson and Ally mirrored the story of Bradley and Gaga. This is the ScreenPrism video, huge spoilers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPBGgl9suxA

headspin, happiness, DE̤̣A̢̯͔̘T͏͙̗̟̫H̗̙͡ͅ

Rudz Xinc

Maybe she put a spell on that leftover pasta,and serve it to Bradley, so she would get cast :ohwell:

Look at those clowns

Shipper

I think being in the industry,  you hear rumors about certain people looking for an actress or doing certain things.  

What I think happened was Gaga heard about this and wanted the role so she did her best during the Cancer benefit and sang La vie en Rose. She created an opportunity to be considered.  I know that if they did not click during that first meeting in her house eating leftover pasta, she would not have been chosen by Bradley.  Heck,  by that time he was not green lighted for the movie either.  he had to record the both of them singing and send it to Warner Bros to get approved. So at that point,  I believe the both of them made the movie happen. 

Do remember she approached AHS director for an acting role. So she is not shy asking for what she wants.  I think there is no shame for asking for what you want because you know you can do it. Look what happened.  :firega:

You go Gaga! :heart:

💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕

Archived