Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Taylor Swift Beats Whitney Houston Records As AMA Most Wins By Female

RAMROD

Featured Posts

RAMROD

giphy.gif

It’s official: After taking home three awards at the 2018 AMAs, Taylor Swift has more AMAs than any other female artist — and she used the opportunity to urge people to vote during the midterm elections!

Taylor Swift took home THREE awards at the 2018 show, and broke an all-time record previously held by Whitney Houston. With her wins for Best Tour, Best Pop/Rock Album and Artist of the Year, Taylor now has the most AMAs of any female artist — 22 in total! Before this, Whitney has 21, so Taylor had to win in three of her four categories at the 2018 show to come out on top…and she did just that!

Now, Taylor is just three AMAs away from beating Michael Jackson’sall-time win record of 24. Considering she’s only 28 years old and it doesn’t seem like she’s planning on ending her music career anytime soon, it definitely seems possible that she could pull this one out!

Source: 

https://hollywoodlife.com/2018/10/09/taylor-swift-amas-record-most-wins-female-artist-whitney-houston/

Congrats to TayTay! :applause:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

rumours
7 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Taylor Swift took home THREE awards at the 2018 show, and broke an all-time record previously held by Whitney Houston.

Well, this is a travesty 

Alexa play “Hello Darkness My Old Friend”

RAMROD
2 minutes ago, Rumours1977 said:

Well, this is a travesty 

Alexa play “Hello Darkness My Old Friend”

She might breaks all time record next time currently held by Michael Jackson :sis:

RAMROD
1 minute ago, aaron l said:

Slay, her nod towards her next era has me intrigued

Wonder what she will do next :diane:

Leblanc

Good for her

These awards start to feel meaningless when you hear things like this though we all know Whitney is the better artist but I don't wanna start anything :oops:

Award shows too start to feel a bit meh as well, so glad Gaga has stopped turning up to them. Reminds me of that interview where she says she started saying no to events she didn't wanna go to or didn't like what they stood for, glad she has some sense :gaysia:

I always let the good ones go

aaron l
5 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Wonder what she will do next :diane:

I'm thinking a more mature Red honestly. I've seen talks of bringing back some of her roots. :party:

2 minutes ago, ThatBish said:

Good for her

These awards start to feel meaningless when you hear things like this though we all know Whitney is the better artist but I don't wanna start anything :oops:

Award shows too start to feel a bit meh as well, so glad Gaga has stopped turning up to them. Reminds me of that interview where she says she started saying no to events she didn't wanna go to or didn't like what they stood for, glad she has some sense :gaysia:

Eventually someone had to beat Whitney's record, and someone will eventually beat MJ's record. And then eventually someone will beat the next person's record and the cycle will continue.

RAMROD
1 minute ago, ThatBish said:

Good for her

Nah, Taylor is talented, while she doesn't have big voice like some others, but she writes her own stuffs and fully involved in making her own albums. Honestly, most people cut her short just because she is TS. But in reality, it is better that she is the one who broke this records than someone who are more obviously sell outs.

Leblanc
8 minutes ago, Sharyu said:

Eventually someone had to beat Whitney's record, and someone will eventually beat MJ's record. And then eventually someone will beat the next person's record and the cycle will continue.

I know they can't hold onto their record forever, that's not what bothers me. 

I just wanted it to be someone who I perceive to be one of the greatest there ever was like a Whitney or MJ.

Leblanc
10 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Nah, Taylor is talented, while she doesn't have big voice like some others, but she writes her own stuffs and fully involved in making her own albums. Honestly, most people cut her short just because she is TS. But in reality, it is better that she is the one who broke this records than someone who are more obviously sell outs.

I didn't say she wasn't talented, I think she is.

I just don't see her as on the same level as MJ or Whitney.

I think it would sit better with me if it was someone I saw as being on the same level but I understand for other people they might see her that way.

It's just what I feel ( also sorry, I didn't know how to quote two people in one post, don't hate me i'm new:cryga:)

1 minute ago, ThatBish said:

I just wanted it to be someone who I perceive to be one of the greatest there ever was like a Whitney or MJ.

And that's the problem. It is your opinion, sure the odds of Swift being compared to either Whitney or MJ are extremely slim, from a vocal or dancing standpoint but she has things that they lack, and they have things that she lacks.

Leblanc
Just now, Sharyu said:

And that's the problem. It is your opinion, sure the odds of Swift being compared to either Whitney or MJ are extremely slim, from a vocal or dancing standpoint but she has things that they lack, and they have things that she lacks.

I understand completely, art is subjective, I don't disagree.

However it doesn't mean my opinion is a problem, I was just talking about how I thought I would feel fulfilled by news of someone breaking this record.

Archived