news

Gaga co-chairing Met Gala 2019

ARTBOP

Featured Posts

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Miracle

OMG I just checked out what the theme meant and it seems quite interesting. I feel like the topic discussed by Susan was broadly discussed by Gaha during the ARTPOP era and Camp, as well as Kitsch fashion's been well represented throughout Gaga's entire career.

SwissMonster

I know I am a flop but what mean co-chair? What will be her role in this? (Sorry I‘m not a native english speaker)

SwissMonsterÂźïž - Creating controversy since 1999

calmar
1 minute ago, SwissMonster said:

I know I am a flop but what mean co-chair? What will be her role in this? (Sorry I‘m not a native english speaker)

Someone in charge along with other people

äżșăźć‹ćˆ©ăŻæșるぎăȘい

Quentin
Just now, SwissMonster said:

It means that she'll be trying to sit on a single chair with all the other people who will be co-chairing.

Follow every rainbow till you find your dream

Teal Ambition

GAGA AND HARRY STYLES? MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ME :cryga:

▌│█║▌║▌║ before I am Canadian, I am Chromatican ║▌║▌║█│▌

calmar
4 minutes ago, Miracle said:

What does Camp: Notes on Fashion mean?

"Andrew Bolton, Wendy Yu Curator in Charge of the Costume Institute, has framed the exhibition around Susan Sontag’s seminal 1964 essay “Notes on ‘Camp,’” which posited different ways in which the concept could be construed. Bolton explains that he found Sontag’s writings—in a nutshell, she argued that camp is the “love of the unnatural: of artifice and exaggeration ... style at the expense of content ... the triumph of the epicene style”—so timely with what we are going through culturally and politically that, “I felt it would have a lot of cultural resonance.”

Sontag found camp, for instance, in Busby Berkeley movies and in the he-man actor Victor Mature, in Mae West and General de Gaulle, in Swan Lake, Flash Gordon comics, Caravaggio, Chinoiserie, and the entirety of the Art Nouveau movement. “Camp taste has an affinity for certain arts rather than others,” she noted. “Clothes, furniture, all the elements of visual dĂ©cor, for instance, make up a large part of Camp.”

Camp, as Bolton notes, “has become increasingly more mainstream in its pluralities—political camp, queer camp, Pop camp, the conflation of high and low, the idea that there is no such thing as originality.” Camp, he continues, has been described as style without content. “But I think you’ve got to be incredibly sophisticated to understand camp—look at Yves Saint Laurent and Marc Jacobs.”"

https://www.vogue.com/article/costume-institute-2019-exhibition-camp-notes-on-fashion

äżșăźć‹ćˆ©ăŻæșるぎăȘい

boyerased

Alessandro and Gucci are underwriting so there’s s huge chance Gaga will show up in Gucci. I’m so excited for that because she’s not usually a Gucci girl. 

California Gold
3 minutes ago, SwissMonster said:

The definition of a co chair is a person who is jointly in charge of something, such as planning an event, with another person.

It’s buried in my soul, I can’t find the gold

highlikegaga

i thought it said Anna Wintour, Lady Gaga, Harry Styles & Selena Gomez for a quick sec and was about to lose my sh#t

Archived