Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Pop bops really aren't Gaga's thing at all

Villanelle

Featured Posts

Villanelle

I feel I'm gonna get hate for this BUT this is a conclusion I think I've come to, in regards to the type of music Gaga has been releasing in the last few years and of course, after seeing ASIB. 

Gaga can write quick catchy pop songs which are great and fun, the first half of her career mainly consisted of them. But look at how much more she is capable of, it's miles away from those generic types of songs that are basically made for success and radio play. When you take songs from the soundtrack like Is That Alright, Before I Cry, Remember Us This Way etc, it seems Gaga is far more comfortable singing those types of songs in comparison to say Heal Me/The Cure (those types of songs- which are fun great tracks, but not strong).

It's quite sad that these days everything has to come packaged i.e. looks, choreo, basic autotuned vocals etc. I'm hoping that now Gaga can do what she wants to do despite what people (including the public and fans) THINK she should do.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SwissMonster

I would not say her biggest hits are far away from those ballads to be honest, and also not some of her more „unknown“ pop songs. On my top 10 list of Favorit Gaga songs it’s still all Pop songs to be honest. And even if since ARTPOP she hadn’t had a HUGE pop song, this means nothing to me honestly. We have to wait for LG6, sure it’s pop.

Also, In my eyes you can not compare pop Bops to ballads. Also she won so many awards with her pop songs so saying it not Gaga’s thing is :awkney:

But I accept your opinion :sure:

SwissMonster®️ - Creating controversy since 1999

MonsterAura

Honestly, if it means getting songs like Is That Alright, Always Remember Us This Way, I’ll Never Love Again and Look What I Found, I don’t need pop.

Those are some of the very best songs I’ve ever heard in my life :diane:

Luxe Ford

My thoughts on this had drifted in and out for a decade now. I have suspected (and feared) she just isn't that into pop as I'd like her too.

But if I have survived this far, I'm sure I'll be up for anything she ventures into.

I love riding this roller coaster!

What happens in Luxe Ford stays in Luxe Ford

He8MyHeart

I think she feels more comfortable as a musician these days compared to when she first started and her song-writing reflects that.

DaftFameMonster

Maybe some of her recent pop efforts lack, but the way she has married electronic music with in an experimental yet radio ready format in the past truly made her stand out from the crowd. 

RadioIsOurs

Yeah yeah yeah suddenly we're all now tasteful highbrow music lovers who totally did not stan that woman for basic pop trash like Bad Romance or Just Dance :interestinga:

BornSimon
1 minute ago, RadioIsOurs said:

Yeah yeah yeah suddenly we're all now tasteful highbrow music lovers who totally did not stan that woman for basic pop trash like Bad Romance or Just Dance :interestinga:

Basic pop trash like Bad Romance? What kind of ignorance is this?!

RadioIsOurs
1 minute ago, BornSimon said:

Basic pop trash like Bad Romance? What kind of ignorance is this?!

I was being sarcastic :interestinga:

• Admin changed the title to Pop bops really aren't Gaga's thing at all
DutchHooker

Why are y'all bashing pop music so freaking much, I literally can't with y'all... y'all stanned Gaga for pop (except when you stanned Gaga during Joanne/C2C)...

I don't stan a balladartist, because i'm not sad, I like life and want to dance.. Gaga has the perfect voice for pop, every popsong with her voice sounds so freaking good.. Not everything has to be "lyrically professional" or "intelligent", enjoy life and dance on HBF :vegas:

We need DarkGa with Bops so we can rule the industry again and learn the other popgirls how to snatch 'em wigs to ultimate baldness!!

homomo

I’ve finally accepted that I don’t need to hear another pop bop by Gaga anymore.

I realized she can create amazing masterpieces with simple instruments. And that’s all I need.

DanceInTheDark
Just now, Interstellar said:

I’ve finally accepted that I don’t need to hear another pop bop by Gaga anymore.

I realized she can create amazing masterpieces with simple instruments. And that’s all I need.

Same for me!

soundcloud.com/brooklyn-nights

sipthistea

I agree.

She's made her weird pop bops her own way during her career, but I think she would be totally out of place going the generic pop route of music Ally did on the film. Gaga's more herself when it comes to soulful music.

FfFfFfFF

A Star Is Born soundtrack is pop though. The only time Gaga left pop music was Cheek to Cheek which is a jazz/ traditional pop album. I think you mean a more specific defition of pop.

zakariah

weirdly enough, I kinda agree with you, my top 5 favourite songs off the soundtrack are the ballads she wrote, I really love the ballads more than the pop bops from the soundtrack

Archived