Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Lady Gaga to star in Broadway revival of Funny Girl

dit

Featured Posts

SKANK

Someone better go check on Leah Michelle, cause "I'm like a bagel on a plate full of onion rolls" is about to become "I'm like a meat dress on a carpet full of silk gowns."

Perfect. Casting.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jimmytimestep
12 minutes ago, dit said:

Please do not insult me. I made the thread a RUMOR but a mod changed it to news. Its not my fault.

Weird that they did that. This definitely feels like a big rumor to me. Sorry if folks are being sassy to you. 

I’ve always wanted Gaga to do a Broadway musical but this was never the role I imagined for her. I like Fanny Brice for her a lot, but I’d always hoped she would do Adelaide in GUYS AND DOLLS. Its clear that she wants to do GUYS AND DOLLS too, she’s mentioned it in countless interviews.

Maybe she can do the NBC live musical of either show and the other on Broadway. The live one can be her Emmy. :firega:

34 minutes ago, jimmytimestep said:

Weird that they did that. This definitely feels like a big rumor to me. Sorry if folks are being sassy to you. 

I’ve always wanted Gaga to do a Broadway musical but this was never the role I imagined for her. I like Fanny Brice for her a lot, but I’d always hoped she would do Adelaide in GUYS AND DOLLS. Its clear that she wants to do GUYS AND DOLLS too, she’s mentioned it in countless interviews.

Maybe she can do the NBC live musical of either show and the other on Broadway. The live one can be her Emmy. :firega:

yeah i made the thread yesterday and when I woke up today I couldnt even find it because the title was changed and the tag was changed to news. I dont mind of course but I agree it does seem more suited for a rumor tag honestly but it's ok. I dont want the mod who changed it to feel bad for doing so. If anything I think they wanted my thread to get more clicks which is so sweet of them :diane: :heart: 

6 hours ago, SwissMonster said:

Sure it’s demanding. But it’s sure LG6 and it’s Tour will come before those broadway shows. But still think those can be demanding too, especially for the vocals...Also, and I have fibro too, it’s not coming only from physical effort but also mental effort and pressure.

Very sorry about your fibro.  I didn't know all those things can trigger fibro.  I figured that Gaga's dancing was causing the flare-ups.  I can see how 8 shows a week on Broadway could be a problem with mental effort and pressure.  And to do those vocals, she would need to be at top condition every day.

It seems touring would be the most difficult.  Imagine traveling to and staying in a different city nearly every day, worrying that something might go wrong and disappointing her fans.  Knowing how much Gaga cares, that's a huge amount of pressure.  And on top of all that, there's the dancing.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Teal Ambition

well

▌│█║▌║▌║ before I am Canadian, I am Chromatican ║▌║▌║█│▌

Aussie

Wow i was just thinking that the next logical step for her would be Broadway not long ago! She has pretty much done everything apart from a live musical. She is genius, she has been planting the seeds for music dominance for years now. What is next? Opera? A heavy metal album?

Gaga's got the perfect accent....."Hello  gorgeous."  She would be great in What's Up Doc?,  also.

Smother Em Eh
On 10/7/2018 at 6:23 PM, THATFoxyFeeling said:

Broadway musical is inevitable at this point, she wants that EGOT. I'd rather a original musical though, if she can write music for a film musical imagine what she can do for a Broadway musical. :giveup:

Yes this. Starring in a remake of movies is cool and all, but I’d die for an original musical for Gaga to star in! 

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

nath4gaga

I would love this. But again I think I'd rather an original musical so she can really originate the character. 

I have no doubt that she'd smash this though, I was only thinking how at points hers and Barbra's voices are quite similar. Love to hear her do the thick accent and everything. 

To those who don't think she should do this, you do realise that she has always been a theatre kid? I hope she writes one at some point, à la Lauper. 

Archived