đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

HDD: ASIB #2 with 140-160K

LetsGetHigh

Featured Posts

Andreu
1 minute ago, spicemuncher said:

I just tweeted them and mentioned Bobby! If a few more of us also tweet, they might arrange something pretty quickly?

no shade but we're not talking about Nicki

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
spicemuncher
2 minutes ago, Andreu said:

no shade but we're not talking about Nicki

I know but they did this for C2C and Joanne. Joanne editions from Loony even came in 3 phases: signed batch 1, giveaway with 2 koozies and then a second signed batch.

FinnishGypsy
48 minutes ago, S0436 said:

So Lil Wayne will still be #1 then probably.  I hope those numbers are inaccurate as people said it should be higher because of the movie effect.  I’m sorry but Cher got 150k with an ABBA covers album this week, yet this amazing body of work matches that?

Am I missing something? I’m seeing Twenty One Pilots at #1, not Lil’ Wayne (I don’t keep up with charts unless Gaga has released something, so my apologies in advance for my ignorance). 

FYI The Bodyguard opened at #2 with 144k in 1992. It went #1 the next week and stayed there for over 20 weeks. Lets hope for the same!

AddMeOnMYSPACE
15 minutes ago, Andreu said:

stream in on YT you have no excuse

I've been streaming it on Spotify since the release. But I always thought digitally/physically buying it would be more effective .:triggered:

Debithius

Why do you guys treat this as an official Gaga album though. It’s just a soundtrack album.

spicemuncher
2 minutes ago, Debithius said:

Why do you guys treat this as an official Gaga album though. It’s just a soundtrack album.

Good point, she’s barely on it :ladyhaha:

It definitely counts as part of her discography, her name is attached to it, that’s why we care! It’s not just a featured song on a random soundtrack.

Chickens in Malibu

They are both within the margin of error. I think ASIB might still pull this off.

Bordeciel
1 hour ago, LetsGetHigh said:

I'm over Interscope not investing in Gaga's streaming. :madge:

like Interscope has anything to do with a song having durable success on streaming platform -_-'

If a song please the young GP = streaming success and that's all

LeJudas
1 hour ago, Serial Chiller said:

Look at my avi. Wail with me. 

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! 

lmao never noticed how twinning they look 

Bordeciel
Just now, LetsGetHigh said:

Absolutely not how the streaming business work. Of course some artists drive more streams than others naturally, but generating streams is as easy as scattering a few songs from the soundtrack all over the most followed playlists. People play those playlists without even thinking. 

songs are and stay on a playist because people like it at the beginning

songs are in TTH for a long time because people listen to them on playlist

ofc streaming works this way. If a song is a success, people listen to it. Playlist are not what make a hit a hit :sweat:

BlahForever1

I'm okay with these numbers, and I was expecting the soundtrack to debut with around 140-170k first week, and to debut in the top 3. But most importantly, the movie is looking to debut with $40+ million OW, and I'm more concerned with how well the movie does because the movie is what will ultimately sell the music. If the movie does well at the box office and has longevity, we'll see that reflected in the soundtrack sales.

Archived