Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
funny

Why I Didn't Like ASIB

PunkTheFunk

Featured Posts

PunkTheFunk

You heard me correctly. Everyone here seems to be praising ASIB to the high heavens, but I watched it yesterday afternoon and was NOT here for it. Here are 5 reasons why.

DoyfN51WwAAyXnf.jpg

1. The movie was too complex

I went into this movie expecting an entertaining musical drama in the vein of La La Land, The Greatest Showman, and Glitter. Instead, I got a complex and nuanced portrayal of addiction and mental health that forced me to have a deeper understanding for the people around me. The characters were too three-dimensional and the story had too many layers for my taste. Don't give me tiramisu when I asked for a twinkie.

I feel a little scammed, honestly.

tenor.gif?itemid=11179908

2. Gaga's acting was too believable

I got so immersed in the movie that I forgot I was watching Gaga on the big screen, and it kind of took away from my experience as a stan. Plus, it's not fair what she's doing to the other potential Best Actress nominees. Glenn Close is pushing 90, and the least Gaga could do is let her win that Oscar and fulfill her dying wish.

giphy.gif

3. The Cheek To Cheek demographic jumped OUT

There were 100 people in that theater, and 99 were eligible for their old age security pension. I'm pretty sure I was the only one there under 40. I haven't seen that many senior citizens in one place since the Rebel Heart Tour. An old woman was sitting about two rows behind me, and after the movie was done she let out a huge sigh and said "Oh my god. Incredible", and then her insulin pump started beeping.

It really worries me that Gaga has so many fans across multiple age groups, instead of the 13-25 demographic that is required to succeed in pop for 2 years and then fade into oblivion. Plus, if everyone likes her, does that mean no one likes her?

0b22fff05a2bea8ea4cab0fa85dbc34b.jpg

4. It penetrated the emotional wall I spent many years building up 

Being a cold-hearted bitch is something I take a lot of pride in, so when I got choked up during certain scenes and felt the tears running down my face it was a little distressing. If I wanted to cry I would have watched a Selena Gomez Mic Feed Compilation on Youtube.

Sorry, but I don't like feeling that vulnerable in public. Alexa play Why Would You Do That

Robo_Cooper_2.jpg

5. It was too short.

I invest so much time into this movie, only for it to end after two hours and sixteen minutes. I remember when the credits were rolling and the old couples were shuffling out of their seats, I had a "Wait, that was it?" moment. 

This movie should have been at least six hours long. B. Cooper really blew it this time.

3czw0d.gif

--

Well, am I wrong?

0__05bad4dc12dce4.jpg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FameMonster01

You are not wrong, I completely agree with you with all of the points you made above. Like how dare they film a movie that`s just 2 hours long??? I will totally burn my stan card 

California Gold

You cold-hearted bitch, you are totally

RIIIIIIGHT

lrg57gctyc5p.gif

It’s buried in my soul, I can’t find the gold

Teal Ambition

I have tears streaming down my face from the Cheek to Cheek part :air: SEND HELPPP 

▌│█║▌║▌║ before I am Canadian, I am Chromatican ║▌║▌║█│▌

Glad you're back 

lastfm - https://tinyurl.com/4x28kakr⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀steam - https://tinyurl.com/mbyp5as5

Luke78619

Running to this thread ready to banish you from the site, but then saw who the OP was :green: 

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote

Bonkers

:giveup:

I was shocked when I saw the OP. :wtfga:  I wondered, will I drag the undrag-able?

giphy.gif

Best thread of the week.  

Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates

Archived