đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

'A Star Is Born' Discussion

Admin

Featured Posts

derpmonster
36 minutes ago, Ami said:

Something I just realized about the final "I'll Never Love Again" scene. Gaga/Ally's hair is back to brown. The same colour it was when she met Jackson.

That is such an amazing detail. I didn't notice.

It's possible (implied or otherwise) that she left her old manager and became her own person. Because it's only at the end that she truly becomes a star.

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I FINALLY SAW ASIB IN MY COUNTRY.

I teared up but didn't fully cry. I...still think I'm processing it. And oddly enough, like Jackson I actually have some hearing problems so there were a few lines here and there that I couldn't really understand.

But I can't stop thinking about it...

I'm seeing it again in a couple of days and I'm CERTAIN I'll bawl my eyes out this time

Ally will *never* know what Rez said to Jackson and it will forever be a burden on my heart. WHY WHY WHY :messga:

A number of people left the cinema when Jackson got out of his car with the belt towards the end of the film because they didn’t want to watch it happen, it was so heartbreaking, and that minute long shot of Jack just staring as he contemplates it was gut wrenching. This film’s really f—ked me up :cryga:

08, 09, 11, 13, 16, 20

19 hours ago, Blackwillow said:

A - acclaim

S - success

I - intelligence

B - beauty

:vegas:

A man loves a quadruple threat

thatfoxyfeeling

I finally got to see the film tonight, local drag queens performed Telephone and Fashion! before the screening. It was messy asf  but was iconic to see them perform infront of a full cinema getting that applause. :gaysia:

The film was an emotional tidal wave, still processing it all. Bradley’s performance really touched me, their chemistry was fire. :applause:

thatfoxyfeeling

The pacing was off in some scenes, particularly the wedding and SNL.  I don’t remember Ally’s mother being mentioned? I need to watch it again. :laughga:

Saw ASIB last night in Melbourne.

-Oh Lord, the hype didn't let me enjoy it fully. I was kind of expecting stuff to happen and then a bit disappointed that they happened differently. Oh well, I'm watching it again next week so I'll form another perspective hopefully

-At times I thought that I had missed the plot as it was jumping from one theme to another very quickly. I wanted to see more of the feelings around the wedding, Ally's rise, their initial touring together. I think it happened too fast.

-The songs were amazing

-I went with my partner and 2 friends and I felt a bit embarrassed that the 8.30 screening at Village Southland was almost empty. Just 5 rows at the back. Did anyone else experience that?

-The few people in the room were sobbing at the end. My friends were saying that Bradley is a great actor and Gaga is the best singer out there.

-The tension built up during that great scene at the garage but then I kind of lost the feeling when (after he shut the garage door) it moved straight to reflecting what has happened; I lost the momentum. (Again due to my expectations) I thought that we would see Ally's reaction when she finds out. Anyway I will process it later.

-Oh during Shallow, everyone got goosebumps, you could feel it, you could hear it.

- And yes (someone else mentioned it in here), it hurts knowing that Ally won't find out what Jackson was told by her manager.

Streaming and enjoying the songs now finally!!:queenga:

Finally saw it! It was great! Worthy of the hype.

It wasn't perfect. Some parts seemed long and boring. I won't lie and pretend to be some expert on "editing" or "mixing" but I can definitely say the second half dragged a bit. The first half was flawless.

LG is a legitimate actress. her character was believable. I never felt like I was watching LG on screen EXCEPT when she was thanking the audience. That sounded like Gaga.

I haven't seen every acting performance this year. In fact I haven't seen very many. Definitely did not see any of the main Oscar ones. So it's hard to compare. Was it the best acting performance this year by a female? I highly doubt it. Bradley had the meaty role and the dramatic scenes. LG wasn't given that opportunity. She pulled her own weight of course but I don't think she stole the show or anything. I will cheer for her at the Oscars but I won't pretend it's the best performance of the year.

I thought the OST tracklist was in chronological order but I don't think it was. "Too Far Gone" for example was played at the beginning. I wish "Is That Alright" was played during the wedding scene but I guess it makes more sense to play something a little faster. I will continue to hold out hope that they made that the first song at the credits for a reason. Once Shallow is done and all those other songs they threw out are done, ITA gets a real single treatment with a newly directed music video and radio deal and playlists etc. It becomes this year's "Perfect".

doppelganger

ASIB finally released in my flop country and i finally watched the movie (after spoiling myself the entire soundtrack :ohwell: ). What a film!

I'm starting to realise why the reviews are so good. The screenplay is really tight, each scene reinforcing the subsequent scenes. Loved the foreshadowing of the incoming tragedy. The two key songs anchoring the beginning and end of the relationship ; Shallow written by Ally and completed by Jack, and INLA written by Jack and completed by Ally. 

The cinematography is stunning. Frantic at times, still at times, vivid and simply a cinematic experience.

The sound is one of the most immersive i have seen since the last Nolan / Tarantino films. 

I finally got to see it yesterday when it was released at my country. So let me just start with this:

I just loved the movie. I teared in the middle of the movie couple of times but the last song was really hard for me emotionally. And when the last seen came and the screen went black, I was crying and paralyzed on my seat. Nothing I have felt before. I was emotionally drained, felt the spectrum of feelings from good to bad. This movie is a must watch for everybody. 

This morning I woke up and put my playlist on when I started to make my coffee. And I'm still tearing up in here at my house listening these songs. I really wanna see this movie again. 

To the whole move I would give a 4.5/5. I wanted to see more that was cut from this movie but I'll bet they are gonna release directors cut from this movie at some point.

Just watched the film yesterday by myself. I was feeling a bit overwhelmed at first but I really enjoyed the first half of the movie. Starting from the motorcycle scene, I felt a bit lost. The pacing in the second half felt a bit off. And I'm someone who gets distracted really easily so it really took me out of the movie cause I can't stop thinking about the previous scene when a new scene already started. But I'm planning to watch it again with my friend next week.

Also I can't stop smiling seeing Gaga on the big screen for the first time. She was so pretty in that movie and I'm just so excited that the general public is finally seeing the true talented side of her.

giskardsb

Watched the second time and so much better.  There are ALOT of small details that show Jacks state of mind towards the end that I caught this time. Even small things such as Ally offering to send a car to get Jack play off the reversal.  And this time I feel I understand the real issue. Jack dealt with the alcohol and drugs but not the depression those were   his coping mechanism for.  Without those the depression hit in full. 

Great movie but sad as ****. Gaga was great but Bradley was brilliant. 

ASIB had it's first screening in Finland last friday

I was disappointed in my home town because there were only about 20 person watching it :interestinga:

My friend never cries in movies but now she was a mess and I was too

I started to cry when they performed the Shallow first time and it became hysterical when Jackson took off his hat and Ally was performing Shallow alone. And OH MY GAGA when she sang I'll never love again in the end:cryga:

I'm probably wrong

• Haroon unpinned this topic

Archived