Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

'A Star Is Born' Discussion

Admin

Featured Posts

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone sat through the whole credits? I heard another ARUTW version plays in the credits? Apparently it's more raw and emotional. Does someone have a link?

CanadaGoesGaga
5 hours ago, brussster said:

Has anyone sat through the whole credits? I heard another ARUTW version plays in the credits? Apparently it's more raw and emotional. Does someone have a link?

I’ve sat through the credits twice and haven’t heard it... 

On 10/3/2018 at 1:01 PM, giskardsb said:

I actually think fans will have the hardest time with Gaga’s acting because we know her so well it’s hard to let “Gaga” go.  It’s also difficult not to see a meta-commentary about Gaga’s own career which some Gaga pop fans may not entirely appreciate.  And Gaga fans will also be handicapped by not accepting that the movie is primarily about Jackson. 

this is so true. she is my mother monster in my eye in the movie most of the time. so im gonna watch it again and try to wipe away the gaga impression and to experience Ally once again.

Just watched the movie for the first time and, even having the ending spoiled to me, I just loved the film and ugly cried during the last scene.

I didn't expect ASIB to be, and feel, so dark by the end. Maybe it's because suicide is a sensitive subject for me but I wondered if everyone felt as bad as I did, like as if that suicide scene shouldn't have been this difficult to watch, and yet it's somehow fitting to the theme and the movie as a whole.

I'm still a bit destroyed, heartbroken and mesmerized by it, but I'm so glad I saw it. And I'm so proud of Gaga.

Edit: also that ****ing Rez. I wish Ally switched managers at the end or something. He was such an insensitive asshole and I'll hate him, always.

youandi

Finally got round to watching it, I absolutely loved it and yes I did I cry! 

Like a few others have said, I think the pacing was a little weird in places but mostly because some things felt like they happened too quickly, where as others went on longer than they maybe needed to. I was quite worried in the middle when they were showing Ally becoming a 'pop star' because for a while, with the way they were presenting her, I was expecting to dislike her by the end. I'm not saying that if you go from writing deep lyrics to more basic pop songs you're bad, but it did seem as though she was losing herself, but I do think she became self aware again towards the end and when she came back out with brown hair again, that made me really emotional. 

The last three(?) scenes were phenomenal, particularly when she sings I'll Never Love Again. I was so teary when Jackson came in at the end 

Finally saw it yesterday... met all my expectations and more. Of course I balled like a baby. It's just such a visual and audio masterpiece. I tried to watch it objectively. Not as a Gaga fan... to see if it truly is worth all the buzz. And it is. It really is.

Every song, every scene... it just held so much emotion. I listened to the soundtrack in the whole week before seeing it and it didn't ruin it for me at all. One thing... why wasn't Before I Cry in the film. My favourite song from the soundtrack and it would've been SO PERFECT at a particular scene... but still, so glad to have it on the album!

Rudz Xinc

I just came back from watching ASIB.

I thought it was good. Not great as I'd hope for.

I agree that the first half of the movie is better than the second half.

Because Ally is more interesting before she gets famous. When she gets famous. All I can think of is she's Gaga.

But their acting was great. She and Bradley did great. They make me care for their characters. They did that.

The songs are great. I love the ballads, don't care much about the pop songs for now. Haven't heard the album tho.

My fave songs ARUTW and INLA. Those two songs are the best songs in that movie.

Overall I really enjoyed it.

Hope it wins some awards next year.

I can finally listen to the album now.

Look at those clowns

GhettoFabulous

I watched it yesterday and I’m still amazed and in my feels :worship2:

It is soooooo good like I was blown away my friend(who doubted her acting skills and ****) and I both went to watch and we both left reset eyed omg. Ok I cried because of the story and all but just seeing Gaga love her dreams and to just see her grow. I was just so proud of her like seeing her on the big screen gave me the courage and strength and I desperately needed these past few days to just carry on. Like I’ve followed and stanned this woman for 10 years and to see her really live her dreams to me shows I can live mine too! The way Bradley directed it was sooo beautiful too the important topics he raised to uggghhh I think I need to go for a round 2 :diane:

StrawberryBlond

I honestly could happily see this film over and over, just like the critics said. On the second viewing, you pick up on stuff you didn't notice the first time too. It's a joy to listen to the soundtrack as it actually contains full versions of the songs because in the movie you only hear snippets, you only get 2 verses if you're lucky. The soundtrack acts like a great extra if you're still craving more afterwards. My favourite songs that we didn't hear too much of in the film definitely have to be Black Eyes, Alibi, Diggin' My Grave and Hair Body Face.

14 hours ago, Hyoha said:

I didn't expect ASIB to be, and feel, so dark by the end. Maybe it's because suicide is a sensitive subject for me but I wondered if everyone felt as bad as I did, like as if that suicide scene shouldn't have been this difficult to watch, and yet it's somehow fitting to the theme and the movie as a whole.

I'm right with you on that one. I'd never seen the previous versions so I had no idea how it ended, although I'd started to get a definite inkling after hearing about how much everyone who watched them said how much they cried at the end. As soon as I heard Jackson talk about trying to commit suicide when he was younger, that's when I realised it wasn't going to be a case of "gets drunk/high and drives under the influence and dies in car crash," it was going to be a lot darker. It was indeed a very hard thing to watch. I watched it the second time with my friend who used to be suicidal and had actually tried to hang himself some years back. I held his hand throughout that very difficult scene. I liked how Jackson just pulled down the garage door as if to say: "You know what's going to happen, you don't need to see this." Just as well we didn't get a visual representation of it although it was hard to say if there was a sighting of his head through the window at the top of the garage in the part when the dog goes to lie down outside. Then I looked up the old versions and realised that the first two also had suicide endings, it just wasn't hanging and it was a case of he'd just recently felt suicidal, it wasn't a battle he'd had for years (I believe, judging by the blurb on Wikipedia). The way the movie ends is just so...final. I really thought we'd see a brief montage or a quote on the screen or something, but no. But that it made it better, somehow, it seemed so much more realistic that way, like Ally was thinking: "What happens now?" and can think of nothing but sadness ahead of her. She may be a star now, but can she even have the strength to do this? Which makes the words "A Star Is Born" right afterwards seem all the more poignant.

Something I just realized about the final "I'll Never Love Again" scene. Gaga/Ally's hair is back to brown. The same colour it was when she met Jackson.

• Haroon unpinned this topic

Archived