Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

'A Star Is Born' Discussion

Admin

Featured Posts

ChicaSkas
On 10/4/2018 at 11:23 AM, Ami said:

Someone make this petition happen. Sign it! Bradley Cooper is a bonafide rockstar and deserves a record deal, even if it has to be forced upon him by a petition lol.

https://www.change.org/p/music-executives-give-bradley-cooper-a-record-deal

Done

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ChicaSkas
On 10/4/2018 at 8:54 PM, Tyler1992 said:

Just got out of a Star is Born. All I can say is Gaga has repeaked. Forget about Bad Romance, this is Gagas magnum opus. 

Wow, just wow...

A star truly reborn. 

I think BR might still crown it but her performance is sure a close second.

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

ChicaSkas
On 10/4/2018 at 6:48 AM, Molly Aphrodite said:

Saw it last night, and my GOD her acting was phenomenal. I had heard all the hype but I was truly not ready for how vulnerable, raw and emotional she portrayed Ally. I felt like I had known her my whole life within the first 20 minutes. Bradley was insanely good, Best Actor nominee most definitely. Sam Elliot KILLED it as well. The only complaints I have are the pacing/tempo issues, they fall in love a bit too quickly without us seeing a little bit more steps in the process, she becomes famous a little too quickly too, like the SNL finale when you're a brand new singer with one hit single? They definitely could've used a couple extra scenes to add to the momentum of the believability of the story. ESPECIALLY to explain Jackson's suicide at the end. He was depressed for such a long time yes, and really angry with himself at points, but after rehab he seemed to shed that a bit and really be human, all until Ally's manager said one thing to him - then he just gave up. A bit confusing, but by that end scene I could care less about pacing bc SHE ****ING DID THE DAMN THING. Literally all I heard was crying and sniffling at the first silent moment after the last scene. So powerful, so real, so essential these days. Great acting, great story, great cinematography, unfortunately average execution! Still loved it nonetheless.

I saw it today and at the end of the film everyone was quiet -- too quiet. I raised my hands high and started to clap, and so did others around me, and I am so glad I did because even in my small town this girl is GONNA GET A STANDING OVATION FFS!!!!

ChicaSkas
On 10/3/2018 at 1:45 PM, ChristianDior said:

• I cried so ****ing much

I know so did i! Look below I replied  where I could to your comments

On 10/3/2018 at 1:45 PM, ChristianDior said:

• Did they really film at the JWT? Were those people real?

No, I don't think so, however that was the Forum and I was at last forum forum show and we were told there was gonna be filming. I believe that they superimposed her singing the ASIB song over footage taken at the forum of our audience

• Ally’s styling as a star was very, very bad. I wonder if they did that on purpose.

IDK it was very reminscent of an early Love Game/ Just Dance Gaga era to me

• I am now 100% convinced that The Cure was written for this movie.

Paul confirmed in my interview with him for GGD that it was not written for ASIB.

RadioIsOurs
2 hours ago, PussyGlam said:

I think the reason they didnt show that side of it was because Ally didn't really care for it. She tells that woman in the shop that it wasn't ok for her to take a pic of Jackson. And after the shows with Jackson she seemed happier to bypass the fans to get to be alone with him such as right after she performs Shallow. You can hear fans saying "that's her". She could have stopped for the acknowledgement but when you are in love you are in your own bubble. To show that stuff would be deviating from the main story which is that these are two people in love. 

Yeah but I thought that maybe it'd also make sense that if they were being famous, that their relationship with the public eye would impact their own relationship, since one of the main points of the story is that Ally becomes more famous while Jack's goes downhill.

Wouldn't it be a nice character arc for Ally, if she goes from being a modest, naive, aspiring singer who doesn't care about fame, to becoming a famous celebrity who is obliged to put up a front and interact with fans and the press,  making her finally understand the ugly side of fame that Jack had to put up with? Right now it just feels like she became big and got nominated for a grammy, and then so what? 

Katie14
30 minutes ago, ChicaSkas said:

wait where I know I saw her in the credits.

I saw Montana

I saw Richy

I saw Imani

I saw my buddy RealRyanReid ( i think)

The scene when Gaga is getting her hair and makeup done before the Grammys

ChicaSkas
On 10/3/2018 at 10:31 PM, giskardsb said:

You know what would have been a nice end credits scene?  Sam Elliott Bobby beating the **** out of that POS manager. 

Precisely. But the problem was Jackson and the manager were totally alone -- and the cutting horrible words sunk into Jacksons head so deeply all he could was flop on the bed when Ally arrived -- she didn't know he was totally inside himself with the words the guy had stabbed him with --- and there was no way he'd ever tell her. So how could Sam ever have known what the scumbag said :cryga:

giskardsb
1 minute ago, ChicaSkas said:

Precisely. But the problem was Jackson and the manager were totally alone -- and the cutting horrible words sunk into Jacksons head so deeply all he could was flop on the bed when Ally arrived -- she didn't know he was totally inside himself with the words the guy had stabbed him with --- and there was no way he'd ever tell her. So how could Sam ever have known what the scumbag said :cryga:

He could have done it just on principle. 

Glamourpuss
5 minutes ago, RadioIsOurs said:

Yeah but I thought that maybe it'd also make sense that if they were being famous, that their relationship with the public eye would impact their own relationship, since one of the main points of the story is that Ally becomes more famous while Jack's goes downhill.

Wouldn't it be a nice character arc for Ally, if she goes from being a modest, naive, aspiring singer who doesn't care about fame, to becoming a famous celebrity who is obliged to put up a front and interact with fans and the press,  making her finally understand the ugly side of fame that Jack had to put up with? Right now it just feels like she became big and got nominated for a grammy, and then so what? 

I see what you mean and I agree a little bit. But I think the ugly side of fame for Ally had to be her alcoholic husband. Think about what happened to her at the Grammy's. Nothing could rival that. :toofunny:

IvyInferno
23 hours ago, kvnrp said:

When Ally was getting ready for the Grammys. Even Gagas makeup and hair artists (I forgot their name :rip:) are there.

Ohh I didn't notice! I only saw Sarah Tanno and I guess I focused too much on her :P

Guys there's this thing (sorry if it's been mentioned. I haven't read all the replies) I didn't understand. Why is Jackson getting steroids injected because of his voice? Is this a normal practice among male singers or does it just add up to all the substance abuse?

18 hours ago, RadioIsOurs said:

I thought the same thing! I thought Jackson would get jealous of her fame and start beating her up or something. I really got weird vibes from him, specially during that bathtub scene where she tells her she's ****ing ugly. I felt like they were going to slap each other. 

On 10/4/2018 at 6:31 PM, gag said:

I disagree so much with critics saying the second half was weaker. Maybe it's because I've seen most of the first half through teasers and clips and such but I thought the second half seemed so... powerful? Like, especially the Grammy scene and the followup to it. Every emotion in that 20 minute stretch seemed so heightened and incredible.

Always Remember Us This Way was incredible in the movie.

Shallow was initially off-putting as a solo track for its structure, but it makes so so so much sense in the context of the movie. Ally only wrote parts of the song and Jackson made up the composition in one night, it sounds like an unfinished 3 songs-in-one because it was.

That bath scene!!!

She's an actress.

OH MY GODDD AND THE JUMP CUT TO THIS SCENE

nasce-uma-estrela-2.jpg

:nooo:

I completely agree with you! The second half was more interesting to me than the first, since everything that happened during the first half was good (I tend to hate movies where everything is too good to be true). Ally was getting super successful and recognized and Jackson could abuse drugs all he could with no bad consequences. 

I felt so relieved when something finally happened to him during the Grammys tbh. 

AshIey
On 10/7/2018 at 9:00 PM, ChicaSkas said:

This bothers me so much! That no one will ever know what Rez said to him, he just gets to go on with his life like normal. 

So I finally watched the movie yesterday.

It was a pre-screening (the movie premieres next Friday in Mexico)

i was expecting to see almost only little monsters at the pre-screening but I was really surprised to see all types of audience in the theater, especially adult couples from around 40, which I found interesting, to the point that I was wondering if I was in the right movie before it started, and everybody was just blown away by Gaga’s talent, her acting was not Oscar worthy imo but it surely delivers, and I cannot believe how the power of the songs is 200% bigger on the big screen, I listened to all the soundtrack before watching the movie and I disliked Shallow a little bit, but after seeing the performance inside the context of the story is now one of my favorite tracks

i am looking forward to seeing again at least a couple times more

It is just as amazing as everybody says

• Haroon unpinned this topic

Archived