Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

'A Star Is Born' Discussion

Admin

Featured Posts

AshIey

Was anyone else surprised by how sad it was? I tried like hell to avoid spoilers and didn’t read reviews or anything. I knew from the trailer it would deal with alcoholism but not to this extent.

I’m glad it wasn’t your typical love story though, it’s one of those movies that actually makes you feel something. Gaga’s performance was so great. She really brought Ally to life which isn’t easy for such a huge name. Even as a fan I didn’t see her as “Gaga” but as “Ally”.

Cant wait to watch it again!

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
youcantcatchme

Finally watched this tonight, I'm sooo proud of her, what a beautiful love story and I never anticipated it would end so tragically, I was so sure it would be a uplifting story with a happy ending

The movie was just sensational, incredibly electrifying, vulnerable, humble and raw, the characters were so capitivitaing, I thought I fell in love with Jackson myself,

I just got home and Im still so so mesmorised by the music and Ally's emotion, and Jack T__T, that end scene/score made me cry like hell

Just so so proud of Gaga and Bradley T___T, an instant classic and absolutely timeless music

RadioIsOurs

Maybe it's cliche to a lot of people by now but I wish the film could have focused a little more on the public's perception of Jack and Ally (news outlets, social media, fans etc.). It'd make the audience understand more about their level of fame and the stakes of being in the public eye. Right now it's kinda only focused on them and their circle. Other than the huge crowd of fans, I never really got the sense that either of them are actually famous, especially for Ally. 

Naufri

I watched the movie yesterday. Is a really well rooted, classic melodrama. It have it's problem, but it have like 4-5 scenes that are pure gold. The ending is very moving, and the OST is truly wonderful. 

Naufri

On my screening was a woman/girl that literally screamed when Gaga started singing IWNLA. She was CRYING loudly.

Ehi guys is the movie available in internet already? In my country it will come out on 11 october and I really can’t wait to see it. if anybody has a link (even in cam quality) can send it to me...thanks 😊

FentyGa

I watched it on Wednesday and oh my god that was so good. The only thing that bothered me was
1.The obviousness of the lip syncing in the SNL scene (which would be fine if it wasn't for what Gaga said abt it in the Beats 1 interview)
2.The fact that Ally never had roots after dying her hair, even weeks later
But other than that? One of my favourite movies of all time.

Dayman
2 minutes ago, FentyGa said:

I watched it on Wednesday and oh my god that was so good. The only thing that bothered me was
1.The obviousness of the lip syncing in the SNL scene (which would be fine if it wasn't for what Gaga said abt it in the Beats 1 interview)
2.The fact that Ally never had roots after dying her hair, even weeks later
But other than that? One of my favourite movies of all time.

SNL wasn't lip synced when filmed. I was there for filming. The performance was shortened overall and extended for some parts for pacing which I think caused it to be edited oddly in a way that makes it appear to be lip syncing since takes aren't matching to the proper part that was sung at the moment.

My review (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS):

I should preface this by saying I’ve never really considered myself a “Little Monster” (what Lady Gaga’s fandom calls themselves.) I’ve always respected her as an artist and the things she stands for, and I’ve seen her live on a few occasions, but I wouldn’t consider myself a “stan” by any stretch of the word. So when I went to see ‘A Star Is Born’ on Wednesday night, I went with low expectations. For me, Bradley Cooper was never that much of a stellar actor, and I much preferred comedy-Bradley (a la ‘The Hangover’ franchise) than serious Bradley, so I was curious to see what he would do with this film, not just as an actor, but as his debut as a director, too.

From the moment that electric guitar started playing and the bass kicked in during the opening scene, I knew this was going to be an experience – and it was. Bradley Cooper could sing. Not just sing, but SANG, and his voice was up there with the likes of some of the world’s best and most well-known rockers. What was coming out of his mouth sounded incredible, and everyone in the theatre felt that way too given the applause that took place after “Black Eyes” finished. It felt like a literal rock concert, even though we were only witnessing it on the big screen. Still, you felt like you were there witnessing the experience. It was really quite something. As soon as Jackson Maine (the name of Bradley’s character) was finished performing, the move immediately delved into what his life was like as one of the world’s most accomplished rockers, and the downfalls that came with the fame, along with the struggles he endured with his health, such as tinnitus and alcoholism. After his big performance, he stopped at a bar where Ally (Lady Gaga’s character) just so happened to be singing. The rest, as they say, is history. The two talked, he heard her sing a song she’d written, and that sparked the beginning of their love story. Ally would ultimately agree to follow Jackson on the road, their love continued to blossom, they got married, and then Ally’s own career began to take off. But the drag bar “La Vie En Rose” Ally was no more. After a chance meeting with a music producer who happened to be at one of Jackson’s shows, Ally was signed and turned into an orange haired pop singing starlet. This didn’t sit well with Jackson. His alcoholism got worse, and while Ally’s star continued to rise his would eventually fall, and he would later wind up in rehab. 

It all sounds cheesy and cliché, really, and you probably agree just by reading this especially if you haven’t seen the movie yet, but let me tell you…the way Bradley and Stefani were able to morph into their characters, you didn’t feel like you were watching Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga on that screen. You actually felt like you were watching Ally and Jackson Maine. It really just goes to show how great a storyteller and director Bradley Cooper is, and how great he and Gaga are at acting...and there’s no doubt in my mind that he deserves, at the very least, every award possible for Best Director. Not to mention Best Actor. As well as Lady Gaga for Best Actress. Best Film. Hell, Dave Chappelle even deserves an award. Even the damn dog! (You know exactly why/what scene I'm referring to.) The emotion that everyone put forth in this movie was palpable, and just thinking about it moves me to tears. This is one film I’ll never, ever forget.

Daredevil
On 10/5/2018 at 10:21 PM, dit said:

um I know lol? It was obvious he died I'm just saying the way he died was a bit ambiguous in a way. And the reason why he killed himself wasn't developed enough for it to be as impactful as I would of wanted. Loved everything in the film just wished that part was a little more developed is all.

so many great people have committed suicide and you’ll never know why they did it. it’s dangerous to say that someone‘s reason to kill themselves is not valid. . 

Just now, Daredevil said:

so many great people have committed suicide and you’ll never know why they did it. it’s dangerous to say that someone‘s reason to kill themselves is not valid. . 

yeah of course I agree but for a film it felt a little lackluster I guess. Then again perhaps this captured reality a lot better. sometimes ppl kill themselves for reasons we cant understand and feel I guess. So i agree with you on this honestly.

I feel like the only reason he killed himself was because he was triggered by what that dumbazz manager said to him, but at the same time I know it runs much deeper than that for people with suicidal ideations. I just wish this could've been a happily ever after story. It really felt like Jackson and Ally were REAL and not just characters on a screen.

HausOfMark

I loved the movie. Today was my 2nd time seeing it. The 2nd time was amazing and so beautiful. 

-Mark

• Haroon unpinned this topic

Archived