💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

'A Star Is Born' Discussion

Admin

Featured Posts

TheGagaOfItAll

The album just hit Spotify, I'm playing "I'll Never Love Again" over and over...it's what brought me the most to tears during the film. Jesus Christ.

I need to see the movie again...I kept just being in awe at Gaga acting that I couldn't fully take it in. :(

Nobody's gonna heal me if I don't open the door

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Katie14

Why did Jack kill himself though? It seemed like he was doing better and getting more sober. Allly never gave up on him. Yea he felt guilty about embarrassing Ally and Rez was a jerk to him but he made Ally's career by introducing her to all his fans. He has to feel good aboit that. I just feel like his suicide wasnt adequately justified. 

musicnotbling

wow ... gaga really did that. everybody in that theater was crying. and i know i said i am done on ggd i only came on to profess how immensely proud i am of this woman and how far she's come and how much she's achieved in her career. the locals at the theater were wildin' they loved it and i was so surprised it was actually packed on opening night in my small city. i am so thankful gaga and bradley share such an incredible bond and that he worked with gaga to boost her into the movie scene. this era was really a lot that she needed. all these accolades and all this positivity must feel so refreshing for her. i just hope she's happy :-) the movie was so emotional 

8.gif?resize=500,206

giskardsb
40 minutes ago, Katie14 said:

Why did Jack kill himself though? It seemed like he was doing better and getting more sober. Allly never gave up on him. Yea he felt guilty about embarrassing Ally and Rez was a jerk to him but he made Ally's career by introducing her to all his fans. He has to feel good aboit that. I just feel like his suicide wasnt adequately justified. 

That part definitely needed more time. 

1 hour ago, Katie14 said:

Wait so he killed himself right? I wasn't sure :air: 

Like all I saw was him in the garage with his dog outside the garage door and then the next scene was his house flashing red and blue (cop cars I guess). and then they went to Ally. I'm shocked he killed himself after that...they needed to develop that portion a little more honestly. 

Chickens in Malibu

Looks like "Is That Alright" is the one that's climbing the charts so fast.

Nicogly
10 hours ago, Noelle said:

I loved that (perhaps unintentional) she tributes Judy Garland by singing Somewhere Over the Rainbow :legend:And also the Carole King Tapestry record on the wall above her bed during the scene where Ally is in her bedroom! :golfclap:

Had a pretty weird audience at the screening I was at though. Everyone was super giggly, which was great at the start, but by the time the grammy's scene came on and Jack being passed out everyone kept laughing like it was something hilarious, even though he was miserably stumbling and it was a super sad scene. Did anyone else have an audience like that too? :saladga:

omg my audience wouldnt stop clapping evertime gaga did something. it was soooo obnoxious. It was almost all gaga stans going insane... kinda ruined some moments for me 

Rock On and A Last One For the Road 🚬

FFXSoul91
2 hours ago, Katie14 said:

He had obviously struggled with suicidal thoughts his entire life (his first attempt was before he was even a teen). He was suffering from depression and used alcohol and drugs to cope.

Then, when he thinks he's finally doing the right thing and improving his life for Ally, Rez tells him that he is an embarrassment and is destroying her career. He knows Ally is lying about the label deciding to cancel the European leg of her tour for her to work on her album and that she is cancelling it so that she can be with him. So, in his state of mind, he thinks that the best thing for everyone is if he just gets out of the picture.

2 hours ago, Katie14 said:

Actually I think people who struggled with mental problems  tend to commit suicide when they are more sober. He didn't make the decision because he's depressed but because he knew he couldn't stay away from drugs and alcohol forever and that he would be an obstacle for Ally's career, so he killed himself.

also the moment when Alley told him her label cancelled the tour became the final straw(but actually she cancelled the tour by her own decision), he thought it's his fault and only his death can let Ally truly shine on the stage.
but I agreed that  they should give this part more time, it felt a little rushed.

musicnotbling
10 hours ago, dit said:

Wait so he killed himself right? I wasn't sure :air: 

Like all I saw was him in the garage with his dog outside the garage door and then the next scene was his house flashing red and blue (cop cars I guess). and then they went to Ally. I'm shocked he killed himself after that...they needed to develop that portion a little more honestly. 

well i mean they did do a whole concert in memory of him 

3 hours ago, musicnotbling said:

well i mean they did do a whole concert in memory of him 

um I know lol? It was obvious he died I'm just saying the way he died was a bit ambiguous in a way. And the reason why he killed himself wasn't developed enough for it to be as impactful as I would of wanted. Loved everything in the film just wished that part was a little more developed is all.

Demoncore
9 minutes ago, dit said:

um I know lol? It was obvious he died I'm just saying the way he died was a bit ambiguous in a way. And the reason why he killed himself wasn't developed enough for it to be as impactful as I would of wanted. Loved everything in the film just wished that part was a little more developed is all.

You can actually see it in the scene; through the garage windows, you can see him hanging. I heard a few people gasp when they noticed, as did I :-(

I feel that the second half was rushed in terms of confronting how Jackson's alcoholism was a coping method for his depression. I understood as I have close relatives enduring the same thing, but for others it may not be so clear. I think it was snuck in with the interactions between Bobby and Jackson, but I can see why Bradley would be weary of exposition in a film like this one.

Demoncore

Also, I sat back to read through the credits for the music used in the film, and I noticed something. They used Yonkers by Tyler, the Creator! I thought it was interesting since 1. the rumors saying Gaga was from Yonkers and 2. that both her and Tyler were spotted going into the studio when she was in New York at the same time

DitaDolla

GUYS AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO CRIES WHENEVER I HEAR INLA?

SERIOUSLY WTF BRADLEY DID A GOOD JOB WITH THIS ONE

FFXSoul91
1 hour ago, NathanRajz said:

GUYS AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO CRIES WHENEVER I HEAR INLA?

SERIOUSLY WTF BRADLEY DID A GOOD JOB WITH THIS ONE

I can't say that, but I get a mild version of the feeling of being punched in the gut whenever I hear that song and Is That Alright? because they take me back to the emotional moments of the movie.

I thought that the ballads on Joanne were amazing, but these have totally outdone them for me.

• Haroon unpinned this topic

Archived