💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

'A Star Is Born' Discussion

Admin

Featured Posts

SadBoi808

I am so so shocked and blown away. 

Her acting (unlike Gaga countess) was so vulnerable and just Gaga existing as this character, and just living. The hardest thing to do in acting is to do nothing, and just exist within the story.. She managed to pull that off so effortlessly. 

I was sad to see Heal Me not being played in full 😭 

WDYDTM had my entire theater laughing, and I understand. A cringe bop to serve the narrative. I still Stan tho 😭 

the beautiful cinematography in ally and Jackson’s home. The lush and soft light in the bathroom scenes paired with the acting... just BREATHTAKING.

i mean. Wow.. I will probably see again Sunday. 

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, CanadaGoesGaga said:

Just got back from tonight's screening in Vancouver... This movie is amazing. I Will Never Love Again is going to be HUGE. 

Saw it in Vancouver tonight as well. AMAZING film. So heartbreakingly beautiful.

Hola Soraya

I went to watch ASIB last night and I can only summarise the whole experience in one word... 'OMG!'. :air: 

I tried not to hype myself before the movie but let me say this... both Bradley and Gaga knocked it out of the park. The on-screen chemistry between the two was just...

giphy.gif

It felt like Gaga was born for the role. :firega: Bradley's singing was exceptional considering he is not a professional singer. The cinematography was gorgeous and overall the whole movie flowed really well, at least, in my opinion. In addition, I felt that Bradley managed to avoid the whole romantic movie cliché by striking the right balance. This film will make you cry, laugh and cheer for the two characters. 

In summary:

Wig: Snatched

Scalp: Severely Injured

Skin: Rejuvenated

Stan Card: Upgraded to Lifetime Subscription not that I ever had a choice :lolga:

Anxiety: Destroyed

Take everyone you know to see the movie: your mother, your brother, your sister and your friends, the others, your lovers, both past and present tense.

giphy.gif

Gaga should really sign up for this insurance plan to protect us from herself considering the slayage that has occurred, is occurring and will occur. :air: 

https://i.imgur.com/UqIWc9m.jpg

ÂżTĂș me estĂĄs hablando en inglĂ©s?

• Admin changed the title to 'A Star Is Born' Discussion
Bowman

Oh my gosh, I went to see ASIB last night and I’m so blown away by it, Gaga and Bradley were PHENOMINAL. I honestly loved it so much, from start to finish. Might go see it again tonight. :excited:

Did anybody else love the opening title scene when she’s singing down the street and then you see A STAR IS BORN title fade in slowly? So frigging amazing!!! Reminded me of an old  Hollywood kind of movie. It gave me so much chills and even now when I think about it. :giveup:

đ•Żđ•”, 𝖋𝖗𝖊𝖊 𝖒𝖞 𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖉

Would anybody mind commenting on what kind of a role Anthony Ramos plays? I know he is Ally's best friend, but not much beyond that. Is it mostly comedic? I saw one review call him an antagonist. Is he in much of the movie? Spoilers are okay.

jezze0410

Is this also the thread to discuss the soundtrack? I really think the dialogue tracks work well to contextualise the songs that don't feature prominently in the movie. Especially How Do You Hear It - Look What I Found (jumping from Ally's humming and composition process to the finished product), Vows - Is That Alright (confirms that Is That Alright was written by Ally specifically for the wedding), and Scene 98 - Before I Cry (no explanation necessary).

Molly Aphrodite

Saw it last night, and my GOD her acting was phenomenal. I had heard all the hype but I was truly not ready for how vulnerable, raw and emotional she portrayed Ally. I felt like I had known her my whole life within the first 20 minutes. Bradley was insanely good, Best Actor nominee most definitely. Sam Elliot KILLED it as well. The only complaints I have are the pacing/tempo issues, they fall in love a bit too quickly without us seeing a little bit more steps in the process, she becomes famous a little too quickly too, like the SNL finale when you're a brand new singer with one hit single? They definitely could've used a couple extra scenes to add to the momentum of the believability of the story. ESPECIALLY to explain Jackson's suicide at the end. He was depressed for such a long time yes, and really angry with himself at points, but after rehab he seemed to shed that a bit and really be human, all until Ally's manager said one thing to him - then he just gave up. A bit confusing, but by that end scene I could care less about pacing bc SHE ****ING DID THE DAMN THING. Literally all I heard was crying and sniffling at the first silent moment after the last scene. So powerful, so real, so essential these days. Great acting, great story, great cinematography, unfortunately average execution! Still loved it nonetheless.

Bowman
30 minutes ago, Molly Aphrodite said:

Saw it last night, and my GOD her acting was phenomenal. I had heard all the hype but I was truly not ready for how vulnerable, raw and emotional she portrayed Ally. I felt like I had known her my whole life within the first 20 minutes. Bradley was insanely good, Best Actor nominee most definitely. Sam Elliot KILLED it as well. The only complaints I have are the pacing/tempo issues, they fall in love a bit too quickly without us seeing a little bit more steps in the process, she becomes famous a little too quickly too, like the SNL finale when you're a brand new singer with one hit single? They definitely could've used a couple extra scenes to add to the momentum of the believability of the story. ESPECIALLY to explain Jackson's suicide at the end. He was depressed for such a long time yes, and really angry with himself at points, but after rehab he seemed to shed that a bit and really be human, all until Ally's manager said one thing to him - then he just gave up. A bit confusing, but by that end scene I could care less about pacing bc SHE ****ING DID THE DAMN THING. Literally all I heard was crying and sniffling at the first silent moment after the last scene. So powerful, so real, so essential these days. Great acting, great story, great cinematography, unfortunately average execution! Still loved it nonetheless.

I completely agree with you, I feel like the scenes come and go quite quickly. Like they fell in love straight away and then got married within a day and then it goes tits up not long after 😂 obviously in the story it’s not all close together but it feels like it escalates quickly. I think it would of been cool also to have got to know a bit more of the other characters.

đ•Żđ•”, 𝖋𝖗𝖊𝖊 𝖒𝖞 𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖉

LadyLuca

The movie was good. 7/10. Would not watch it if Gaga would not be there tho.

Gagas acting is good. Bradleys is very good but the soundtrack just steals the show. The music is outstanding.

I did not get emotional but thats almost never the case for me while watching a movie.

Katie14

I'm seeing it for the 1st time tonight!! I dont know how I'm going to make it through 6 more hours of work and then 3 hours of class. I wish I could just time travel 10 hours lol. 

I had a dream about watching this movie last night. I went to the theatre and found my seat but then I had to pee right before it started so I ran to the bathroom. When I tried to get back inside, the door was locked! I think I fot let in eventually though but I woke up right before the movie started. So tragic. 

josephalexander

I got to see it last night and it was so incredible. Ally and Jack are so authentic and honest to a point that the uncomfortable scenes are like actually uncomfortable because you feel like you’re witnessing everything in real life. 

The music, obviously, is incredible and the scene of Gaga performing “Always Remember Us This Way” was so beautiful and such a peak of their crazy whirlwind happiness. The scene with “Shallow” was everything I hoped it would be and watching Ally go from terrified, nervous, and insecure to grabbing the mic and belting out on the front mic was so powerful to watch. The scenes of Ally after reaching fame were also incredible, like where she performed “Why Did You Do That” on SNL were so cool and it was fascinating to see Gaga as Ally as someone similar to Gaga in real life but not quite  

And, major spoiler alert, the f*cking steak. When Jack puts his hat down one last time. And Charlie whining at the garage door. And the police lights lighting up the woods and you can just barely see what happened through the garage window. And then the continuation of the “I’ll Never Love Again” piano scene in the last 30 seconds of the movie ruined me. Every time I think of that scene I tear up and then the cut back to Ally on stage with a single tear. F*ck. 

The cinematigraphy was also incredible and the way every shot is framed and the adrenaline in the handheld scenes on stage just made everything feel so visceral. The backstage scenes and behind the camera scenes were also so interesting and they make you feel like you’re backstage with them and like you’re a part of Ally’s production. 

I disagree so much with critics saying the second half was weaker. Maybe it's because I've seen most of the first half through teasers and clips and such but I thought the second half seemed so... powerful? Like, especially the Grammy scene and the followup to it. Every emotion in that 20 minute stretch seemed so heightened and incredible.

Always Remember Us This Way was incredible in the movie.

Shallow was initially off-putting as a solo track for its structure, but it makes so so so much sense in the context of the movie. Ally only wrote parts of the song and Jackson made up the composition in one night, it sounds like an unfinished 3 songs-in-one because it was.

That bath scene!!!

She's an actress.

OH MY GODDD AND THE JUMP CUT TO THIS SCENE

nasce-uma-estrela-2.jpg

:nooo:

headspin, happiness, DEÌ€ÌŁAÌąÌŻÍ”Ì˜T͏͙̗̟̫HÍĄÍ…Ì—Ì™

CanadaGoesGaga

Also, I knew the movie ended with tragedy... but i did not expect how it was going to be tragic. And the Grammy scene was heart breaking, I literally was in shock. The audience gasped. 

• Haroon unpinned this topic

Archived