💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

'A Star Is Born' Discussion

Admin

Featured Posts

xokuba

I just came back from pre-screening in my city, official premiere here is tomorrow. 

All I have to say is! They are going to snatch every award from every award show!

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bolkins

So I just got back. I honestly haven’t seen a film that good in like 10 years, even if Gaga wasn’t in it I think I’d still feel the same. I was so proud of her it was like watching a friend starring in a film or something, her acting was so effortless. 

I wish the part of the film before Ally had become famous had been longer, but I think the change she goes through is integral to the story so they have to drive home just how different she becomes. You do feel like she sells out to fame, but I think that’s what Bradley wants you to feel. The rumour about Gaga writing the pop songs less to her abilities makes sense as they’re overshadowed by the ballads. I’m dying for the ST as the music was perfect. 

Bradley is also amazing, I can’t believe he hadn't done music before the movie and I can’t even get my head around the fact he directed it too. I liked him as an actor before but I guess I didn’t really appreciate just how good he is and asib has totally changed that for me. 

The cinema I went to was full and it’s in a pretty nothingy town outside of London, I felt that was good sign on how keen the GP is. Their reactions to certain scenes were perfect, the woman next to me was noticeably cringing during the part at the Grammys and I guess that’s exactly what Bradley was going for. There was total silence in the final scenes bar the odd sniff, as the lights came up at the end there were a few laughs as I guess people could see each other being a mess.  

I can’t wait to see it again and talk to everyone at work about it and make them see it too :vegas:

After I came home after seeing the movie I was so speechless still, I then played Shallow again and started crying once again. This movie is so powerful :messga:

lastfm - https://tinyurl.com/4x28kakr⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀steam - https://tinyurl.com/mbyp5as5

Spock

It blew me away :diane: it was so perfect, everything I wanted it to be and more

Gaga's acting was SO good. I really did not see "Gaga" at the beginning, only her character. But when she sits down at the piano (I think it's at Glastonbury?) you could literally see PianoGa come out to slay. Same when Ally goes through the pop transformation. I know it's not her fault, or because of her acting or anything. It's more because we're stans and notice these kinds of things, the small details, but the illusion kind of stopped there for me.

Also Shangela and Willam were everything. The bit where Jackson signs William's breast plate had me laughing so hard. I love how they were just themselves 

What I didn't like was the foreshadowing? like that wasn't subtle at all lmao, especially because you could see Jackson would die from a mile away. I wasn't spoiled before but at that moment it was so obvious and kind of annoying tbh

also, that ****ing Ally billboard was so gross ew. Like, she managed to get jobs for Sarah, Frederic, Natali, DJWS, even Richy on this movie ffs and you're telling me she couldn't get somebody better to shoot and edit that? :rip: 

and Halsey? I did not need to see that on my cinema screen 

who will love me when the night is over

misunderstood

I just was shook the entire movie. I’m gonna see it again, I was just so emotional most of the movie seeing Gaga on the big screen. Such a beautiful movie and I’m happy I avoided the pop song leaks and other stuff so I was completely blown away by Heal Me & WDYDT. Beautiful movie...so emotional :giveup:

"I'd rather be poor and happy, than rich and alone"

Serial Chiller

OMG being a non native English speaker I was murdered by Bradley and Sam Eliott's characters mumbling at a frequency too low for human ears. Like jokes and iconic lines were missed because I couldnt make out what they were saying (watching in US theatre so no captions), I only knew I missed them because people ooh ahh-ed or laughed :cryga:

But no sweat I'm watching it again tomorrow. This time I clean out my ears. Mumble away boys!!

StarstruckIllusion

**** when they cut to Jackson singing IWNLA it made me BAWL. like holy ****. I’m tearing up just thinking about it. 

I’m not masc or anything but I rarely cry. It’s a whole body jerking of experience. it just hard for me to. And that fact I actually did with this movie... wow. 

Serial Chiller
3 hours ago, Spock said:

It blew me away :diane: it was so perfect, everything I wanted it to be and more

Gaga's acting was SO good. I really did not see "Gaga" at the beginning, only her character. But when she sits down at the piano (I think it's at Glastonbury?) you could literally see PianoGa come out to slay. Same when Ally goes through the pop transformation. I know it's not her fault, or because of her acting or anything. It's more because we're stans and notice these kinds of things, the small details, but the illusion kind of stopped there for me.

Also Shangela and Willam were everything. The bit where Jackson signs William's breast plate had me laughing so hard. I love how they were just themselves 

What I didn't like was the foreshadowing? like that wasn't subtle at all lmao, especially because you could see Jackson would die from a mile away. I wasn't spoiled before but at that moment it was so obvious and kind of annoying tbh

also, that ****ing Ally billboard was so gross ew. Like, she managed to get jobs for Sarah, Frederic, Natali, DJWS, even Richy on this movie ffs and you're telling me she couldn't get somebody better to shoot and edit that? :rip: 

and Halsey? I did not need to see that on my cinema screen 

Yeah what I didn't understand was why the foreboding image was on top of what seemed to be the LGBT flag? Is there a deeper meaning to it?

But, ehm, no, that Ally billboard is everything. 

Yes, f*** Halsey. 

misunderstood
Just now, Serial Chiller said:

Yeah what I didn't understand was why the foreboding image was on top of what seemed to be the LGBT flag? Is there a deeper meaning to it?

But, ehm, no, that Ally billboard is everything. 

FACTS. I WAS STANNING.

Biden Harris 2024

All I can think of after the body blow at the end is how I never wanted it to end. I saw the word journey and it really is one of the most amazing journeys that I've seen cinematically. The characters are so convincing. They may have had a script but it's so genuine, they aren't really acting, they really do become these two characters and you will fall in love with both of them. Trust me on that one. It never wavered for me as being too long. To me I could have watched it for another hour. I kept the floodgates of tears under control until I got to my car and I just balled my eyes out. I could barely drive. I recommend not doing that. Cry if you feel like crying ! It's ok. At the end of the movie it's like all the air got sucked out of the building. I can't spoil it because there are fans that are interested but don't necessarily want all the spoiler info. Uggghh, just have to let out one big breathe !

misunderstood

I need more pics of pop Ally I was stanning :giveup:

Vitleysingur

Reading your reviews alone is enough for me to get goosebumps and even shed a tear. :diane:

I am so proud of her.

Dreams of you and me are in the dirt.

JohnWayne92

Its one of the best films I've seen. 

I never felt like I was watching them act. It felt like I was there with them. They seemed so fluid in everything they did. It was seriously amazing.

Also, for anyone wondering, my theatre LOVED this film. Laughing, sharing the on screen energy and excitement, and most everyone, grown men included, walked out crying. 

The songs are all so beautiful as well. 

It's a masterpiece.

giskardsb

You know what would have been a nice end credits scene?  Sam Elliott Bobby beating the **** out of that POS manager. 

CanadaGoesGaga

Just got back from tonight's screening in Vancouver... This movie is amazing. I Will Never Love Again is going to be HUGE. 

• Admin changed the title to 'A Star Is Born' Discussion
  • Haroon unpinned this topic

Archived