Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Correct Shallow Lyrics: "I never meet" NOT "I'll never meet"

MEM

Featured Posts

So I've watched the "Finding Ally's Sound" featurette like 100+ times and I it's definitely "I never meet the ground" like, in present tense, rather than "I'll (I will) never meet" which would mean she anticipates not meeting the ground. "I never meet" means she certainly did not meet the ground. I'm shooketh.

I mean this post basically confirms it but still, we've been singing it wrong for 3 months, smh.

Pray4FameGa

Hope not. Much prefer “I’ll never meet the ground.”

I’m going through a bit of a turning point in life right now and I’ve been finding her shouting that lyric very inspiring.

If this is true, big mistake. Nearly as big as naming the song “Shallow” and not “The Shallow”.

StarstruckIllusion
2 hours ago, Wolf said:

:huntyga:

I mean, this one was posted later, so it must be more correct. Sorry OP

2 minutes ago, Wigless said:

We’ll find out on Friday anyway

I don’t think we’ll know for sure until we get the CD booklet haha

raragaga

maybe in one part it says "I" and another it says "I'll"

xoxo

Gagadonna

Well, she could say "I never meet the ground" in one verse, and "I'll never meet the ground" in the next/previous one

Like Million Reasons, sometimes she says "I bow down to pray", sometimes "When I bow down"

ShockPop

It's I'll.  If it was "I never" it's the wrong tense.

She's talking about herself as she dives in, so to speak, as the lyric is "I'm off the deep end" and in your version would be "I'll be off the deep end" which is clearly incorrect.

Archived